NONONOONNONONONONONONONO

NONONOONNONONONONONONONO

even if thats true?
is mexico paying for it?
nahhh

The walls are to keep us in, not keep them out

I guess this is probably bait on both sides but honestly why would anyone be against the wall? Trump sucks and the alt right is bad news, but I just can't wrap my head around opposing the wall.

Every nation has the right to secure it's borders and should do so. Being able to control your immigration rates is a basic necessity. Too high and they cause labor market problems, cultural problems, and right wing backlash.

But more than that, there's nothing xenophobic about a nation controlling it's immigration. America is very lenient on immigration which is probably net good, but we do have an illegal immigration problem and I find the whole backlash against the wall insane. Support amnesty for birthers, or protecting birthright citizenship but the wall is a good idea

And if your issue is economic then you're completely idiotic. We can easily afford it and it's basically a large infrastructure based jobs program. Plus, it will reduce the anxiety of the poor whites who freaking out because they believe the nation has abandoned them.

this, the mexicans saw what is going on in american universities and wants to keep that cancer there
in 2 generations there will be no jobs in the US, no production, no media, just people sitting in their 3ft square safe space with an internet connection trying not to be offended by others breathing in microagressive manner before tweeing about it

protesting against border patrol, wtf is going on??

because it worked for china

bc canada and mexico are our brothers just like the EU, well until trump got elected.

is there going to be a solar wall?

Can anyone who is against the wall explain there reasoning? I'd like to hear it

it's fucking moronic, remember the berlin wall? the fucking pope told you you're a fucking moron

Why would the wall be a bad thing and why do people really think that open borders is a good thing?

world peace

solar wall? Sounds like a bad idea, just increases the maintenance needed for both the wall and the solar power. It's like that moronic solar highway thing

Vast expense for something that won't actually prevent immigrants from crossing the border.

explain how

Some of us are old enough to remember the Berlin Wall.

I agree with this fine sir.
I see it mostly as a feel good wall unless we also relocate US boarder side towns outside of tunneling range + add thousands or remotely monitored seismometers along the wall as well.

It's a waste of money. Mexican and Chinese companies stand to make a lot of that money because they will supply the concrete.

Also, it's a symbolic fuck you to Mexico... who's actually a pretty decent neighbor.

Humans can never achieve world peace. Never. Doesn't matter what race, color, or creed. Humans love destruction and war

So you don't see why being able to control immigration rates and make sure all immigrants are documented is preferable? I'm in support of high lenient immigration rates because it is part of americas heritage and it has major positive economic effects. But that's no reason not to make sure we can control and regulate it.

It's ridiculous that this is a partisan issue in the first place

its putting militia kill squads out of a job, they cant even fire mortars indiscriminately at beaner slums anymore

I'm Mexican and I say build it.

You've been blinded by propaganda. We are far closer to world peace then you think.

Mostly true, but it's symbolically important, it will make border security easier, and the price is offset by it being a major jobs program.

>Every nation has the right to secure it's borders and should do so.
Trump's wall won't secure the border.

Hello 911?
Platonic being 11002929399 was breathing in a phallic manner to assert male privilege at me, I NEED a rape crisis center!

I've tried finding out myself and there really is no reasoning. It's just an emotional outburst

don't call our friends bad hombres, wetbacks and tell them they're paying for a wall; would be a good start

look at cuba and iran, we were this close to world peace, fucking three countries

This is actually the worst part. Mexico is a good neighbor and it took a long time to build up our relationship with them

Fucking trump made building the wall into such terrible optics for mexico which sucks. It could have easily been sold as a bilateral project for both our nations, but trump couldnt resist shitting on our allies

you're smoking crack you think democrats protect our bordres. president obama deported more illegals than anyone. the wall is a stupid fucking idea, just like gitmo was

simple, how was El Chapo getting drugs across the border you ask, fucking tunnels! if you don't think, then a wall in 2017 is enough to stop immigration, if you think at all it's a huge waste of time and money.

>symbolically important
Only to Trump. To everyone else it's a symbol of all that is evil in the USA. And the construction will create a temporary demand for short-term, low skilled labor, not long term job growth.

this mother fucker thinks he's about to get a new job

RIght totally agree. That's all atrocious behavior for a president but we should still build the wall

He might. Another positive of the wall

>NONONOONNONONONONONONONO
Don't worry your image is completely false.

> And the construction will create a temporary demand for short-term, low skilled labor, not long term job growth.
>what are economic multipliers
GL convincing china of that~

I live in Mexico and have for almost my entire life. I think a wall can help keep the bad immigrants out and keep the actual good people in, that's why people hate immigration so much, there's no control.

