Thoughts?

thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NfWMqgm94bs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wtf! I fell for the meme and it's actually good. It's like Brand New with trap beats

it's a slow burn, definitely more mature than their previous albums.

wasn't really sure what to think after the first listen, but after the third listen it's either on par with TDAG or better

Need to listen through more.

Listened to it straight through with some nice headphones and I really liked it. I can definitely see it growing on me

Waste and Same Logic are the best songs on it IMO

Best album, can't get it out, same logic, waste, no control are the best

AOTY for me, at least for now, waiting for The National, Björk, LCD Soundsystem, The War on Drugs and Godspeed

It feels so good when an artist surprise releases their album but it feels infinitely better when it's as good as this one is.

Better than brand new tbqhwyf

Where can I listen to this?

youtube.com/watch?v=NfWMqgm94bs

AOTY

Going to listen to it now. Will it make me feel like shit?

Yes.

Perfect

Gets better with every listen desu

It's good. Better than Daisy, Deja, and YFW.

Still not as good as The Devil & God

Personally, that album is a NOT GOOD out of 10 but that's just my opinion

Good taste all around, friendo

This. I was mostly drawn into the listening to new Brand New on the first listen, but it feels like it gets more personal and alluring with each listen.

Also,
Daisy = SF > D&G >> Deja > YFW
Yes, I know I'm gonna be alone in this ranking

every album was getting more despondent and bleak until this one.

When I first heard it I thought it was their worst
I kept listening to the songs I really liked and tried again, I'm thinking it has potential to be one of their best
Fav songs are Lit Me Up, Can't Get It Out, 137

The lyrics for Can't Get It Out hit me in the feels

The speech samples in 137 are so fucking eerie I love it

Nah man I agree, Daisy kicks ass

this album saved this decade and it's literally AOTD atm. it sounds like Radiohead which made emo album

radiohead is one of my favorite bands and you're retarded

This album just reminds you of when shit was bleak and brings back those bleak memories.

stfu. i love Radiohead too, but AMSP isn't album of the decade and Brand New - Science Fiction is better than kendricklamars and other shitty rap etc

Why the fuck are you dumbasses comparing this album to any shit that comes to your mind?

it's very important to compare this album to the best albums of this decade because it can be in top3 2010s

not him, but that makes no sense and this album sounds nothing like radiohead

It's garbage. Stop posting shit for middleschoolers

aotysf, beating out slowdive and fleet foxes for me.

Every album they've put out has been their best imo. Album of the Year.

solid album desu.
not as exciting or explosive as D&G.
But still a prett great album with mellower sound.

Waste is a fucking great track.

Not very good. It's just too bland musically.
Like, every single strum on a guitar on this album is placed exactly on the downbeat, there's nothing ever inbetween, no interesting musical ideas, every song has the same structure... The moment a song ends i forget about it. I listened to this full thing 2 times now and i think the only melody from this entire album i can recall is from the final track, simply because nothing comes after.

>slowdive
As if that's tough to beat

best album art of 2017

9.8/10

Better than Daisy, which is not hard. Deja = TDAG > Scifi > YFW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daisy

Is it true that those mystery CDs people received with everything as one track is a different/rougher mix?

Solid, glad they didn't break up.

no, when has anything like that been true

I just read it and wouldn't be surprised. When they released those remasters of the leaked demos there were two versions of No Body Moves.

Correct ranking
Absolutely disgusting ranking

that'd be cool and might be true but it strikes me as that type of rumor that spreads everytime an album doesnt live up to their expectations, like with the king of limbs and DAMN

I'm sure it'd be easy enough to test, there must be one of them uploaded somewhere.

a o t y

It's pr good

When this album is great it can be some of the best music theyve made.
When this album is okay its sorta just meh.

Its definitely a pretty great album some of these tracks are just so good. And I wasn't expecting them to take this direction at all after I am a nightmare and some of their talk, though im glad at how jarring and dark it gets. It was worth the wait and if its their last im not disappointed

I was pleasantly surprised after the last few lackluster singles they released, and there are a handful of tracks that I really enjoy. Can't Get It Out sounds like it could be right off of Deja Entendu, and 451 is a fun bluesy romp - kind of a Daisy callback. Jesse delivers what I think is his most consistent vocal performance yet, the production is stellar, and the guitar work is probably some of their tightest ever.

Unfortunately, there just aren't enough new ideas on the album, and many tracks don't really go anywhere when I expected them to kick things into overdrive (No Control, Same Logic, Desert, Waste). Batter Up was especially disappointing given its length. Could Never Be Heaven sounds like filler.

6/10 for me. Devil and God is my favorite and I just miss the aggression. Glad they're back though

Same logic sorta reminds me of fork and knife ans desert is perfect as is with the acoustic end

Id agree no control had an opportunity to kick things into overdrive and batter up is probably their worst outro single to any of their albums but fits the album itself well.

Let's all go play Nagasaki
We can all get vaporised
Hold my hand, let's turn to ash
I'll see you on the other side

What did he mean by this?

I agree. Just finished my 4th listen and each time its grown and grown.

