Thinking of buying some 12 year old scotch. Does it live up to the hype?

Thinking of buying some 12 year old scotch. Does it live up to the hype?

let her buy her own scotch you pedophile

fpbp

don't worry fàm I got you in the screencap

Yeah, there will be taste difference. Black lable for example has a strong smoky flavor. After you drink that, red lable will feel watered down.

i drink this all the time only cause i find it at every bar and party i go to. Yea its a good started scotch, when you start appreciating the taste of scotch you will move on to better things. Also get a bottle of double black.

pic unrelated

Awesome

if you're going to buy real scotch. Macallan is a safe bet.

single malt or its not worth it

Mainstream Scotch is shit.
Do some deep digging around a good liquor store, and it's worth it when you find the extra rich stuff.

>Thinking of buying some 12 year old scotch.
>buying some 12 year old scotch.
>some 12 year old

If you're risking jail it should probably be a 12 year old that you know, not just some 12 year old.

How about you stop calling it scotch idiot. Only fucking faggot yanks call it that. It's whisky asshole. Fuck

>whisky
that's "i" as in bosom, right?

So wrong lmao

Holysjit yea it does best shit ive ever hass

Huh... wut?

The single life is all i know enlighten me booze master

>t.not a true Scotsman

underage b&

Just some background before I get hate, I work for the biggest alcohol distributor in the world, our biggest supplier owns most of the worlds scotch, of the 100 or so distilleries in Scotland they own 28, the runner up owns 4. Blended scotches are much better than single malts because they are crafter for consistency year in and year out using different whiskers to get a brands signature taste and style. Single malts are inconsistent and you are not able to blend out overpowering or underwhelming characteristics and flavors. Blended is the way to go usually, though there are great single malts, blended is the standard. Johnnie Walker made it happen

Take a Scot's tip: ur a peg-legged, butt-fucking southern diaper pale of fresh shit in an asshat. Thus, accordingly, fuck a shoe, you backwards-walking, inbred, toothless cesspool of excessive chromosomes. Scotch.

B+ starter scotch.

blown the fuck out

No shit we call it scotch you retard, there's Japanese whiskey, NAW(North American, Canadian, Bourbon, Rye... That's how you differentiate that shit.

No. buy southern comfort or jeremiah weeds instead.

"the hype" ... this thread doesnt live up to shit , you are shit op

Eat a shit burger with shit fries between trap buns

Red label was made specifically to be used as a scotch mixer, black label is the original product of Johnnie walker, that's why it's more bold straight up.

Promise you I am. Dunno how I could prove it tho

Why don't you buy some single malt instead?

Read above.

No it's blended so it's inconsistent as fuck. Scapa is the best, google it.

Jesus man. That's just nonsense

"scotch mixer" ... like girls with dicks

Everclear is good if you're on a budget.

Whisky come from Scotland. Anything else is not a true whisky. Google it

Fuck off Diagio shill.

im told glenfiddich 12 year old and glenlivet 12 year old are good beginner scotches nothing great but nothing bad about them

Yes, after 12 years in an oak barrel, scotch is almost passable as a mediocre bourbon aged 3 years in the same oak barrel.

Basically.. red is for plebs.. black, Gold(the discontinued one not the gold reserve) and blue are the only ones I'll drink. The ones above blue I've only had once when I got my brother a bottle for his wedding, Johnnie Walker Oddessey is amazing

Lol. Diageo pays the bills

Just bought some 21 year old glenlivet and I'd say yeah it does live up to the hype

Got quite the evening there, user.

Too perfect to be true- has to be planted

what about glengarry glen ross?

Listen mate, if you're going to buy scotch at least buy the best scotch

THIS

I'm Scottish and a big whisky drinker and I'd never heard of it. I'll keep an eye out for it and give it a try.

But aside from this, Ardbeg is my Go to. Too instense for most scotch drinkers but you can't go back to anything else if you like it.

Do you like scotch? If not then no, it doesn't matter how old it is it will always taste like shit. If yes, go for it. Johnny Black is pretty good.

The 18 or signet are both way better

Vicious, but true.

