What's the deal with this game?

What's the deal with this game?

I haven't played it, seen a few min videos of it and just want to hear your take on it.

I never buy early access, but the hype around this is immense and has me wondering.

Other urls found in this thread:

battleroyalegames.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

game is not bad, more fun with friends though

It seems overjoyed. Watched a few streams, doesn't seem that ground breaking.

It is arma for casuals, most people stoped playing it, but youtube streamer are still playing it, because its quick and you can entertain your viewer.

Good game, great with friends. Some matches you'll make it to top 5 without firing a shot and then die to a dude who has been in the bush next to you for 5 min. Others you'll die in the first 10 seconds, or spend 15 minutes looting for someone else. And then 1 in 20 you'll come out with 15 kills.

Best thing about it though is riding a motorcycle around doing jumps the whole game and laugh as people try to shoot at you going 150 km/h

Til you flip on flat ground and kill yourself

>riding a motorcycle around doing jumps the whole game

you mean riding the botormike on flat ground then dying because it does some random flips and crashes into thin air

>moat people stopped playing it
More than what?

Been playing for weeks, and still coming back to play a few matches every other day. Solo's are fun, playing with friends are fun, and even if you die early game. It only takes 10-30 seconds to get in to another match.

> top played game of all time on steam right now
> overtakes active player count from Dota2
> "most people stoped playing it"
> top kek

It's a fun game, bit a little time consuming. You're fighting against other people and the clock, and every game is different.
It is a time investment though... no such thing as a quick game unless you die.

I was going to post that same picture... The game is flooded with players and takes less than a 1min for a match because their are so many servers running.

>most people stoped playing it,
Heh, it's funny you say that when Steam records play metrics, how dense are you?

Are the casuals butthurt? Go to Sup Forums and make a thread, they will laugh at you. It is the CoD of MilSims.

By the way:
>You have to be online in steam to play a game

this game is the worst example of how to make a game in unreal engine,everything is broken, most overrated game ever

I haven't played it even once, I avoid EA games but unlike you I seem to be able to read the data Steam records and displays for its users.

The game is fun as fukk solo or squad..

>You have to be online in steam to play a game
No shit Sherlock it's a multiplayer battle royal. What was the point of even saying this? And I am a casual player so... again, what?

It's not that bad. Find a discord server with cool bros to chat with and the game is a lot of fun.

Offline playing games is not counted in the steam metric, they only count games were the player switched his profile to public..

Your point being? It's an online game, which OP claimed people had stopped playing - yet Steams own metrics show this to be pure salt.

Again, what's your point? Do you understand what highest concentric player count means? Did you even see this picture: ? What is your argument here?

"butthurt" kek. Go back to playing Runescape or some other obscure title.

Sorry, not OP

Are the pubg player also retarded? I feel sorry for you
>Steam only counts games where the player is publicly online
>Nothing private nothing hidden nothing offline
>Most people play without 100 people in steam knowing
>Not asking why only multiplayer games where you have be online are on that list

I have many friends to play with but to me this game is far from finished, anybody can make a game with blueprints from the marketplace, but they did a great job at making it so broken, but it is 2017 and this is now a standard

games are meant to be fun

fun games keep people playing

pubg is a lot of fun and doesnt get old

I am going back to my pure arma, at least I see less REEEing there.

It must be difficult being you user, do you have a live in nurse to cook your tendies?
The claim was people have stopped playing, yet the recorded metrics show more people are playing it than ever, this isn't speculation.

It's only popular because of the hype. Is is basically Battle Royale mod for ARMA or H1Z1, but with better graphics. It is time consuming, boring, and repetitive with little reward. Also micro transactions.

So are you saying you believe there is a game that is being played more on steam than pubg, it's just a hidden metric because every player is playing that game offline?

Did you fucking look at the image posted? It doesn't show player, it shows game starts.
INB4 no it doesnt: learn what steam counts

As I said: mostly played by streamer. The rest is underage faggots that will get drawn to the next cod soon.

the day summ1t and disrespect stop playing this shit, it will be dead within a few days

> criticizes known metrics
> claims unknown metrics exceed known metrics
> uses bait words like "most people"
> toppest of keks

Did I mention the picture posted?

Are you really doubting, if the 100 most played games in the steam metric are coop or multiplayer games? I can answer that in 3 letters.
Are you underage? People don't use steam for the online social factor, if a game can be played offline, people will do that.

Despite the fact its early access and buggy as fuck, its pretty fun if you have friends. Not my kind of game tho

Yeah this... has to be bait. Nobody is this stupid.
Hey could you just like... show us which game you think people are playing more than PUBG, and what metrics show that?

Basically sums it up. Its easy, fun and lots of room to improve and to develop strategies.

Trend X gets hype, userbase inflates.
Trend causes counter trend.
Saddest retards join counter trend.
>hurr no one does X anymore
>durr X is shit anyway
>hurrrr Y is so much better

Meanwhile no decent human actually cares on an emotional level.

