Do you think you're an existentialist or a nihilist

do you think you're an existentialist or a nihilist

I'm just me, fuck your labels.

Ex Nihilo.

Snowflake.

I am a mix of jaded realist and optimist, I expect the worst but hope for the best.

I'm the kind who doesn't know the difference between those two

Absurdist

i love you -op

thats some blade runner shiz -op

bless you -op

i feel it man, youll find the divergence between the two eventually -op

I'm an absurdist with a heart for some reason.

It's all well and good for me to fool around and have the best life possible. The next generation should have more opportunity to fool around than I did.

Portals through space and time travel? What cool shenanigans! We have an obligation to make those a reality.

Existentialist: life means something.
Nihilist: life doesn't mean shit.

The next generation will be in a world like 1984..

i think OP is a fucking faggot
take your leddit frog the fuck back to your faggot containment site.

i actually dont know how to use reddit -op

We already were, more or less. The boot stamping on the human face forever will just be more polished now.

how could we stop it? -op

There's no stopping it. All you get are different flavors of boot with different kinds of force, but it'll always be there. Keeping a sordid, but clear order. Unless you happen to find yourself at the epicenter of worldly affairs, in which, somehow, you'd have the ability to remove the presence of the boot altogether. Top control technological trends, social norms, ideology, tension, infrastructure, culture, everything.

And then you might have freedom in such a global kingdom. But also chaos. I for one enjoy the kind of boot that comes with safe words.

Yes, i'm a nihilist. Can i help you?

I'm an existentialist, but a realist. I look things from the true perspective without being an optimist or pessimist.

I also operate under the delusion that i have absolute knowledge of truth.

I dont waste my time thinking about stupid shit like that

I yam what i yam

toot toot

Cognito ergo root.

I make decisions based on events and I can recognise if something is good or bad but I'm not saying it's the absolute truth

helicopter

"I look at things from the true perspective."

You must realize that it's impossible to escape from a bias.

Yeah, but what do I care if I'm the one making decisions for myself, about my encounters and experiences?

It doesn't matter if life doesn't matter
Am I genius philosopher now

if life had no meaning. why would we have a planet in a void of nothingness? life is only nothing if you want it to be nothing, is it delusion to believe nothing is the true ending to an unknown answer. -OP
>thank you for your honesty

>it's impossible to escape from a bias
Aha, but that's where you're wrong. I've escaped all kinds of biases in my short lifetime. It's just often very hard and incredibly unlikely unless a very specific series of events mange to occur.

For example, the dread and anguish that comes from the fear of death or dying. That's a bias, because you often favor being alive and do not enjoy the idea of dying. You care for pain. Often you enjoy things unless something's amiss. However, frequent or prolonged exposure to the idea, if not the ever present fact of our nature, wears away the somewhat naive notion that you'll somehow naturally avoid being finite. The old are usually okay with dying, because they spend the rest of their adult life confronting mortality. All a bias is, is a strongly felt, preconceived opinion that is either favorable or unfavorable. You can escape opinions and thoughts if you are allowed to do the work required for you to escape them. Or, rather, replace them. My bias is that I have escaped them, because they would otherwise consume me and dictate my behavior- now I am free.

>if life had no meaning. why would we have a planet in a void of nothingness
Because life would have no meaning, that's why. Why not? Because, no reasons. Absolutely none. Anything follows, and does not have to follow any form of logic therein. It just doesn't and can't even be said to.

Stop watching Rick and Morty and form your own opinion based on your own life experiences for once

Sometimes people have opinions before pop culture makes them popular again.

thank you for that, I am existentialist(i think) have somewhat of the same look on it, that life doesn't have to make sense, humans should just enjoy the natural beauty and ugly of life. no matter if I end up in a new dimension of an afterlife, or even if it's just the emptiness of the void.