Get your hands on some Weller 12 year. Shit is amazing. Still kicking myself for not stocking up a few years back.

Underrated post

You're ass backwards on this

Nectar d'or, and signet are good

you're not funny and should kill yourself

Some Orphan Barrel Rhetoric. Amazing stuff

Only if you're buying from the scottish islays, because they knoe what they're doing when it comes to aging.
I've never had a better whisky. Ardbeg is top tier

Nectar is good but I'd prefer even the La Santa over it. Not my cup of tea

I got a glenfiddich 12 and is to fucking close to red label. It's just meh.

Ardbeg has too much peat for the regular scotch consumer. The new Ardbeg An Oh is going to bridge that gap, it's a lighter style but still has that Ardbeg signature taste.

I find lasanta abit too harsh

Anything under 18 becomes "meh" pretty fast

Just taste any blended scotch, it's obviously inferior. Johnny Walker is overpriced swill.

I like the sherry flavors it absorbs.

no idea for scotch reviews i mostly read scotchnoob and for video reviews i watch ralfydotcom on youtube

just buy the red label

mods

What would you recommend when looking for something fruity, berry tasting?

The d'or has nice citrus notes

maximum kek

You can't compare a single malt to a high volume blended like Johnnie black.. they aren't even in the same price category.. single malts have their grace, but for the past 5-10 years roughly it's successful only because of marketing.. and hipsters. Can't forget about hipsters.

I am

Glenkinchie 12yo
Balvenie 12yo
Oban 14yo
Ardbeg 10yo

Best starter bottles by region. I like Islay whisky, Lagavulin 16 is my go to. Probably have about £5000 worth in my drink cabinet.

My father gave my brother an I a tiny bottle to share, he knows I like whiskey and that my brother just likes drinking. This is the first scotch I've had, and I had it how I normally have my whiskey, two fingers neat. As I'm sipping on that, I see my brother pour the rest into a glass, shoot it all back, and use Arizona watermelon iced tea as a chaser. I cringed, but I probably seemed like a hipster faggot for having a glass of scotch at the age of 20

Not scotch lol.. maybe a cognac. Think of it a high alcohol, matured wine, you'll get a smooth warm finish with all those berry flavors. treat yourself to a VSOP. Henny or Covasier

Whats up Skippy, John Podesta?

i own ardbeg but havent tried it yet. i really enjoyed oban 14 when i tried it still plan on trying those other two

This guy knows

B8

Nah bro. It's the truth

YTMND, Thanks.

i heard old pultney 12 year old highland park 12 year old and caol ila 12 year old are good beginner scotches

B8

> 2017
> Not drinking Blue Label
> You only live once user

If you're going to drink daily may I suggest red wine? Mengae a trois is a nice start.

>tfw the isles are one of the most inbred populations out there
>tfw they were procreating their own siblings for centuries

I mean, at least the pioneers had the excuse of having no options because the next group of people were a 3 week carriage ride away.

Menage is trash

Bruichladdich do some great whisky just now. I love the Octomore series, peated to the point of burning your eyes when you nose the glass. 60% and £100 a bottle so not for an everyday nip.

I don't have sex with animals and Johnny blue is overrated

Whatever

I wouldn't say that.

You should start, also

> Johnny blue is overrated

Go drink some more Courvoisier you uncultured swine.

Aye, all good choices as well. Really drinkable. I've always got a bottle of Highland Park in the cabinet for visitors.

I have an AR-15 in the cabinet for "visitors"

Fuck yes, Ardbeg. So good.

i can get behind this

Menage a Trois is surprisingly not bad for being so cheap and available.

I'm betting you don't entertain much.

I've only got shotguns. Fully registered of course.

While you're wondering how your b8 failed, I'll be drinking a nice glass of Tullamore Dew, Irish whiskey

Yeah well I'm Scottish and bored of whisky so sitting smashing a bottle of captain morgans spiced with Diet Coke. Ironic ain't it.

a buddy & I both broke are saving up for a 16 year lagavulin right now. Hes had it I havent. He says its fucking amazing.