Marco Huck vs Mairis Briedis

>April 8th - BoxNation UK
Terry Flanagan vs Petr Petrov
Liam Smith vs Liam Williams
Lomachenko vs Jason Sosa

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=alo3KFRfLvE
bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/39224391
espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/18868583/world-boxing-super-series-tournament-offer-50-million-prize-money
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Six_World_Boxing_Classic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prizefighter_series
espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/17517865/roman-gonzalez-wins-slugfest-carlos-cuadras-becomes-4-weight-champ
esnewsreporting.com/roman-gonzalez-vs-carlos-cuadras-ticket-info/
twitter.com/danrafaelespn/status/774523855872360448
instagram.com/tawnyjordan/
youtube.com/watch?v=Qd98c1RjaYE
boxrec.com/show/741590
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>95k PPV buys

lmao bumlovkin!

Last 2 digits of my post is how many PPV's Lil G sells.

CORONA

Ppv will die soon for boxing. They cannot compete with the ufc. Even shit cards sell more than kov vs ward. Time to move to another business model.

95k is pretty optimistic, Tbh

That's what PBC is doing, Thurman vs Garcia peaked at 5.1 million viewers on CBS. PPV is still the best platform for mega fights though, it was only 2 years ago Mayweather vs Pacquiao did nearly 5 million buys and in the UK PPV is growing stronger, Haye vs Bellew just did great numbers which shows it comes down to the quality of the fights and how well they appeal to the mainstream.

it's time to stop paying boxers millions for every fight

>KeAndrae

What the fuck is wrong with Americans?

The price in America is absurd. I resent even paying £20 for a good fight like Joshua vs Klitschko

youtube.com/watch?v=alo3KFRfLvE

>'user...we've had a lot of shitposting from you recently. A lot of emotions running high....talk us through it. Is the autism affecting you for this camp?

Supply and demand, most of them don't make millions per fight and the ones that do justify it. Golovkin has always been a shitty draw.

The cable provider takes 50% that's why the prices are such a joke

>Gennady Golovkin vs Daniel Jacobs
>Roman Gonzalez vs Sor Rungvisai
>Marco Huck vs Mairis Briedis
>Liam Smith vs Liam Williams

Four guaranteed wars

Who R U Picking?

I think it's typically 45% for the cable provider and then another 10% for the distribution network. HBO and Showtime would love nothing more than to get away from PPV because there's not much money in it for them, but promoters force them to because they can put on their own shows like Top Rank has done a few times already.

The premium channels are also kept afloat to bloat gigantic package deals you have to purchase if you want cable. TV is a shady business.

World Boxing Super Series: New $50m event to 'change boxing world' - organisers
bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/39224391
espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/18868583/world-boxing-super-series-tournament-offer-50-million-prize-money

Will this work?

Question for the brits...

How much do the fighters get paid for the regular matchroom and Warren fight nights?

I mean they seem to have deep cards, with like 8-10 fights and often a world title fight with a few minor titles. They attract maybe like 10k attendance.

Im curious what the purses for these fight nights are.

Jacobs
Gonzalez
Huck
Williams

mite b cool

Depends what weightclasses though

Some sort of proper tournament would be great in a stacked weightclass (like welterweight)

Was discussed a lot a couple of threads ago. I'm interested, I think they need a couple of big names to be a commercial success. It's basically prizefighter on a bigger scale.

Golovkin to KO Jacobs within 7 rounds
Chocolatito by UD
Huck by SD
Smith/Williams Majority Draw

GGG,Choc,Briedis and I guess... Smith?

Read about this the other day. Depends what the goal is. Have they announced any weight classes or additional information yet?

Reminds me of the Super Six Classic that was a pretty slow burner due to pull-outs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Six_World_Boxing_Classic

The boxing boards need to sort themselves out in regard to titles and champions, not make it even more confusing to casuals

>Americans
*African-Americans.
Learn the difference, lad. It could save your life

Blacks aren't considered Americans

super-welterweight would be perfect

Jermell Charlo v Erislandy Lara
Demetrius Andrade v Smith or Williams
Erickson Lubin v Jarrett Hurd
Kanat Islam v Austin Trout

Super welterweight and Cruiserweight were the 2 divisions they're looking at but nothing decided. Super six took 2 years and was a mess with group stages and pull outs, the structure is more like matchroom's prizefighter quarter final to final 3 fights but spread out over 7 months rather than one night.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prizefighter_series

They said they want champions involved and it will be held in Las Vegas, New York and Europe. It has potential, I think it all depends on who they can persuade to sign up for it.

