Mayweather v. McGregor

>implying he won't beat floyd in literally the biggest sports upset of all time
>implying I won't bet 5k on conor and become a literal millionaire for doing nothing

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather_Jr._vs._Canelo_Álvarez
youtube.com/watch?v=XlIzllZE7LE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> bet 5k on conor and become a literal millionaire
mcgoober is at 15/2 now.

9/1*
Use oddschecker my man
But fuck that shit I'm betting on Floyd by KO at 5/4

Good luck finding 200-1 odds on Conor

I like that. Conor will punch himself out going for the kill in the first 3 rounds and get gassed. Once he's tired, Floyd will pick him apart and eventually KO him in the 8th-10th. Conor doesn't have the cardio to box for 36 minutes

Are mmafaggots so delusional to think a guy with minimal talent and experience can beat a generational talent like Mayweather at his own sport?
You have to be trolling, no one on planet earth could possibly be as retarded as you are presenting yourself to be.

>floyd
>ko

he has to throw punches for that to happen

Imagine the race baiting for this fight

Black America would tune in just to watch a white guy get beat by a black guy and they'd love it

Why would boxing GOAT(according to himself) even bother fighting some literally who?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ez money.
if your boss offered you a cheque to not turn up at work for a week would you take it?

>irish
>white

I haven't been keeping up. Is this actually happening?

Fighting isn't a sport

It's his fanbase. Like any other, they're going to root for their guy and some do actually know so little so as to think he can win, whereas others are just into the unpredictable nature of combat sport

This desu. He gets the biggest money fight to become 50-0 while also having it be his easiest fight

Please give me a quick rundown. How on earth it was decided that they will box? Shouldnt be a version of MMA-lite in which they are more equal?

Why is McGregor being so retarded?

>prefer boxing to MMA
>hate Gayweather and want him to lose

i don't know who to root for senpai.

Money. Mayweather isn't going to agree to kickboxing. Conor will make more money fighting Floyd than he's ever done in the UFC
Even if he loses, all he has to say is he took a risk and then call Mayweather a pussy by inviting him to a "real" fight inside the Octagon, which Mayweather obviously won't accept

>How on earth it was decided that they will box?
McGregor called him out first. Floyd would never (and rightfully so) fight him in any other rule set.

Is this going to be the biggest fighting event ever?

'no'

If it does happen, sure.

the reddit fight

UFC is so pathetic that they've had to build their fighters up by shit talking a guy in a different sport. McGregor and Rousey only became famous because they spent every living moment talking shit about Floyd.

Lol that isn't remotely true

You seem awfully insecure about your failing sport

Yeah, but so do you kek.

>n-n-no you

L

This so much.

Gayweather doesn't throw when it's an opponent he fears. He will analyze McMeme the first two rounds and pick him apart the rest of the way, it's going to look like straight bullying tßh

Gayweather. I've been watching MMA since pancrase/UFC's birth and I can't stand the MMA community, especially these McGoober faggots

what weight class will they fight at? obviously conor feels more at home at 155 but what is floyd's ideal weifhrclass?

Floyd wins but not with a KO, the match will be very tame. They both get an obscene ammount of money, Floyd gets his streak to 50 and McGregor gets even more pubblicity, then he will say he barely lost and challange Floyd to an MMA match wich he'll obviously refuse and will claim he's a pussy and walk away with his ego restored

lmao i bet you were one of those dumbfucks who thought women """""fighters"""" could beat up boxers. fuck out of here faggot

You sound like a pussy and probably look even more like one lol

>he literally fantasizes about women being able to beat up men
you sound like a cuck and probably look even more like one lol

Shit, I'd have to bet $100 just to win $12. Not even worth it. Now wonder bookies make so much money. Only people betting are going to pick the white boi who will obviously lose.

>n-n-no you!!!!

L

I'd be willing to bet money that this is what's going to ahppen

Will it be a 12 rounders ?
If it's not it's lame.
Conor could win because he's not a boxer, he doesn't move like one and doesn't punch like one, his biggest flaw could his biggest advantage but honestly he won't be able to control the distance with his footwork and he'll eat a lot of shots

Kek this isn't how it works
He doesn't "move" like a boxer because he's not boxing. Put him in a boxing ring and he will. There's a clip of him sparring with a former boxer, he got tagged a bit

>mfw there are people on /heem/ that unironically think this fight will actually happen.

feel free to screencap

>Floyd
>KO

Stop chatting shit. We build our fighters by having them be former mandrama stars

Let's see Brock Lesnar take on Floyd how about that

>F-Floyd will destroy him!!

this has to be the most over used least funny reaction image posted on espee

Hold on, this fight is happening? Memes got too far, if anything Floyd should have only got out of retirement for GGG

first round left hand ko formality

Are there odds out yet?

there's been odds for this fight for a year

>for GGG
Golovkin isn't dropping that weight at his age and there's no way Mayweather would fight a fully fledged MW with that kind of power.

Who's gonna fight him then? Any sensible boxer would duck this fight in a heartbeat, unless they wanna get destroyed for whatever reason

>Who's gonna fight him then?
Who? Mayweather?

nah golovkin

He's fighting Daniel Jacobs next, after that who knows. Besides Canelo, he could fight Charlo, Murata (if he gets passed N'Dam) or Saunders for the title. He could always move up to SMW, but I believe he wants to unify @ MW, and by the time he does he'll be close to 40 and probably retire.

