Why is there something instead of nothing? Why is there any existence at all of anything at any fundamental level...

Why is there something instead of nothing? Why is there any existence at all of anything at any fundamental level? If your answer is God, why God and not just nothing?

Because it just happened that way.

not cool

We don't know, that's the beauty of it.

Definitely not the abrahamic god though, tha'ts just what brainlets tell themselves to make things easier to digest.

According to quantum mechanics nothing is inherently unstable. Every corner of empty space is filled with virtual particles that pop in and out of existence. There is no such thing as nothingness in this universe. Something exists because it has to.

dont want no QM son. need philosophy up in this bitch

so nig nogs can nog nigs

Why does there have to be a reason for anything?

Something has an inherent greater probability of existing than nothing.

If you want to ignore this than you're not looking for an answer to your question but trying to asign meaning to your meaningless existence.

gay nothing talk

The only reason there is something is because you are here to experience it.
There is no light withought eyes.
Rocks arent hard without soft skin.

There would literally be nothing if we were t here to percieve it. Nothing exists without life yo percieve its existence.

t. Alan Watts

There is no such thing as nothing.

>asks for answers
>writes off the right answer when he gets it

wew lad

Werent*

Because "nothing" is fundamentally something.

To even contemplate probability you have to have something.

Experience is entirely subjective. We only think we're experiencing anything, never truly knowing. Even your internal senses are largely a lie, recreating something you believe to be true for no better reason than your brain tells itself it is.

In order for nothing to exist, then something must exist. Otherwise it would just be called thing.

Yes there always has to be something. Nothing is a human concept that was created because there is something. If if the answer is God. God is something.

Exactly my point. Existence and reality are only subjective to the individual. Nothing exists without perception.

Nope. Nothing doesn't exist. You can't speak nothing. You can't breathe nothing. You can't experience nothing. Nothing is never present. Nothing isn't within existence, it's without. There isn't even nothing within the vacuum of space, because of quantum virtual particles and because we're talking about WITHIN existence.

So if you die and can't percieve anymore, everything stops to exist?

are we in a simulation? doas that explaine it?

Because there needs to be something for there to be nothing

Nothing only exists without perception, but perception is a lie. We are only perceiving "thing" because we are perceiving "thing", not because anything is actually there.

What is it you're actually perceiving? Can you prove it?

alot of your responses just sound like Tool lyrics

Yes. For the individual at the least.

But at most, for everyone. Lets say im just an NPC and you are the player. Once your game is over the whole game shuts off.

And surely before life as a whole, nothing existed, as existence is a human concept. Nothing exists without life to experience it.

Dumbing the human gene pool

Do the walls that your NPC's in vidya run into exist by your definition?

It took millions of years of cause and effect to evlove sentient life to perceive the universe. Therfore something existed before a lifeform perceived it. It's simple logic and you watch too many terrence McKenna videos. He's an idiot.

More Alan Watts then Mckenna but ok. The Secular Jew has closed your mind brutha.

What will you say if the simulation theory is true (which is highly regarded in some scientific communities)?
It would completely destroy you millions of years to create life argument. If we ever get to the point where we can simulate sentient life, your argument becomes bunk.

Your*
Fuckin mobile shit

I like your point but we don't know where sentient life evolded elswhere in the universe

>ignoring logic
I remember when I went through the self important hippy phase and experimented with hallucinogens as teenager. It took me a while to realize I was full of shit and didn't have a special insight on reality. Your ego in unhealthy. You'll get over it wheb your brain matures.

>nothing doesn't exist
>humans created a word to explain nothingness

Check out the fermi paradox if u havent.

fag

Who sounds self important here?

Why are you angry, and attributing motive to me, friendo?

Everyone knows about leonard suskind's holographic principle. The word simulation is misleading. I suspect you haven't thought the thing through.

>We don't know
>Definitely not the abrahamic god though
lol kys.

nice trips, but something doesn't "have to exist"

Those particles have the potential to exist, but they don't start existing until they have something to interact with.

They're probably a reaction of dark matter.

Because nature abhors a vacuum.

pic unrelated

Whats misleading about simulating the processing power of the human mind? Idk, maybe i havent thought it through enough. Its your world, im just living in it.

Yes, the whole
>doesnt behave the way it should until its observed
thing is pretty interesting.

