Hi Amerifriends

Hi Amerifriends,

Visited your country two weeks ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it! I went to Cal, Nevada, and Arizona (SF, Yosemite, Death Valley, Las Vegas, Joshua Tree, LA).

Some things I noticed, which I thought was pretty damn surprising:

- The amount of autists around is quite astounding. For example when we were at a Burger King (we loved Burger King and Chipotle most of all fast food places) my girlfriend pointed out this guy who had opened his burger, and was putting fries on it. Not just regulary, no. He was actually biting off bits of his fries, so they all had the exact same length.

- Your hobos are fucking annoying. Especially those in Hollywood and the walk of fame. Most of them only took a glare to realize not to come ask us for money, but other tourists were being harrassed over and over. Where we live in Belgium the police would take them off the street right away.

- You guys are great when driving around. Extremely polite (apart from people in SF), and we saw some pretty awesome trucks. Especially those 8 wheelers were pretty damn cool. Can anyone explain why they put all those pins on the sides of their front wheels though? That kind of surprised me.

All in all, awesome holiday, you were amazing and we loved your country! :-)

gay for america

Americans are a bunch of sassenach autists.

Where do you hail from, foreign user?

Hollywood is actually a shithole. I mean, for the most part. I bet that was kind of surprising to you. Sure was for me when I was a kid.

I'm from Belgium.

Las Vegas was a shithole as well, full of landwhale nig-nogs dressed in rags. Quite disgusting. The Strip was cool during the day though, despite it being hot as balls.

I live a few hours north of Boston...I have never experienced the US that you did. Different world over there, glad you enjoyed.

I went during the winter so most of the big girls were hibernating or something. I didn't really see landwhales.

How did you enjoy the weather in California as opposed to other places? I live in Southern California so we get the same season basically all year round.

Lucky man. I am this fag: 85 degrees today, will be -20 in February

Well, what I thought was surprising is how little fat people there are. Based on Sup Forums and the media, even the whites are all fat (most blacks and hispanics seem to be though), but there were a lot of people in apparently great shape as well. The fat ones are really fat though, the kind of fat you really never see here.

Also, I always thought those people riding around those electric fat-movers were a meme. They weren't.

Walmart after 10PM was a fucking goldmine in cringe as well, loved it :-)

> How did you enjoy the weather in California as opposed to other places? I live in Southern California so we get the same season basically all year round.

Loved it, wasn't hot as balls like in Nevada and Arizona :)

That's the point, we don't have to deal with monsoon season and our winters are cold at 50F

I think the pins are so you need a special tool to undo the wheels? I wondered myself

It gets pretty old, for me at least. I like the cloudy, wet, dank weather and the times I get those I enjoy. Good luck during winter haha

Arizona sucks. And yeah, those people really do live and breathe. There is a lot down here, kind of surprising considering how liberal and "nutritional" we supposedly are.

Any Walmart at night is just... surreal is the best way to put it. You just kind of look at some of these people and wonder how they've been around for this long. You should really come back next summer though. The fourth of July is like the fucken Jubilee. Especially if you like fireworks.

I think the west coast has far fewer fat fucks. I also think major cities tend to have fewer fat people as well. The largest problem areas for obesity are rural areas and especially the bible belt.

I visited Oklahoma last summer and was swiping through tindr for lulz. It was a nightmare. Alright looking girls were like 1 in 10. So many fatties.

am american

am autisic

can confirm.

>You should really come back next summer though.

I wish I could, but it's pretty darn expensive. Cost us about €3000 each (and we're paying off a mortgage). We're planning to go to Australia as our big trip next year, because that's always been my GF's dream. The year after we're planning kids, so yeah.

I'll be going to a conference in SF in december though, definitely looking forward to that.

Definitely not looking forward to another 16h*2 of flights, and the jetlag though.

Arizona fag here. Where in AZ did you visit and what did you do?

Wonderful.

Any other experiences you wanna share? I don't know if this is why you made this thread. Otherwise, would a white American be welcomed so graciously into your country? What type of places should we stay away from?

>pic related
>'merica

America is good, promise. Homeless people suck, there are vids of a 17 year old streamer getting chased by one saying 'im gonna tickle you', so dont be surprised.

We went from Yosemite to Death Valley, and stayed in Kingman in between. The girl at the hotel desk was one of the prettiest I had ever seen. Light brown skin, and almond-shaped eyes, so I assume she has some native blood. Her name started with a "B" in case you'd know her.

