This is "wireless charging". You plug in a pad into the wall, and then when you rest your phone on the pad...

This is "wireless charging". You plug in a pad into the wall, and then when you rest your phone on the pad, the phone charges. How is this better than a regular charger? With a regular charger you could be using/holding your phone at the same time it's charging. With this wireless charging, the phone has got to be flat on the pad. You can use it while it's laying flat but it's preferable to be holding it pointing at your face. This wireless charging seems stupid.

Wireless charging doesn't prevent you from using a cable. It's convenient when you don't need one.

How is it convenient? The only thing I guess you could say it does better than a regular charger is that you don't have to take the 1 second to remove the plug if you to move the phone and can instead just lift it off the pad. Which doesn't matter.

Fumbling around in the dark for the charging cable is annoying. Wireless charging solves that problem.

What are you talking about. There is a cable here too, the cable to plug in the pad. What are you trying to say.

It's stupid and pointless, but neat. And that's why it exists.

If you have the pad sitting on say, a bed-side table, all the time, it's not exactly hard to place your phone down and have it automatically begin charging.

I see what you're saying, but then again you could just keep your phone charger plugged in all the time as well.

That doesn't change the fact that I still need to fumble around for the cable to plug it in. Having multiple devices with multiple cables makes this more of a chore. The Qi wireless charging standard is supported by a wide range of device manufacturers. One charger, for all your devices, and no cables. Brilliant.

I belive it's called "uh gimmick". It's designed to bamboozle the weak-minded into paying five times over the value of this portable telephone.

Am I going to do alright?

it's the solution to the apple problem of always breaking cords

I've been looking into buying one but the reviews for all of them complain of how you need to place it on the pad exactly right or it won't charge. If it's going to be like that, I will stick with the usb cable.

> taking a bait

>Applefag realizes he wasted money on his iPhone 8
>Got tricked again
>meeeeeeeeee

Because modern technology is about creating fake problems to sell you solutions for them.

How braindead are you

How edgy are you?

I fuck your mom

Nice try

I don't use it, but I need to switch. With my old phone, the USB port on the phone end eventually stopped working. No cable would work, and there was no way to repair it. I just had to buy a new phone because the manufacturer decided to cheap out on the USB port.

So if you have to charge a lot, wireless charging isn't a bad option.

Same. I work outside a lot and got a bunch of dirt in the port even with 'Muh Lifeproof Case'. It is less convenient, but better than paying Shlomo for a new phone.

Same exact problem with mine too. I had the highest grade OtterBox that covered all ports, but some jobs are so messy that nothing can prevent dust and debris from finding its way in through the cracks.

It's good at night so you can set it down to charge in the dark without fumbling with the cord. The fast charger costs extra and you have to have your phone facing screen up so it makes too much light...now that I think about it it is pretty pointless.

fuck this stupid world

They're just so oblivious.

>when you ask for a bit of mustard on your hotdog

how is a reversible connector like the lightning cable or USB-C more convenient than something like a micro-usb cable?
it just is.

It's just another way of charging, it has pros and cons, just like the cable, some will prefer cable, some other wireless, that's all you gotta know

I got one on amazon for 20 and its way worth it. It's the little tghings in life.

can't wait till i can put these in my walls and enjoy cordless charging phones, rechargable batteries, and t.vs

People charge their phone at least every other day,
people get a phone when they are around 10 years old and have it to they die (85 years old)

(85-10) * 360/2 = 12 600
Those 1 seconds time saves add up to 3.5 hours of shitposting user, it's worth it.

Literally retarded.

If you fucking mongoloids can't see the benefits of a charging pad there's no hope for you.

You only say this because you haven't seen the military's wireless chargers.

SPOILER ALERT: They're everything you wish those pad chargers would be.

just leave the phone on your nightstand everytime you go to sleep and you won't have to plug in a cable ever again

Wireless charging in my car is great and useful, at home or in my office it feels completely pointless.

Tape it together faggot

It save you the time of plugging and unplugging your phone. Also the micro-USB-socket can wear out when used a lot. Wireless charging doesn't cause any wear to the socket and the cable. Also it looks cool and to most people it's a miracle, because they don't know how it's possible.

But hey OP. You're kind of right about the use while charging. Nobody forces you to use it. If you prefer the old way, you can still use that. So why so mad?

reroll

Everyone puts their phones down on furniture and tables from time to time. When chargers are built into more furniture (like IKEA is doing now), when you place a phone down on a table you'll have the added bonus of getting a charge.

Coffee shops can include these as a bonus, and no cords to get worn down.

>micro-USB
well there's your problem
you're an android using poorfag

They're cool, but I used one with my S7 for a few months, but then realised that it took ages to charge and I could do a few hours worth of wireless charging in about 30 mins with the cable.

Hence cable gets used now and wireless charger is in the drawer gathering dust.

Still a very, very cool idea. More practical if they speed up the charging rate. (dunno if possible?)

Maybe the next Apple innovation can be a flashlight built into the phone. Then people would be like "standard android feature for years"