>Can't Get It Out sounds like it could be right off of Deja Entendu

It's better than anything out of Deja Entendu.

Damn this was my full listen of Brand New album.

I utterly hated Deja Entendu, but I really like this.
Listening to The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me, much better as well, not sure what I do not like about Deja Etendu.

dl link?

Deja Entendu still has some pop punk in it. I also only like TDaG and beyond. Listen to Daisy too. They've been a great band since TDaG.

Definitely blows the hell out of Daisy
Not sure if I like it over TDAG and Deja yet though.

It's definitely a grower though.

Still think the Flotation Toy Warning album is AOTY though

Deja Entendu they still were in their juvenile phase, kinda caught between their straight high schoolish pop punk on YFW and the bleaker emo rock of D&G.

>when band drops AOTY out of nowhere

It's a shame, because for how much I dislike Deja Entendu, I utterly love its opening track, it seems much more mature rather than rest of the album, I feel like Tauto is foreshadowing for the greatness that was about to come in the next records.

On the first listen now and it's pretty good. I'm taken aback by how mellow it is and how little quietLOUD moments there are which I always just expect from their music. This is like Brand New doing a Slowcore album like how Daisy was Brand New doing a 90s post-hardcore album.

And now that they've put out a new album, Glassjaw is all that's left. Fifteen years and counting since Worship and Tribute.

Real talk guys

In I Can't Get It Out

is the lyric "I'm just a manic depressive" or "Not just a manic depressive"?

This is boggling my mind. This changes the context of the song and I need the actual lyric.

Deja just kinda works for me I guess

I'm not the biggest fan of Deja but fuck me can I jam to Guernica any time.

What's best track in your opinion?

Same Logic/Teeth

Downloaded it just for the cover DESU

Can't pick quite yet, but it's gonna end up being Lit Me Up, Same Logic/Teeth, In The Water, or 451 simply because that ending makes me feel like I'm having a celebration of Daisy and D&G

Lit Me Up, 137, In The Water top 3

In The Water for me

Actually changing my mind
No Control

Batter Up

Hold me down
Underwater and don’t let me up again

Thought it was funny that considering its name, No Control kept things pretty tame

All of the disconnected outros they used were super interesting. I wonder what they were going for, but it seems to fit the bipolar vibe of their work. Especially Out of Mana, what the fuck was that about

This is also the most self-referential album they've made since Deja. Batter Up is so brutal because there is no emotional release, just resignation. If this is the last bn album, I can't think of a better way to end it

Could Never Be Heaven

Not sure about that either. But the best lyric in that song is "Got my messiah impression. I think I got it nailed down."

agreed

this album is boring as fuck

Batter Up

Really enjoying the eerie samples and interludes. They remind me of Godspeed, especially the intro. The more I listen to it, the more they seem to complement the atmosphere even when they are just jamming. Definitely turning into one of my faves of the year. Daisy is the only album I haven't listened to by them but I heard it has similar vocal samples. Gonna check that out next.

I cant believe that people actually like this garbage. more overrated than kendrick lamar - damn

>Daisy is the only album I haven't listened to by them but I heard it has similar vocal samples
It has some old song as intro and outro also it uses the sample Brand New used on Out Of The Water

6/10 desu

split w/ safety in numbers > yfw > science fiction >= d&g > deja entendu > daisy

>rating the split (one song, one cover)
>not rating leaked demos

the two songs on the split are both 10/10s

desu i never listened to the demos in full lol

Moshi Moshi is 10/10
Am I Wrong is 8,5/10 but it's a cover so it only

WHERE DA LINK?

My rankings for their previous albums:

1. Daisy
2. Devil

Power gap

3. Deja

Poooooowwer gap

4. YFW

I'm not sure how to feel. Daisy was awful to me on the first listen but now it's a 10/10 and one of my favorites of all time. Each of their new albums presented a shift from their previous efforts, and I enjoyed the different sounds offered. SF, on the other hand, feels like something familiar instead of fresh. Almost like a mash up of devil and Daisy. Not a bad thing, but not a stylistic evolution, either. Parts of the album were excellent and others underwhelming. At the peaks, they really shine, but there are a few valleys as well. Instrumentally there were quite a few stellar moments, and I may need more time to marinate on the lyrical content. Perhaps, this just needs time to grow on me, but as of right now I give it a solid 7.75/10. I will say that I'm eager to jump in again after the first listen.

poor yfw :(

steal mommy's credit card its only $9 she won't know

I still liked it but it's pretty juvenile in comparison. Good pop punk but immature at the same time. Most of deja is immature as well. I don't take their first two albums very seriously, despite enjoying them.

Listening to it right now. Seems like a much mellower version of their previous works. Song writing feels more mature imo. Almost like late 20's/early 30s melancholic feeling.

took them too long to release it
I would've been excited maybe 3-4 years ago

Desert is super underrated. It's placement in the album is perfect too.

>I seen those boys kissing boys
>With their mouth in the street
>But I raised my son to be a righteous man
>I made it clear to him what fear of God means
Based