Anyhow, we mostly were there to visit death valley. Most insane temperatures I had ever been in, and then at a certain point you had to shut down your AC's.

hahahh amerikanen zijn dik en dom :)

I'd be offended if I could speak British, I guess.

Great story

I think Belgium can be a great country, but I'd definitely suggest to stay in the "Flanders" part of the country. The walloons are just the French version of the lazy Mexican meme, and full of corrupt politicians there. No love for them.

Anyway, I did already know about the toilet situation there, how there's a gaping hole at the bottom of the stall, and then those holes at the sides. Didn't take long to get used to though. The amount of goddamn dirty public restroom stalls was so sad though.

Eerlijk gezegd? De meeste helemaal niet. De dikke mensen daar waren wel extreem dik, maar de meeste vielen goed mee. Ook zeer sociale mensen, zeker ten opzichte van de gemiddelde Belg. Extreem "customer friendly" (ja, omdat het hun job is..) maar ook mensen die ik op straat tegen kwam.

I've never been to Death Valley only because it sounds miserable haha. We have some amazing climate varieties, that's what I love about Arizona. Within a 2 hour drive I can hike a mountain in the dessert and snowboard down a slope. Only downside is that we are a conservative state with a high population of mormonfags who feel it's necessary to knock on your door and provide salvation. Anyway, glad you enjoyed AZ. I'm currently kicking it in Chandler

Well, if it's a part of your state, I think you should visit it.

And too bad you don't know that girl, she was so damn cute, even my girlfriend admitted it.

The beaches probably have some of the worst restrooms I've ever seen. And I worked in fast food. Junkies just shot up in there sometimes.

How about the cuisine from LA? Did you try Mexican food? And if so, was it from a small shop or like Taco Bell?

>protip, taco bell ain't real Mexican food.

Too bad, but my fiance is fucking smoking hot so I'll be okay.

>Taco Bell
>Tex-Mex, califag

>Where do you hail from
>"Where we live in Belgium"

Remember that tism they mentioned?

>Junkies just shot up in there sometimes.
Yep, in (mostly) Hollywood and other parts of L.A. we'd have to ask for a token or code to be able to enter the restroom. We didn't visit the beach in L.A. itself though, only Santa Monica pier. Corndogs suck, by the way.
>How about the cuisine from LA? Did you try Mexican food? And if so, was it from a small shop or like Taco Bell?
>>protip, taco bell ain't real Mexican food.
Well, we had both Taco Bell, and Chipotle. Chipotle was simply a-ma-zing. Taco Bell was...meh. We mostly visited chain restaurants, so we knew what to expect, and we didn't run into any weird surprises (i.e. heavy food poisoning, you don't want that on a road trip)

Yo dude, I'm from OK and I can honestly say that its actually much worse in missouri. Havent found any really acceptable girls yet.

Ze zijn gwn dik

En jij bent dom.

Nu goed?

Glad you enjoyed your time here. I think the autist thing is because we don’t interact with other people quite so much. Less public transport and more spread out cities. Just a theory though. Hope you come back soon.

hahahahh never come back you huge faggot

Well, you gotta one day try carne asada fries (fries topped with diced meat, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes, cheese, great late night drunk food).

How about the beer? I assume you get most of the popular ones from here back in Belgium but did you have any type that stood out?

>Well, you gotta one day try carne asada fries (fries topped with diced meat, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes, cheese, great late night drunk food).

I'll try to remember that next time I'm there!

>How about the beer? I assume you get most of the popular ones from here back in Belgium but did you have any type that stood out?

Dude. I'm from Belgium. We have the best beers in the world, I'm not going to ruin myself with things like Budweisser. I only drank two alcoholic drinks, one was a cider in San Francisco, the other one was a "welcome drink" cocktail in our L.A. hotel (a decent hotel, we paid about $1200 for 3 nights there)

Not OP but did you know they are only called carne asada fries out west? I used to live in Sacramento but I moved to Omaha. We have a few stereotypical California burrito joints here with normal California burritos but they call the fries super fries here. It’s the exact same thing.

There are some pretty good beers in the states. Probably not as good as you’re used to, but nobody who knows good beer drinks Budweiser.

If you ever decide to come to Belgium, let me know, so we can get smashed together.

Haha sounds good. I love beer so I think I’d love Belgium too lol

Well i'm glad.

Spread the word around to your fellow Euronigs to stop them from talking shit about the US.

>Can anyone explain why they put all those pins on the sides of their front wheels though? That kind of surprised me.
Those are massively illegal, but retarded law enforcement does nothing about it because lazy.

