Are you a pleb if you use a guitar pick?

are you a pleb if you use a guitar pick?
I don't play so I don't know

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QD6NaHforRQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

No. It's all about what sound and feel you're going for. Both picking and fingerpicking have their moments.

There are various styles of playing the guitar and they sound different. If you want single notes to be heard really well and to single them out, you'll always use a pick. Other just prefer to fingerpick or some of the so g passages require being able to use your whole hand. Therefore, the most patrician style of playing is hybrid technique where you combine the two of those (see: Albert Lee)

No. Being a pleb would be gatekeeping what constitutes a player

Not pleb exactly but if your fingers don't already have calluses before playing then you are probably a bit baby.

no but ur a pleb for asking such a dumb question :D

without a pick its nearly impossible to trem pick or do pinch harmonics so no and anyone who says that you're a pleb for using a pick needs to be euthanized and probably plays bass

fuck you

Depends on the style you're playing, but overall no. Bass players usually get shit for using a pick though. Even though some amazing bass players use picks. Once again it just depends on the sound/style you are going for.

damn

Pretty much.

t. Mark Knopfler

Electric is pointlessly hard without a pick

This and using a capo.

Jeff Beck

god dammit

you got me

fug

oh no i have to reply

wew

No, I'm decent at fingerpicking but I actually can't use a pick without it falling out of my fucking hand after thirty seconds. I don't know whats wrong with me :(

damn

>he doesn't Chet hybrid style

trem picking and pinch harmonics are both edgy techniques for 13 year olds tho

You're a pleb for playing the guitar.

now that's what i call a good post :thumbs_up:

saved you mom

ebic

Playing with a pick is easy mode. Fingerstyle is the only want to make guitar challenging.

No, in some ways it is harder. For strumming, as a beginner I find playing with thumb for downward and index finger for up strums far more forgiving than the plectrum. Doing that it's not so noticeable if your finger is slightly too far from the fret and it's easier to play fast with decent up strums. Playing with a plectrum is also too damn loud living in a flat, even with the ultra thin nylon plectrums.

I suppose you've never listened to flamenco guitar players.
youtu.be/QD6NaHforRQ

I didn't know Al Di Meola and countless jazz players did it the easy way. Thanks for opening my eyes.

If you play bass with a pick and aren't really amazing at it, yeah. Fingerpicked bass is the real deal, there are great pick bassists like Carol Kaye but a lot of people just do it because a) guitar is their main instrument and they're used to it or b) they don't want to put in the time to get good calluses on their right hand

>hurr you can't use pick with the bass

whoever says shit like this is the real fucking pleb