Thoughts on King gizzard and the lizard wizard?

Thoughts on King gizzard and the lizard wizard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P3mQn4JxkYg
youtube.com/watch?v=zokGGBuKpyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fucking shit. Just fucking awful.

Loving Sketches of Brunswick East.
It's my favorite album after NI.
Haven't listened to all of Murder of The Universe yet though.

Theyre the real deal senpai

fun, pretty good

heres the superior garage rock psych band

youtube.com/watch?v=P3mQn4JxkYg

came out same year as nonagon, too

overrated reddit trash

try spending more than five minutes on an album, maybe then you'll develop actual songwriting chops and not have to rely on gimmicks to make people think your music is valuable

Ur a faget

sure i might have been memeing a little but i mean it

i don't think that they write good songs. i think they come up with neat ideas, but that's not enough for me to believe that they make good music. their music simply isn't that memorable or well-composed beyond the gimmick

Very good, very prolific. Cover wide range of styles and genres and are great live.

DUDE
SICK
RIFFS

they're great. love flying microtonal banana, murder of the universe is cool too

Their music is fun, but everything i've heard so far (which was nonagon and microtonal banana) is basically the same shit. Sure, banana has microtonal instruments, but instead of actually working around it they pretty much just play the same fucking note for 4 minutes instead of an actual progression and put microtonal lead guitar over it. Gets old after the 5th song or so.

I've also noticed that the way they craft songs is always that the lead guitar just plays along the vocal melody. I don't know. They seem like such a quantity over quality band, but the quality isn't super terrible.

I'm not really sure how i can take this music seriously though since they obviously just write songs within an hour without carefully considering textures and structure and arrangement.

reddit tier because you faggots are trying to force the meme

Those are the two albums that are probably most alike. Try listening to the most recent release, Paper Mache Dream Balloon or Float Along Fill Your Lungs. Very different stuff. And yeah, FMB is meant to be kind of Krauty.

Nonagon, FMB and MOTU are all good, everything else is boring, including sketches.

>t everything i've heard so far (which was nonagon and microtonal banana) is basically the same shit

Holy fuck you're retarded. There are plenty of criticisms of this band, but one thing they do very consistently is change up their sound. Fuck man. Listen to Quarters or the one they dropped yesterday, Sketches of Brunswick East. Then come back and read your comment and cringe into a blackhole

I listened to their 2nd most recent, it was weird as fuck but was good

incredible

They have everything I like in a band. A little noisy, a little psychedelic, a little lo-fi, easy to get lost into.

But I think they're absolute trash, and I'm not sure what it is. I liked their latest album with Mild High Club, but I have to give it another spin.

Personally I hold them to be my new favorite. I watched their video for "Han Tyumi & The murder of the universe" whilst stoned as shit. My judgement was clouded, but I loved it. Figured I'd give it a try and gradually listened through MOTU, and was loving every minute and feeling conveyed. Can't explain why though. Listened to Nonagon and now their new one, as well as some songs from older albums. Can't say what it is that makes them so fantastic but the feelings, the style, the method and the instrumentalism used is just incredible imho.

Idk. I might be pleb for it, but atleast I'm a pleb that's found a new band to love.

LISTEN UP

DUDE SICK COMEBACK

HAHAHA NICE DUDE I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE MARIJUANA WHILE YOU LISTENED TO THESE EPIC RIFFS FROM THE BOYS

HAHA NICE Sup ForumsRO, YOU SURE SHOWED HIM WHAT A FAGGOT HE IS FOR HIS RECREATIONAL DRUG USE!!!1! YLYL THREAD BANANA :DDDDDD

Sketches has quickly become one of my new favorite albums. The other day I was walking through a part of town with all these really cool houses while listening to it and I felt like it was the perfect atmosphere for it. The mixing on sketches is so much better than MotU. As much as I loved that album it sounded very muddled whereas with sketches I feel like you can hear every small detail so clearly.

continue my legacy, my sons

Loving them at the moment. It's been a long time since we've had a good band that just creates music because it's fun, and King Gizz seems to fill that void perfectly

>The other day
IT'S BEEN OUT FOR BARELY TWO DAYS

>mfw rolling stoned is a reworked version of the ending of the chat

>mfw i finally fooled around with a girl with God is in the Rhythm and Her & I (Slow Jam II) playing in the background

Yes father.

>derivative and generic psych album that sounds like anything from the 60s
>superior

at least king gizzard actually tries to experiment with their sound (even if it doesn't work half the time)

Wow this is a bad bait

Listening to Brunswick East right now.

Damn.

Really into them right now. Love how they explore different styles on each project. I'm In Your Mind Fuzz is probably my favorite

Thee Oh Sees are much better and where they get most of their sound from. Not that King Jizz are bad though

I've never understood the comparison. Can I get some examples where king gizz copied thee oh sees?

There first handful of releases (basically anything pre Float on) were all garage/surf rock
youtube.com/watch?v=zokGGBuKpyw

I haven't listened to enough of their early release or Thee oh Sees to really compare them, so it may just shitpostsers saying same genre = copied

I can't help but feel a genuine sense of fun while listening to them. I'm not that big of a fan of psychedelic rock, but I feel they've got something more than DUDE SICK RIFFS LMAO. Probably has to do with how they're essentially a garage rock band and that means they can do crazy stuff like an album that loops onto itself or microtonal tuning.

I like Nonagon Infinity but I'm not feeling Banana. Is there something I'm missing? Rattlesnake is a boring song.

it takes heavily from krautrock, so more repitive grooves then sick riffs

this but not even memeing in the slightest bit. this band oozes reddit why does everyone like them here?

Because tastes in music don't always reflect community standards and you're a faggot for trying to conform instead of embracing the kind of shit you're into?

king gizzard never tries to experiment they are and always have been an oh sees clone