>Cruiserweight
Really don't need Richard Schaefer and Sauerland fucking up the best division in boxing.

Thinking of subscribing to BoxNation. Anybody here a subscriber? Their platform looks pretty solid. In addition to the live fights they broadcast nothing but boxing and box related news 24/7. Is it worth it lads?

Why is roman Gonzalez fighting cuadras left over? What a bum...

What's this bitch Instagram?

he wants cherry-pick opponents now

P4P my ass

>The same goes with modern boxers today: Pacquiao, Mayweather- they're pitiful, I could have beaten all of them
Is he right, /box/?

GGG's draws are pretty good on premium cable (HBO) and attendance wise. It's just that his PPV is bad.

It doesn't help that his opponents want exorbitant amounts of money because it's danger pay for fighting him.

if they never fight we'll never know

It happens in every sport, old legends say bullshit like that but in reality is pure guess or just banter

I remember Eddie Hearn talking to an American fighter who's undefeated and he said "$25k" to him during a post-fight interview. In the UK they don't generally release purses, so it's really tough to know for stuff like the undercards and shit.

>Move up to 115
>Fight the #2 guy in his home with no tuneups
>Have him foul you all night, slapping you with the inside of the gloves
>Beat his ass and get the belt that he """won""" with a technical decision.
>Tell him "fuck you pay me" when he asks for a rematch.
>Have him crying about facial damage like it's a scoring criteria.
>Fight the guy that HE DUCKED to rematch right after.
>Estrada still begging for a fight and following you like a loyal bitch.

Why is GOATcolatito such a G?

GGG vs Jacobs won't be a war, it'll be a fucking beatdown.
I'm on the kazakh by complete outboxing to an 6th round KO at the very latest.

Yeah it's a shame he's still so unheard of, the guy always shows up and every fight is a great show for the fans.
I think if he KO'd Canelo he'd be a superstar.
Might be the Kazakh thing too, not too many of those boys buying PPVs

/box/ shits on him unless he fights the number one contender every two months for pennies. Dude deserves a fucking payday

he deserves a payday when he can put asses in seats

how much did he ask for estrada again? $2M?

CORONA

Yet you faggots defend ggg wanting more money against canelo

I actually don't, but I get what you mean.

how do we even know thats why the fight isnt happening? theyve shown no real intent since vacating the jeWBC belt

nah, i've been saying the same shit about GGG too

Who's ready to see GGG go down for the 1st time?
Jacobs will land the 1st bomb.

>how do we even know thats why the fight isnt happening?
Low IQ faggots are born dumb and can't understand why you don't sign for a September fight in January. Especially when the other side has done nothing but bullshit, vacate belts and duck.
In a nutshell, they are dumb

Predictably, you'll be the first bitch on here calling Jacobs a bum when he gets knocked out.

>tfw converted from /heem/ to /box/

Do you guys thinks Buffalo Wild Wings will show the golovkin fight on saturday?

GGG actually headlines shows you shithead. Cucklatito has been an undercard fighter all his career and fighting on choppy streams in Japan. Fuck off.

This is prizefighting not charity. A flat fee is bullshit and everybody knows it. Canelo can get fucked.

just find a stream at home and get /cozy/

>tfw im going to my gfs house and she has no internet

mma does get rather plain doesnt it? idk why but it feels that way.

No, golovkin is unknown and canelo is a name most people know. canelo will make absurd amounts of money fighting cans because he's a star. Golovkin is the fucking b-side, he should take less money, most likely win, then have leverage for a rematch.

Golovkin was unknown when he fought Proszka like 4 years ago. He's pretty well known now. Canelo has more hype behind him but that doesn't mean GGG should take a flat fee in a huge money fight like this. Canelo's just scared, Idgaf what he and his fag promoter say. They won't be able to milk fans for much longer. Even Mexicans are sick of his shit. And his drawing power is totally inflated. When he's not fighting Cotto or Floyd, his numbers are not much better than Golovkins.

