Which of the following two is more socially acceptable for going out alone...

Which of the following two is more socially acceptable for going out alone? Please keep in mind I am only going there to eat a full meal, not to pick up women, drink, or to watch the game.

>sit at the bar and order dinner, not drinks

or

>sit at a table all by myself

I'm talking about a sit down restaurant like Texas Roadhouse, Outback, and so forth.

Also, would you choose any differently if it were a sushi restaurant?

Nah, they have those bar areas with TVs for a reason. Go in, eat, peace out.
I prefer going to the movies alone, such a good experience

If the bars got decent stools, that's where I'd be - table at the window otherwise

lol more

just do what you want?

I want to, but in order to be comfortable and enjoy my meal I need to know which is more socially acceptable.

>socially acceptable
Do you intend on being social with the staff? If not it literally does not matter at all. There is no difference unless you have ulterior motives like trying to bang a waitress.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE

Except, maybe, the Bar might get you your food faster.
You must have an ulterior motive. I can't imagine being so cripplingly socially inept that eating alone is an issue. I feel bad for OP. Sorry. Bumming myself out, here.

Not op

Everytime i go to the movies alone, ppl either dont feel comfortable around me and move somewhere else or look at me funny

fuck the shitty question of OP
post more such photos, what a whore

Just go to the bar. Plus you get your drinks faster too. Sitting at a table by yourself reeks of foreveralone.jpg

maybe you're just ugly

It's not that I'm socially inept, a series of choices and events have led to my having to go to various restaurants alone, and I just wanna know what is the norm for a single guy just looking to eat. There's no fancy conspiracy here friend I assure you.

Just get a table. No one cares what you do, but sitting at the bar is a social invitation

Never sit at a table alone, unless breakfast or lunch.

Leave tables for parties of two or more, and sit your happy ass at the bar and be sociable. Everyone in the universe, from you, for having ppl to talk to, to your waiter, who will not have you taking up a table for 45 min to make a $3 tip, to the people standing at the door waiting to sit at the table you're taking up, will appreciate you more and look forward to seeing you again.

Or you can be a selfish piece of shit like a /beard, Californian, or New Yorker, and just say fuck everybody everywhere, I have money, now everybody owes me everything.

You can eat in peace, or politely chat up a bartender and leave at any time, and they do not mind one bit.

looks like Katie is jealous of those tits and the attention they bring. or more likely it's not Katie posting?

meh i dunno, if i see a stranger eating at a fancy place alone it just might as well mean he is just a business man passing through or whatever

This.

Whichever has more openings. If the bar is full, grab a table, enjoy your dinner, and leave a nice tip. If it's 4:45pm and the restaurant is about to explode, and there are seats at the bar, grab one, bc everyone at the bar with you will only be there waiting for their tables. Just don't hog the space like some kind of prick, on your phone, while people are waiting. Pretend you're Scandinavian, or from the upper Midwest or canada, and be considerate of others. That's all you've ever really got to do. ...that's all anyone ever really has to do for society to function.

OPs pic is a fake. The chick is famous big natural titty model tessa fowler. call in sick for work tomorrow, search her name, and enjoy. You are welcome

>I just wanna know what is the norm for a single guy just looking to eat
>not that I'm socially inept
pick one faggot. you're hungry, go eat. there's no two ways about it.

Yeah Katies gonna shit brix when she sees what her annoyed boyfriend did after he found what they got up to while he was stuck at home with the kids.

this guy knows. lets go have a beer, user.

I did not intend to deceive anyone. I needed a good attention getter for my stupid thread

Or just behave like a total animal, and shove people out of the way and root around in the trash for a half-eaten cheese sandwich like this user.

Table. always tip well

Stop paying attention to NPCs. They're nobody when you get home.

i wasnt blaming you. i was just letting everyone that liked those tits know that there are hundreds of pics and vids of her online. no hardcore, tho. Im fine with softcore when the tits are that awesome

You're a good man

From experience, sitting at a bar is a better option. You get a better POV of hot waitresses and the single sloots that are ready for attention. Don't be a fag and worry about what others think. Also sitting at a table you're more likely to be sat next to a crying infant or spoiled brats that will definitely ruin a meal.

Sit at the bar like a normal fucking degenerate. I do this alone quite often. Sit down, order a drink and they will give you a menu. Eat and leave... maybe have some small talk in the process.

Perfectly socially acceptable.

Dont you have any friends/family that will go with you so you don't have to be alone?

My uncle is basically like my big old goofy brother, any time I want to go out and eat but dont wanna be alone, we go together and have fun with it.
Do other patrons think we're a gay couple for sitting at a table together? Maybe, but so what?

tl;dr bring a bro

>if you don't fret about going out to eat by yourself you are a total animal

This. They're meaningless.

Sit at bar and order meal. Unless it's busy the bartender is getting the tip out of that otherwise empty seat so they won't mind and it'll give you somebody to talk to. By sitting at a table you're taking up 4 people's space for 1 and it'll piss off the server and make you look weird

I just sit where there is place to seat, preferably not having to look at any motherfucker. Have had people staring at me eating before, dunno if they would like my meal or just staring. I'm a guy

If you are going to sit at a table you need to tip well and not linger after your meal. the waiter needs the table back for their next tip. If you you can follow those two rules, then bring your laptop. since you seemed concerned with what strangers think of you a laptop will make it look like you are in town for work. most businessmen travel alone and room service gets old. cabin fever is real

i usually sit at a booth or small table when i go alone to restaurants. i love seafood but my chick hates it, so every now and again ill eat alone if im craving it. just enjoy your food and enjoy your time user

Aww whats the matter? Won't your boyfriend go to dinner with you anymore?

He's mad at me for not picking him up at the airport

>Never sit at a table alone, unless breakfast or lunch.
>because that applies to me

>NPC's

Holy shit this guy gets it.

No, because those are meals that take place during non-peak hours in a restaurant, and that's why restaurants have less formal lunch and breakfast menus and charge less for them, and cater to single tables.

Bartender.
Sit at the bar alone. No one really gives a shit about you as bad as that sounds. No one is looking at you or judging just have your food some cocktails&bail serious stop overthinking this. No one cares