Hey gunfags, quick question for you

Hey gunfags, quick question for you.

Is it legal for a foreign tourist to carry a firearm in the US, generally? I feel like it's gonna be a state by state thing?
I'm not talking about purchasing it, which I know is illegal, I'm strictly talking about possession and transportation. I'm obviously not gonna be in the system but I've ggot a spotless record, and there's a professional context to this.

If not and I'm stopped, would some supporting documents like a customs sanction be enough to let me go on?

Other urls found in this thread:

reason.com/archives/2017/08/09/new-york-city-vs-visitors-and-their-guns
atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#r
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It’s going to vary state by state. In the south you shouldn’t have any problems unless you’re a fucktard. I’d advoid any liberal states such as Jew York and especially nazi Cali.

Any idea on Louisiana?
I know this is Sup Forums, I'm not expecting a lawyer to give me the rundown, just rutting around for jumping off points.

Very illegal anywhere. You would be detained and deported after a very lengthy interrogation.

Do you have diplomatic immunity?

reason.com/archives/2017/08/09/new-york-city-vs-visitors-and-their-guns

I do not have diplomatic immunity, but the shipment is for business purposes (part of getting in on US business, I'm an "investor" but I'm hands on)
I've cleared this on the supplier end and arranged legalities necessary to traffic it across national borders, i.e. customs sanctions and whatnot. I also know that in the source country I need a weapons license to possess the merchandise period, which requires the local PD to sign off on it and ordinarily a gun range membership, but not when it's for business use.
I am not familiar with how this works in the US, and I'm pretty sure I'll ultimately need to dig into this on a state by state basis.

Its illegal anywhere in the US with a US issued form of ID. Most states require one to obtain a weapons carry permit. The states that dont require a US ID. You would be arrested and deported.

Meant to say you need a US ID.

I would contact the ATF. Be the best place to start. You'd have to be cleared through DHS as well.

go ask

>there's a professional context to this
sure and you have no clue where to get an official info

Every search starts with a query bro. Posting on Sup Forums is the upgraded version of googling it. I'll get in touch with the proper authorities but I want to crowdsource some leads first.

if you are black

probably not a good idea.

Short answer is without approval from a government or law enforcement agency in writing then no it is not ok. And even then other agencies may challenge or invalidate that.

Your going to have to fill out out tons of paperwork with customs and other agencies. Not to mention the paperwork every time you go to a new state.
Otherwise your going to be in felony possession of unlicensed firearm. Plus why do you feel the need to carry a gun? You going to be picking fights with minoritys? Or do you look like a Muslim.

actually it's perfectly legal for a non-resident to purchase, possess and own a firearm.

Laws vary, but so long as you do your research (Sup Forums does not count) and you follow the laws, you'll be fine.

There's a legal difference between import/export, and possession. You can be cleared to bring it across the border (which I am) but you still need clearance to possess it in specific areas (which I'm looking into atm)

>Plus why do you feel the need to carry a gun?
It's not just a gun. I'm going to have crates full of rounds in my van.

>Not to mention the paperwork every time you go to a new state
Of course. I accept that.

One thing to keep in mind for air travel though is, you can bring guns on board a plane. They just have to be locked in a hard case and have the ammo stored in a separate hard case. Both of those have to be cleared and loaded into the cargo area. (you're not gonna have it during the flight obviously)

I am using private transport to actually bring it over. Regular transport doesn't generally handle it (generally classified as explosive material) I'll just be receiving and transporting.

atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#r

Not really. Non resident aliens are allowed to purchase a hunting license and borrow a weapon from a legal US owner but unless you are in Alaska or Vermont you cannot carry a concealed weapon. And those states both have stipulations regarding that concerning non resident aliens. Basically the law is kinda muddled. If you get caught carrying a concealed weapon on a hunting license id bet my money that you would get arrested as its not a weapon for sporting purpose which is what most hunting licenses require. You could argue that any weapon fufills a sporting purpose but it all comes down to the state and at time the local government. There is a what to carry a firearm for security related work but it includes mountains of paper work and I believe a US address for the company you work for.

Crates of ammo? Your going to usa to sell surplus ammo or what

I got some foreign suppliers lined up, can beat US prices any day. You guys are way overcharged man. I guess that's supply and demand for you.

Yeah boy

if you can purchase a firearm you can keep it in you car just fine, concealed carry requires a permit. open carry is legal, but expect to have cops hassle the living shit out of you, especially with no US ID.

>There is a what to carry a firearm for security related work but it includes mountains of paper work
>and I believe a US address for the company you work for.
Check. I'll look into this man. Thanks bros, I'll contact the ATF to go over this generally, and then dig around to see what I can find in terms of this licensing. US biz address is available though.

It use to be cheaper but all the gun scares tend to rise prices and keep them high.
Let me get a couple crates of 762x39 and 762x54r

>762x39
You're in luck. I'm importing shitloads of this dirt cheap. My guys tell me it's rare on the US market as it is? Production/licensing constraints?

Conceal carry doesn't require permit only in az if you're 21 and older

Unless you have a valid hunting license, then no, non-resident aliens are not permitted to possess firearms in the US.

t. firearms salesman

Walmart has it for $8-10 usd for 20rounds but it is aluminum cased. Use to be around 6 dollars

Gotta admit, that's tight price, but aluminum cased huh?
I can offer mil grade (literally same stuff going out to Iraq) at 96ct a round.

ya bud just bring it on the plane with you lol

No you fucking idiot. It's not going to be legal for you anywhere in the US

no you'll get arrested even in states with the least restrictive gun laws