The most experimental band of all time

Discuss

Kinda random to have a picture of Radiohead lol

No [x42]

that's not death grips

Radiohead have never done a single thing that hasn't been done before

that's not what experimental means

fpbp

Their limit was that they were more form than content, more "hype" than message, more nothing than everything.

The greatest band of all time regardless, no band ever has melded the avant garde with cool fresh pop before these guys to the extent that they have, and it's likely no and ever will. Nearly every album is at least a 9, kid a and OK computer are the greatest albums of the 90s and 2000s, and if they have another soon it will be the greatest album of the 2010s. When the hype for other shit goes down everyone will see that Radiohead were pretty much the best band ever. Imagine having amnesiac AND in rainbows? Unironically the GOAT of modern music, give them some time and they'll probably become better than Bach, but they're not too far from that already though.

Prove me wrong

I kinda unironically agree with this but I totally understand why one wouldn't

I cannot unfortunately for myself
Sometimes I wish I could dislike them to see how it's like but I like everything from them

Lol listen to more music dude

Idk about that but why's Ed always so far from everybody else? Is it because he's tallest one?

Radiohead, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated band of the decade, upped the ante for studio trickery. They had begun as third-rate disciples of the Smiths, and albums such as Pablo Honey (1993) and The Bends (1995) that were cauldrons of Brit-pop cliches. Then OK Computer (1997) happened and the word "chic" took on a new meaning. The album was a masterpiece of faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music). It was, more properly, a new link in the chain of production artifices that changed the way pop music "sounds": the Beatles' Sgt Pepper, Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon, Fleetwood Mac's Tusk, Michael Jackson's Thriller. Despite the massive doses of magniloquent epos a` la U2 and of facile pathos a` la David Bowie, the album's mannerism led to the same excesses that detracted from late Pink Floyd's albums (lush textures, languid melodies, drowsy chanting). Since thee production aspects of music were beginning to prevail over the music itself, it was just about natural to make them "the" music.

I actually never read Piero's rh but this only proves further the fact that he's hypocritical as fuck

The most overrated band of all time

>more form than content
Like your post.

Any noise, post-rock, or prog band is more experimental than radiohead
Not to mention experimental and abstract as subgenres om their own, pic related

still less experimental music than Oneohtrix Point Never

Who honestly falls for such obvious bait?

>who is frank zappa
>what is trout mask replica
>what is velvet underground

kys OP.

>fruit loopy kooky krisp script flip chip dip, dip shit
>frank zappa faintly playing the background

I was more talking about the production
>scoopy doopy floopy poopy

>le poopoo peepee prog man
>le schizo blues man
>le heroin three chords rock band

yeah no

translation: I dislike radiohead because they are popular and I am a contrarian.

Zip Code Rapists

there was a certain point that radiohead was just trying to be what can was

Holy shit imagine actually believing this

bait thread

imagine actually naming ur band this

...swans reference?

translation: i can't read

Animals as Leaders is up there