Get out of my room little brother!

ok. let's just be more simple. 20ft wall, 21ft ladder who wins?

American born third generation mexifag here. I am against a border wall simply because of the cost. I am all for beefing up security, tougher vetting and increased border personnel. Sure a wall sounds nice but it won't really keep illegals from crossing. More cameras, people and tech across the border is what I feel is needed. Mexicans have tunnels, those need to be found and collapsed. Those who overstay visas need to be found and deported, some which are in my own extended family. My grandfather, grandmother and their children all immigrated legally. It wasn't easy or cheap and times were shittier back then in Mexico. The main issue is illegals from all parts of the world coming on a visa then staying once it expires. Tougher regulation there is needed.

wtf are you talking about? we don't have 21,000 border patrol agents?

are we all pretending that that fucking border wall chant wasn't fucking racist propaganda?

Why though? Why is it a symbol of evil? Clearly the lunatic fringe SJWs are pushing that interpretation but that's ridiculous. Fuck them for turning non-issues into partisan warfare. A decade ago all politicians on both sides agreed that immigration control was important while still supporting high acceptance rates because we're america + economic edge. Now it's a weird litmus test and that's retarded.

As for the economic side, I disagree. Investment in blue collar work is important for the middle class, and I generally support infrastructure spending. Ideally the wall should only be part of many larger infrastructure bills. Hopefully we'll get that someday as well

like our first lady of a whore

Honestly, what jobs are illegal Mexicans taking that other people really want? Shouldn't the companies that willingly hire illegals be held accountable too?

we're serously going to forget that fucking racist sack of shit used the border wall as fucking race bait

lol

Exactly thats when they move on to the next project, We defiantly could use a new port or two for large commercial and military ship construction, our current construction ports are super backlogged.

And of course the projects promised every election that never get dealt with, roads, bridges, sewers, electrical grid.

Do you think everyone would be more onboard if the wall was visually impressive from Mexico? I think they'd like it a little more if it looked good

fuck yeah motherfucker. go back to mexico and be proud mexicans. you racist motherfucker.

this is going to be funny. a huge chunk of the border wall is mountainous regions and it even has to go through 2 lakes and along a river for most of the way. the construction on this is going to be a giant waste of money and a total nightmare.

Blue coller=/= middle class
also: low skilled workers=/= middle class
It may have been different 50 years ago, but low skilled workers have no hope of entering into the middle class on average. Also, no amount of raising the minimum wage will help to change that.

we can put tariffs on mexican imports. i don't buy mexican imports. mexicans in the us do. mexico will pay for it one way or another.

Right, real border control mostly requires spending a lot on guards etc, I support that as well. More jobs, probably many of them recently naturalized mexicans lol

The wall helps provide a infrastructure for that, and is symbolically important. We can't let the radical fringe left create a narrative that any kind of border control is racist, that's ridiculous and would have been laughed out of the public court of opinion even 10 years ago.

National sovereignty can't equal racism. Then the corporations win

20 ft wall if it has a 12 ft fence spaced 100 yards away from it with remote monitoring and a kill zone for anything that crosses inbetween.

See

Not yet. And even if they don't I don't give a fuck, the government literally pisses away hundreds of billions of dollars every year.

>Kill zone
I support immigration prevention methods, but no one is gonna be on board with mass murder as one of those methods. Sorry, bud.

Yeah we should. Americas collapsing into tribalism, and partisan warfare keeps gobbling up regions of policy that were previously non-partisan. If we allow our partisan hatred to rule us we just make bad policy decisions. That way leads to more partisan hatred and increasingly worse governmental function

I bet that This wall will barely be started the year he leaves for office, that way it's someone else's problem

you know what, let's build a fucking wall in the carribean sea to stop those fuckers in cuba from swimming over too.

mexicans don't just walk over the border, they pack into trucks and die in scorching heat hiding from border patrol.

The problem is that only tribalists are being heard and those who are even slightly reasonable are being laughed out of the public sphere.

This isn't a unified country being divided as the spoils of war. Its two separate countries with an illegal immigration problem.

OR OR OR just repeal the whole "if they get to the shores we don't send them back" bullshit.

the fucking wall is a stupid fucking idea

Murder? We'll put up signs. Then it's suicide.It would be easy, then just put automated turrets calibrated to kill anything that moves.

the point is the wall is a stupid fucking idea.

You realize the majority of illegals travel by air right? This will only be a waste of money, as well as resources and labor.

It really doesn't need to be anything more than a couple chain link fences spaced a distance from one another to create a no mans land + cameras and seismographs to prevent tunneling.