I believe him, cast iron chin and ridiculous inside game

>no internet

is such a thing even possible?

dump her till she gets fttp.

>throwing an uppercut from that range with zero defense
>women boxers

Didn't Chocolatito headline in his Cuadras fight?

GGG or Jacobs, lads?

GGG

Knocking someone out must be a really great feeling

I think it was because GGG was fighting in England wasn't it?

>I think it was because GGG was fighting in England wasn't it?
???

loma vs flanagan, who wins

The Manc-iac

On TV, he was shown with GGG, but he was fighting in a venue elsewhere headlining that.

Not sure about the attendance numbers, or the ticket prices.

>first time sparring with friend
>forget everything i learned and got hit with combo's everywhere
Landed two cheeky overhand rights on his chin though

Attendance 6714 at "The forum"
espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/17517865/roman-gonzalez-wins-slugfest-carlos-cuadras-becomes-4-weight-champ

Tickets ranging from 25 to 300$
esnewsreporting.com/roman-gonzalez-vs-carlos-cuadras-ticket-info/

Perfect to put anyone to sleep, Charlo aside those fights would be pure boring as fuck AIDS. Would prefer super flyweight or cruiser.

>black """""fighters"""""
are there any current blacks outside of HW with an exciting style?

>blacks in hw having exciting style
Anybody got that webm of wilder doing the windmill 'n pray

Being exciting doesn't necessarily equate to being skilled, although I was more referring to AJ than Wilder.

Errol Spence, Yunier Dorticos, Shawn Porter, Timothy Bradley, Gervonta Davis

This has just given me the inspiration to create a collage of Wilder windmilling cunts to death. He certainly did in the Audley fight.

>Timothy Bradley
>Shawn Porter
>exciting
I don't think so.
I remember watching Spence in the amatuers (where he just lost out against Serik Sapiyev) and he did pretty well, but I haven't seen any of this pro fights outside of Van Heelden(sp?). I haven't seen Dorticos or Gervonta enough to comment on them.

t. Never seen Bradley vs Provodnikov

I have--infact I included it on my spicy list, but Bradley isn't an incredibly exciting fighter.

So let's say the average ticket price is $150 (not likely, since a bulk of the tickets would be towards the low end), the total gate is $1M. We're not even factoring in the expenses or his opponent's purse or the undercard's purses. He still has a long way to go before demanding $1M per fight.

:(

People just don't care about manlets, even if they're 4 division world champions.

Even though I want Choc to get paid for the action he provides I agree, it probably makes no sense logistically.

I have seen articles saying that Cuadras also wants around the same as Choc 800K-1M.

They got paid 400.000 and 250.000 twitter.com/danrafaelespn/status/774523855872360448

Well, I suppose the achievement of quadruple champion is somewhat diminished when you only need to win one of the 4 belts in each weigtclass.

instagram.com/tawnyjordan/

>They got paid 400.000 and 250.000 twitter.com/danrafaelespn/status/774523855872360448

They could easily afford to double that considering a ~$1m live gate and ~$1m television licensing fee

Yeah I get my money's worth. The majority of the time it's just reruns of old fights (not even great ones), but there's enough new content over the course of a month to justify £10

Pretty much the only channels I ever watch are BoxNation, Sky Sports and Dave. I wish I could get rid of the others

And when every weight class is separated by 0.25 pounds.

PBC Boxing tomorrow night on FS1. Sergiy
Derevyanchenko vs Kemahl
Russell

youtube.com/watch?v=Qd98c1RjaYE

Cool, I like Derevyanchenko. Sort of has that Loma/Usyk/Gvozdyk style, though not as good

I'd like to see him face Aleem

PBC on Bounce Friday March 17th

Travis Kauffman vs Amir Mansour

is Russell anyone of note?

Michael Conlan makes his debut on Friday in New York

boxrec.com/show/741590

Body of Peter Kay

He's 10-0 with 8 KO's I think.
Might see Derevyanchenko get his chin tested.