Yeah, the Western US is beautiful scenery, and is still pretty awesome. Glad you enjoyed, bro. Come back again. --Arizonafag

Yeah I figured caused we're so close to the bother. Spanish just kind of rubs off on us. I've seen places where they call it something else. Do they have burritos just as good?

$1,200 for 3 nights. Yeah, no wonder why it gets expensive. Thankfully I could just drive to LA in two hours.

I don't know much about Belgium but what season is I guess the prettiest? Spring I imagine would look amazing in retrospect to winter.

>All American beer is budwiseer tier.
>Are only at chains

Please don't come back. Apparently they breed pansy ass close minded bitches in your home town. Can't believe you sampled mostly fast food(as if food made by safe spaces is safer) and didn't try any of the hundreds of microbrews available to you in the regions you traveled.

>Arizonafag
>stay outta ma beaches

But why do they have those spikes? SoCal fag by the way.

Britfag here. Going to NYC on friday. First time in such a large city, bet it's nothing like jolly old london. I shall be goggling in amazement at your skyscrapers, eating delicious treats and getting fall down drunk with your Irish immigrants.

>this

But I didn't want to be a rude American.

I'm not going to berate you like some of the others, and I can understand why you'd stick to chains here (I recently had an English friend come over and wanted to sample all the fast food he possibly could). But the beer thing is overblown, by far. Some of the best new beers that are coming out are American microbrews. Yes, Bud and Coors and all the other 'blue ribbons' are shit, and we recognize that. But some of the best beer I've ever had in my life, whether Asian, European, or American are our microbrews. Especially here in the MidWest.

Also, you missed the chance to eat really good Mexican food while in LA.

Lots of those there I assume. Come to Cali. See our lovely woman that you guys probably hear so much about.

>pic somewhat related
>types of stereotypical Cali girls

Well, I also wanted to try as much fast food as I could, simply because the fast food here sucks. We only have Mac Donalds and quick.

(Mac Donalds sucks in the USA too. Big time.)

No regrets!

>But why do they have those spikes?
Just stupid Idiocracy, basically. Dumb faggot truckerfags being overly aggressive and macho.

I would say almost as good burritos. Better than you’d expect but not as good as abelardos

He alreay said Belgium, you dingus

Yeah got road trip planned for Cali next year. Need to see more of the states before it's destroyed by totally ruthless premptive tactical nuclear counter measure by best korea.

Oh. So kinda like those assholes with lifted trucks?

>you live in the same city as me
>why the fuck do you need a monster truck
>you're dicks not gonna get any bigger

Or Alberto's.
Or
Roberto's
Jilberto's
Arriero's
Gilberto's
Jalberto's

I think I made that last one up.

duh

Yeah, that's probably best. SoCal is really quite hospitable. At least San Diego county is. LA though, just keep away from dark alley's and homeless people and you'll be fine.

the hobos might be heroin addicts

i doubt we are polite drivers

wtf is an 8 wheeler? you mean like a semi? do you not have those?

yea the countries great until you go bankrupt paying to treat a disease you couldnt afford to get checked for early on and which now will likely end your life

what parts of LA should I frequent and what parts should I avoid? Is the area between Chinatown and Eagle Rock OK?

Can confirm.
Worked in Brussels for a few weeks, you'd see all the shit and shit people there wandering around in the normal working hours. Travelled north (I was chased away for trying to work on the weekend, wtf...) visited Gent and Bruge. Man what a difference, the norther you go, the cleaner the cities and friendlier the people.

Chinatown and Koreatown are touristy places. You will definitely not be the only one there. South East LA is the more ghetto parts. Not sure about Eagle Rock, maybe some LAfag here can give you insight. And of course, avoid Compton. There's nothing there really.

Venice beach is awesome, be sure to go there. A lot of different characters there but also surprisingly tourist friendly.

I would say, having visited LA quite a lot and also lived in a ghetto all my life, just follow the main roads. Listen to your GPS. Don't sucker up too much to bums otherwise they're gonna tell you their life stories (I'm sure you've encountered them before). Oh, and the place is very weed friendly. All of LA basically. Keep that in mind.

>wtf is an 8 wheeler?
He meant 18-wheeler, I 'bleev. English is his second language.

Thanks. Im moving to north east LA and just wanna be prepared if Im going to get violently murdered

It ain't that bad. At least not like how it was in the 60's and 70's. Presumably because of the Manson family. If you're gonna be there for a while, make some friends who actually grew up there. Don't hang around the hipsters. They're fucken annoying.

>pic related
>Griffith Observatory
>can see this sign from there