What does water taste like?
>check and mate

Like one part hydrogen and two parts oxygen? With some minerals and flouride sprinkeld in?

there wouldn't literally be nothing, because that wasn't the case before humans came along,

saying things only exist because you're here to see them is as retarded as a child that believes that school doesn't happen if he stays home sick.

You're a fucking adult and you barely understand object permanence. An hero please.

Not angry. I can just tell by your arguments that's youre going through that phase and haven't realized yet that your ego is over compensating for a lack of knowledge and logical reasoning. People who say "nothing really exists maaaan life is only a dream" are only looking to make themselves feel better by assuming they have some special insight.

OOOOH my, you fucking freshmen philosophers are KILLING me. I haven't heard shit this dumb in since college.

Are you 100% certain your memories are real and you dont just exist in the present moment?

If you're from Detroit, water tastes like lead, human feces, negro hair treatment, and failure.

No one is stating this as fact.
Remember, things that are posted here are entirely fictional. Were all trying to figure out this crazy thing called life. Get over yourself, dad.

Dragon. Unicorn. Tom Bombadil
I rest my case.

so humans don't make words for abstract concepts then? HHHHAHAHA

yeah it's the perfect start for som really coo Tool lyrics!

What does air taste like?

K Morpheus.

>not understanding once you have identified it, it exists

If you're from Detroit, air tastes like coal-fired power plants, negro body odor, and failure.

A simulation is still something. Every piece of perceivable evidence we have at our disposal suggest that the earth has been here alot longer than we have. If we're in fact 3 dimensional holograms n a 2 dimensional plain at the edge of the universe doesn't mean we don't exist. The information a till exists somewhere. That doesn't mean we are a simulation. I think you're stuck in the word simulation because it's click bait for science news websites.

Like oxygen, co2, n2, etc... until your rank ass lays a braaap

Time is something. Nothing exists outside of time, if at all. If Nothing exists time doesen't exist and there is no change. Nothing seems to be pretty unstable.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

I think what some of the philosotards here are alluding to is that the act of observing something alters it. To observe is to interact with, and interaction changes what you observe. At best, it speaks to quantum physics, at worst, metaphysical bullshit.

Right, it wouldnt change much for our direct experience. But it would alter our idea of existence. We may exist on some level, but not on the level being discussed here presently.

Relatively speaking, you're an idiot.

>r/iamverysmart

>Why
You are asking the wrong question my friend. You should be asking about how there is something instead of nothing.

Do u get mad at flatearthers too?

>doesnt want to have definitive facts

Dude, do you even science? in QM there is all the information you need to prove the existence of the afterlife.. Everything is one.. check it out. We are an extension of god, we are god. A single consciousness allowed to exist simply to gather more information an to observe unique experience. We are attached via QM you derpmaster 5000.

Actually Detroit is mostly nuclear, but it get's stinky near the waste treatment and Marathon Refinery out near I-94.

Einstein was pretty interested in relativity. It's all we have. It's ALL relative.

This is true.

Ohhh you ALMOST got the pun...

check out peneal gland..

check out 11 dimensions

check out 11 dimensions of the brain

check out energy = everything is made up of energy fluctuating vibrating.

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed

The ass end of a black hole, lay another universe being born. There is an infinite number of dimensions and universe.. No standard world religion can grasp the true nature of the universe.. which is us, and after you die, you go back into the collective, and options await.

so be good

check out Buddhism. (not saying this is it, but it is the closest thing, also they have cool gods.((not saying you should truely worship the gods, but just learn the lessons of bhuddah.. Way more important than any middle eastern goat piss trash.)

ugghhhhh.....

This is all you need to know: matter and energy are the same thing in different forms NO different than ice, water, and steam being the same goddamn thing.

Wtf are you talking about? Cite any academic studies that claim QM is evidence of a connected consciousness. Ive never heard of such a thing and I majored in philosophy of qm.

Aren't you assuming to have some special insight by assuming he doesn't? Also what makes insight special? Cant it just be insight. Don't claim to know something faggot. No one knows anything. People realize this at different stages in life, don't judge him.

This. As much as your brain is in existence, existence is in your brain. Reality exists because it has to exist for the observer, but at the same time the observer can only exist in reality.
It is all one self perpetuating system
You light the stars much the same as you beat your heart

undeniable inference