>game is far from finished
Thats what EARLY ACCESS means,you autistic fucknugget

Awful fucking game that retards continue to sink hours into b/c it does a good job of tricking you into believing it's fun

Best game ever to exist, I have never seen such a master piece. Not even battlefield is close. I play at least 6 hours per day. I hope to one day earn my living . I am still very young so people don't like me streaming. If you can look at some pubg on twitch please do it and please look at adverts twitch / desanex

>Taking Sup Forums seriously
You're such a hardcore gamer.

Too many wallhackers at the moment. Don't even bother until they hire ac devs

Look at my post pls. I play with some friends, don't worry with their screechy voices, they are cool.

I imagine it because old and predictable, kinda like miscreated

>illusion of fun

This is so utterly idiotic.

>I play at least 6 hours per day. I hope to one day earn my living

Meanwhile, you better invest some of that time into a sustainable source of income.

What? No. Go away, nobody wants to follow your stream.

Jesus Christ you are one dumb ass kid lmso

But user, what if you thought you were having fun only to find out later that you didn't have fun, and the fun you thought you had was a lie?
M. I. N. D
B
L
O
W
N

Go back to l e d d i t

What? Don't be such a fag.

>even the reply is reddit
But at least the whole thread is shitposting

After you leave.

Like the people who have their favourite thing ruined by a bad review score? I can't even begin to understand such thought patterns.

It was sarcasm. I'm not sure why you're upset.
>muh secret club

>Muh damage control
K U K
U
K

Muh newfag didn't know why he was called out xD

Ok guys I'm gone now. You won't see my screen name anymore. Here I go. Logging off of Sup Forums.

I understood the sarcasm and simply widened the context of the statement. You seem to have trouble understanding dicourse here. Lurk moar.

The game is fucking fun. I've been playing it consistently for weeks now. Most fun I've consistently had in an fps ever.

>Is is basically Battle Royale mod for ARMA or H1Z1
>Mod for H1Z1

are you actually autistic

Player unknown made this game.
He worked on various battlegrounds.
Untill he made he's own.
He listen to streamers gamers.
And he's own expierence from previous battleroyals he made like h1z1 and arma 3.
He can do with the game what he wands.
Its that good becouse he's the groundkeeper of battleroyal.

some 350 hours logged on the game right now, not much but enough to say the game is very enjoyable.
Don't listen to all these mad faggots and nay sayers. CS:GO pro's are literally abandoning CS for this game. It's also got a better ranking system than KOTK. However, I won't completely disown kotk as I play both. H1 KOTK is basically just more arcade style and PUBG has a hardcore arma feeling to it.
PUBG is honestly the only modern game I would genuinely call 10/10. Most games today are shit

Gets pretty intense in the end game or if you play aggressively. Good fun

>Not knowing the games you play
Not that user, but wow.
Maybe research a little bit? Battle royal was streamer bait before being a own game. I even played his arma mod.

and compared to this how is PUBG?

(I have cs.go, put in 20 hours. it's boring. I played a lot of 1.6 back inthe day)

Well for one, Battle Royale was released for Arma 3 AND H1Z1.

However in my post I was implying BR for Arma 3 AS WELL AS the H1Z1 standalone.

So at least know this history if the development before you try to call someone else out. I'll give you a break though as you were likely still in middle school at the time the mod was released.

Sources: battleroyalegames.com/

Just like every arcady online game it is a time waster. CSS, LoL, Dota, CoD and PuBG are good in giving you the sense of achievement even if you achieved nothing

I will help you:
Reply is to this person

Thanks user. Watching a movie while I shitpost on Sup Forums, so not really bothered to pay attention.

It is creepy... it's better being a douche and treating them like things, but it's still wrong nonetheless

look at this retarded fucking piece of shit who think he's special for not liking something because it's popular
kill yourself

First off, you can't watch this game. It is impossible to get the same feeling from watching others play.

Secondly, there are very, VERY, few games on the market that can give you the adrenaline rush that this game gives you. Being in a top 10 scenario and not knowing where anyone is and hearing shots gets your heart going and it feels great.

The game itself has a lot of issues, but the reason it is so popular is because of the raw emotion of survival it makes you feel.

>Reviving a dead thread
>Not understanding why people don't like something you love
Did you know autists don't understand the concept that people have different opinions? Did you get tested?

>concentric

i don't love the game, i just like it, but the guy is being extremely retarded

On the shader side I'll have to agree with this boy.
They need to optimize their shit hard.
My 980m shouldn't have any problem with it since I play gta 5 and the witcher 3, which have higher fidelity, just fine.
Particle handling is also grim. Screen space effects look good though and the baked shadows are alright when they are done correctly.

Fuck me, I know almost any topic is certain to cause friction on Sup Forums but this thread is the most toxic I've seen in a while lmao

This is only the last in a long fucking line of survival/battle royale type games though. I don't get why this got so much hype when there are barely any new or differentiating features

It is hard. Hard enough for CoD normies to memorize the games, but not enough for arma or h1z1 player

It's fucking Sup Forums, don't read into anything, ever.