You're intentionally missing the point. The only way that could ever be passed is if we declared war on Mexico. Until that happens, Mexicans will be our friendly neighbors with a few bad apples. As much as they don't care about the poor people and criminals hopping the border, they will care about their citizens being shot en mass.

I don't get this, you're saying obama did protect our border right? Yes, I agree, obama was good about deporting illegals and controlling immigration. Also DACA is a decently constructed policy considering that he didn't control congress. Obama was pretty great all around.

But that's my point, immigration control didn't used to be a partisan issue. Democrats can be more forgiving, and Republicans can be stricter. But no party should be in favor of illegal immigration. It should be easy for everyone to agree that controlling our border is important. And the fact that SJW's have successfully framed immigration control as racism is terrible

One of the most retarded things in this modern era is a wall to stop people coming in your country.
I mean holy shit that is beyond retarded and pointless in so many different ways.
And then we're going to pay for it as well, lol, as if we could pull enough tariffs from Mexican trade to pay for that impossible monstrosity.
Jesus fucking Christ you people are mentally fucking rekt, lmfao!

The wall is a statement. of course it won't keep everyone out. It's a bold line drawn in the sand that says were not putting up with this shit anymore and yes, it will keep out many people.

That is an absurdly reductionist perspective. What do you think about SHillary supporting a fence? What is a fence if not a wall?

This and illegal immigration has been on the way down since 2007. The only thing the wall will do is waster our tax dollars

The reality of cost and terrain will defeat your wall every time.

Modern economics isn't zero sum.

America is an empire, we don't need to worry about what's in our coffers, we just need to keep the gold flowing and growing.

The same pope that has a wall around the Vatican, you dumb cunt?

THERE HAVE BEEN WALL FOR AGES STOP BEING A FUCKING RETARD
WHAT TRUMP SAID THAT HE GONNA MAKE IT MASSIVE BUT HE WONT CUS HIS JEW CUCK
AND CARE ONLY FOR HIS MONEY
MAGA GET FUCKED IN THE ASS

Raising the minimum wage is obviously bad.

Can you expand on your middle class thing? Who is the middle class in your mind. Only the bourgeois?

Yeah, the same pope that supports moving kiddie fuckers around to avoid prosecution. Anyone who trusts a person who can rise to the highest station of a religion is a dumb fuck inherently.

I think everyone's overlooking the bigger picture here. We could just take Mexico from the Mexicans and push them farther south. Let Central America deal with them.

Build a wall at a narrower point just north of Mexicos southern boarder.

Why does everyone have such a problem with us building a wall that's "better"? Don't you guys know that Mexico has its OWN wall on its southern border?

You'd spent millions of tax dollars for a fuck-useless statement? "We ain't gana put up with it no mores!" Does not do anything for the immigration problem, finding companies which hire illegals and fucking them does.

The most heavily guarded/contested border in the history of mankind still leaks 100's if not thousands of people every year and its only a 160 miles wide. The U.S. Mexico border is over 20 times that length and won't be militarized..... How the fuk is this going to work? I'm a trump voter btw.

The middle class has been shrinking drastically since before the 60's. The middle class is essentially made up of people with a decent salary at this point. A creeping poverty line and decreasing wages have made the classifications for the middle class include less and less of the population.

Forgot pic

The point was to get votes, not be realistic.

THE FUCK? HOW DARE YOU SECURE THE BORDER TO OUR COUNTRY?! LET THE DRUGS AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS COME IN FREELY YOU RACIST PIGS!

Some form of border protection in the form of a wall is necessary. I agree we should be targeting companies that hire illegals, but we should also be reforming welfare in a major way to avoid illegals stealing from systems that tax paying citizens pay into.

I think a fair amount of blue collar workers are still middle class.

In any case government contracts to do construction (for the wall for example) definitely provide a high enough salary plus benefits to classify as middle class. Not sure what your point is

That's actually the fence on the Israeli West bank, Jew.

I think we should just expand naturalization.
The point is to make illegals want to be legals, right?
Maybe solve the 3-10 year wait they have ahead of them. Hire more naturalization officers and office personal. Make more American jobs well bringing in tax paying Americans to boot.
Why is this not even an option that's being discussed?

lol but for real mexico is a good ally. I'd rather let trumps asshold remarks blow over than invade. But we can build the wall in the meantime

My point is that a significant portion of the blue collar workers do not qualify as middle class. My point was not that there are no blue collar workers in the middle class, only that blue collar=/=middle class. I think you'll find people say what they mean unless ideologically motivated to do otherwise.

the only person that made border protection a racist issue is trump. the wall is not the answer.

I am not sure what the point of a wall would be. It might make sense if Americans bred at or above replacement rate, but we don't.

Shut up goyim, you don't know what you're talking about