What's some music I can play around my deeply religious parents?

What's some music I can play around my deeply religious parents?

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iF96B27HYik
youtube.com/watch?v=Olz_S1QJS-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what religion

bob dylan? mongolian chants?

I love you jesus christ

christianity

You might be able to get away with Kendrick. You just gotta enlighten your parents on the Christian influences in his music.

Bathory
Burzum
Darkthrone

Neutral Milk Hotel

Sufjan. Unless it's Age of Adz or C&L. He says the f word in those.

anything instrumental really

Most Classical/Romantic era
and this

Butthole Surfers

patrician choices:
beach boys
beatles
ramones
bob dylan
simon and garfunkel
pink floyd
jimi hendrix
david bowie
johnny cash
marty robbins

Beastie Boys? Try and see what happens with Exmilitary

Listen to Gregorian chant
No way you can piss them off and ascend into patricianhood

good list, normie-friendly too

jimi and bowie for religious folk?

Who knows? If OP's parents are protestant plebs who think Catholics are devils then this might rub them the wrong way.

at this point everyone's become so used to music like that that only the strictest christians really have a problem with them.

Hosianna Mantra

>semen stains the mountain tops
>movements were beautiful all in your ovaries

Catholics are heathens who put men before God

>ctrl+f Talk Talk
>0 results
step it up Sup Forums

ITAOTS

Came here to say this

this is the truest answer outside of actually religious music or everyman genres like folk or country

They'd like some older songs, try just the stuff that gets onto the GOTG soundtracks and you'll be fine.

It's even got 'God' in the title!

youtube.com/watch?v=iF96B27HYik

this

They'll love you if you play this for them.
youtube.com/watch?v=Olz_S1QJS-k

Immolation
Grand Belial's Key

bible thumpers still fucking exist?

Stupid Christians, am I right, my friend? Haha!

yeah you are if you actually believe that horseshit lmao

Greydon Square

back to r/atheism

slipcock

i honestly dont get how you could sincerely believe the earth is 6000 years old or some ancient book of allegorical fables should dictate how you live your life lmao

People are dumb and indoctrinated but at the end of the day they have the right to believe whatever mythical nonsense they want.

this is a good meme i didnt expect this

pure objective realism

>tfw I unironically used to be like this

Contrarianism is great and all but how fucking stupid do you have to be to be an unironic christian under 40 you'd have to be a redneck or some shit.

i agree but you just sound like a leddit atheist

Or you'd have to have read some books that offer opposing views to your own.

>reading the bible
Lol no thanks if I want glorified Aesop fables I'd read that.

Kanye West - Ultralight Beam

I generally dislike christian music but this track is awesome

>i honestly dont get
Because you're fucking underage.

There are more books in Christianity than just The Bible. Of course, reading The Bible correctly and understanding it was my first step to realising where much of my ignorance was lying.

i'm 19 and the only christians I've met were bible thumper rural hicks and fetal alcohol country girls

Talk Talk
Paul Simon
Starflyer 59
Automatic for the People era REM

>i'm 19
what the fuck are you youngfags even doing on Sup Forums

>cringe
I'm not anti religion to any extent, but I don't think /you/ get it if you think it has more to do with age than culture

Sup Forums is almost all teenagers and college students dude, you old fucks are the ones who don't belong here probably heard about Sup Forums from cnn or boomer facebook page or some gay shit

>6000 years old
to be fair a lot of religious folks / christians don't believe that Genesis is a factual depiction of the world's creation

This.

>oldfags don't belong
>newfags do
what the fuck am I reading

It's kinda true, speaking as an old(ish by now???)fag. I don't come here nearly as often. Too immature. People are best off growing up and out of it anyway. Circle of life shit.

oh did your womanpriest teach you that you heretical protestant blasphemer?

>taking bible literally
kek

how old are you

Not old enough to feel invested, but old enough to feel like moving on makes sense. 2010. Curious about your judgement, luckily it's not too important either way...

oh wow, I'm retarded. 24 years old. started browsing in 2010 I meant
for damage control's sake, maturity=/=intelligence

lol i was about to give some smartass reply like 'you're 2010 years old?!'

i didnt have any follow-up anyway i was just curious

its because in the preceding 2 millenia getting large groups of people to actually buy into a mass hysteria where they thought they were always being watched by the ultimate omnipresent judge of good and evil and if you misbehaved you would be subject to literally eternal torment was actually evolutionarily favorable, you could get large groups of people to cooperate for basically no reason and follow the rules and not have to deal with constant infighting, or at least less than normal

it seems the human race is moving past the need for it though

word

Ok back to the music; Marvin Gaye - What's Going On. An absolute masterpiece and covers themes of religion and struggles