Does anybody else own multiple records but not a record player?

Does anybody else own multiple records but not a record player?

I don't even know why I bought the DAMN. and King Gizzard records to be honest, but as soon as I noticed the ITCOTCK record and saw that it was an original 1969 printing from the UK, I knew I had to get it.

I don't want to get the LP-60, and I'm just waiting until the LP-120 is worth the purchase.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/41vk6r/recently_got_into_vinylshow_do_i_spot_a/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>as soon as I noticed the ITCOTCK record and saw that it was an original 1969 printing from the UK
Why do people care so much about this?
It doesn't make it worth much more unless it was pressed in very limited quantities.

Basically you're just a cunt pretty much

For me, it's my favorite album of all time, and to be able to own a proper original pressing is pretty cool I reckon. I get to own a piece of music history, something that's existed for 48 years and made its way through multiple countries (I found my copy in Tokyo), and now it's in my hands.

i buy them here and there if i really - really - like an album. while i do own a record player i've never used it.

>I don't even know why I bought the DAMN. and King Gizzard records to be honest
Because you spend too much time around here

>Damn

FUCK YOU

KILL YOURSELF, FILTHY PLEB

they often sound better, if they're clean

go get a used technics or something

I mean, you're betting off buying vinyl and not playing them at all until you get something good than you are buying a POS Crosley and playing them. It's still kinda goofy, though.

Can't vouch for Damn, but buying Flying Microtonal Banana is a solid choice in my opinion. Anything King Gizzard puts out deserves the splurge of physical media; the vinyls are just so well produced (assuming you got a coloured variant). I own a player myself but hey, it's a fun hobby and has the added benefit of impressing people. Kida costly but keep it up man. Buy the occasional LP here and there, when something really catches your eye, and it'll make your first play-throughs so much better when you finally get a turntable. Good on you, man.

i buy them with out owning one because I would like to buy a record player but the thrift always has bullshit broken ones

I buy CDs instead, and rip them to FLAC files.

you're a retard who likes collecting rare pokemons

Yeah I've got the colored vinyl. I wish I got a copy of Nonagon Infinity.

bump

Yes but i can't afford the record play i want.

What? Original pressing of kc? Nigga, it's got to be like 700-800 bucks as of now.

Enjoy your clipping faggot

Well, everything that's visually present on my copy matches up with what discogs says is an original pressing of ITCOTCK from the UK.

How much did you spend? photo of serial number, if it's possible.

I bought it from the store for the equivalent of ~$100 AUD, which yeah is probably really cheap for what might be an original pressing of this album.

I'm pretty sure everyone who collects at some point had records but no turntable.

noice. And it's nm/ex+, judging by the photo.

>nm/ex+

What does that mean?

I always thought that it's sort of silly to buy turntable not having a little collection of 10-15 lp's.

yup, my turntable broke and havent felt like getting another one
i have blonde on vinyl but it has never been played

Not him, but I know nm is near mint. ex is probably exceptional

Exactly

Means that vinyl is in "near mint" condition and the sleeve is "excellent +".
Read something on the topic if you are considering collecting further.

Clipping has nothing to do with the physical media

yes but only because the local classical radio station offloaded a bunch of recordings at a goodwill and it was impossible to pass off that opportunity

Ah I see, that's pretty cool. Yeah I'm hoping to collect some other classics in the future.
When I was in the record store in Tokyo I was deciding on whether to buy ITCOTCK or Blackstar. I guess I made the right choice.

Yes, you did. Just wait another 10-20 years and you'll be able to afford a small journey by selling this pressing. And a little advice: control your feelings once you are in a store. I know how hard they are to subdue at the start, but take your time and do some cratedigging and exploring local stores. Don't buy things you will regret of buying. Get your favourites first even if will take time to ship them. If you did not find anything you want in a store, don't buy second-priority articles from your list. Visit another store or save money for something rare. It's all about money management. Once I spent so much money on records that I had to eat one time a day.

>ex+
>non-Goldmine grading system
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Doesn't own a turntable, owns vinyl
>refers to the album as ITCOTCK
Fuck, you're the reason there is so much hatred in the world

What's wrong with ITCOTCK?

I own a record player but I can't remember the last time I actually played something on it. I probably buy 15+ records a month.

This thread disgusts me, what is the mentality of a person that buys vinyls without having anything to play them? You guys are seeing music as accessory, fuck this thread.

Never got that. If you change something, there have to be advantages. Goldmine lacks it. Or I am simply stupid to conceive.

Why buy a budget turntable when you can check the internet classifieds and buy an exceptional old turntable from back when A/V equipment wasn't a big joke? Surely you can find a Marantz or Technics for 100-150

I got a tt, and probably around 100 records, the majority are used old pressings with dirt in them that smell. The GOOD shit. How can people fathom spending 50 or 60 bucks on a new record when you can get a perfectly fine copy for 10?

This

What's the point of buying turntable without any lps. You simply made a stupid conclusion for yourself. Approaches differ.

So he could kill his lp's with 5-6 gram pressure? He is a novice and therefore easily deceived.

>original 1969 printing from the UK at a random record store
You got a fake one OP, sorry

How did you figure that out? Price is a bit fishy but there got to be something else.

Are you really that naive that you think they wouldn't fake a fucking King Crimson original recording?
People who actually own a KC recording know better and sell it for more.

By a record player you massive faggot

OP here, I'm not the guy you replied to.

But anyways, the sleeve which has the cover on it looks and smells super old, and also has the code ILPS-9111 on it. I don't know, looks pretty legit to me.

It was the only vinyl version of ITCOTCK that I could find in the entire store.

reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/41vk6r/recently_got_into_vinylshow_do_i_spot_a/

>bitching about tracking pressure, antiskate, tonearm adjustments

nigger all those old records from back in the day were played on portable suitcase turntables and piece of shit god knows what and they still sound great. Vinyl records arent so fragile that they'll break down with playing them on a decent record player with a moving magnetic cart.

Oh also, the store I was in lets you listen to the record on their turntable so you can test out the quality before you purchase. I listened to the 21st Century Schizoid Man and The Court of the Crimson King, and it sounded really good.

Yo, I ain't bitching, just warning about possible consequences. I myself remember how shity my disintegration lps became after 100 plays on some jap 80-s turntable.

Well, 50 on both lps. You get my point.

Is the ATLP120 really a damaging turntable?

Not at all. I have one. I reacted to the "exceptional old turntable". Since op is not experienced enough, he might be duped. Old=used, you know.

Fuck, I meant =\=.

The catalog number doesn't mean a whole lot. It's better to check what the label looks like and what the deadwax says. The picture you posted of the solid pink label shows you have an original, since they switched to the palm tree label shortly after. The people crying bootleg are just jelly by the way.

Yeah I don't think I am trust myself with using an older turntable in case I fuck something up. I think I'll wait until being able to afford the 120 is worth it.

I noticed that there's the same code etched (?) into the wax in a really small font. And there's also some numbers after it but I've packed it away and am in bed right now so I can't be bothered checking.

It's fake user, sorry.