If you think Conor is gonna try to box him, you're stupid. If they would fight, Conor is gonna try to bend the rules as far as possible, if not break them. He won't give a fuck; hes gonna makes tens of millions this fight and make him even more infamous.

This fight is a no-brainer for McGregor. He loses, it doesn't matter - he was fighting outside of his sport and gets to say something like "We put on a good show for the fans." He wins, and he's legendary.

I hope not too many people are actually praising him for this and will give it to him if he loses.

you're right... Any thoughts about the
>conor is a bigger southpaw and 12 years younger
argument?

Best scenario.

How on earth is that the best scenario? It's certainly the most likely scenario, but possibly the worst.

>I hope not too many people are actually praising him for this and will give it to him if he loses.
Well, most people (and especially Conor fans) happen to fucking retarded.

It's pretty much confirmed that GGG will face BJS next in Astana, during the exposition universelle

I don't see Floyd being an insane favorite in this one.

Conor cuts his soul out to get to 145, then he rehydrates like a sponge and becomes twice Floyd's size.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather_Jr._vs._Canelo_Álvarez
Canelo was 13 years younger than Floyd and a lot more experienced than McGregor could hope to be in a potential matchup with Mayweather and still got rick-rolled through that entire fight.

As for being a southpaw, I wouldn't see how it could give him problems when the southpaw he's facing wouldn't possess the knowledge necessary to capitalize on it, not to mention that he's beaten soutpaws before (including his last match)

>floyd
>ko
>britbong opinion

wow what a magical coincidence

go watch divegrass and shut the fuck up about actual sports.

You're right, what was I thinking

you're definately right... floyd was kinda in his prime vs canelo tho? I mean floyd has been "retired" for some time and now he comes back a bit older and maybe a little bit rusty... conors been on it for a while, thoughts?

Floyd wasn't exactly in his "prime" against Canelo (remember, he came up from junior lightweight up to super welterweight) but because of his defense-orientated style he takes little toll on his body (besides his brittle, brittle hands) and is therefore in relatively decent shape to compete at that level.
He's also retire before (~2 years) and came back to beat Juan Manuel Marquez, and while JMM came up in weight for that fight, he absolutely outclassed him. Marquez is a multiple time world champ while Conors biggest boxing achievement is an amateur trophy he was when he was 14 years old.

the way how odds work is primarily an indication of who people are betting behind - not who is more likely to win. Conor entered at 20/1 or something and way too many people saw that as a potential payday and now his odds are up as a result.

GGG said he'd drop to fight Mayweather

It's gonna be with boxing rules and a boxing referee, so he'll get disqualified early if he does that

Floyd still spars and will make sure to have a big enough camp to shake off the rust. Even with the layoff the experience and skill disparity is so big it's safe to assume that Connor doesn't have anything more than a puncher's chance.

Also keep in mind that if the fight happens it will propably happen with Floyd choosing the: ring size, referee (see Mayweather Maidana duology if you want to know how much of a difference that can make), Connor's gloves, Judges, Venue, potentially imposing a rehydration clause to Connor.

And he will make sure to have every other advantage an "A side" can have.

>probably has never partaken in actual sports
>country sharts in marts
>"fuck off guys, wrestling is a sport"

Amerilards.

Source?

youtube.com/watch?v=XlIzllZE7LE 13:20
He has said he would go to 154 for Floyd a couple of times.

McGoober can't really lose with this one. If he wins he's a god, if he loses he will have an excuse of fighting way out of his league.

Confirmed retard

Floyd literally won't be able to miss, and if it's more than six rounds McGregor is going to gas ridiculously hard. It would be more difficult for Mayweather to not knock him out than to do it

Floyds last fight was at 155.

No way this'll be a 145.

No it wasn't. Maybe you mean McGregor.

>betting on a 9/1 favorite
how pointless

It's all me.

Floyd Sr has said in the past that wouldn't happen, he knows GGG is too big and powerful for Mayweather
Junior wouldn't risk an L like that; a fight against McMeme is an easy win

If it's 1.10 when it should be 1.00000001 it's free money

i'm not boxing fan but i do watch MMA and McGregor and his last fight he boxing was amazing. Mayweather is old and Conor could easily become a boxing champion now if he was to become a pro boxer. Conor McGregor to win by KO

>not having disposable income
>Kenya
checks out

9/1 is not favorite. you get 9 for 1.

I don't blame him. Has Golovkin ever fought below Middleweight in the amateurs?

That's not how it works

9/1 is the same as 9. so you multiply your bet with with 9 for the return. bet $10 get $90. no?

certainly isn't a favorite with 9. more likely to be 1/9 instead, you can get floyd at 1/10 at some places.

Seems like light welterweight seventeen years ago
I was hoping Chavez Jr would fight GGG instead of canela but he'll likely do worse than that sparring session years ago

You're comparing McGregor to literal real champions Mayweather boxed. This will look like Mayweather vs Gatti after the 2nd round.

Ref or corner stoppage desu.

There are more fun ways to waste 5k m8

>potential payday
This is a joke correct?

It doesn't matter because McGregor is a rank amateur. Being a southpaw just means McGregor is right in line for possibly the best and definitely the most accurate straight right hand in all of boxing.

This. He wins hell transcend into legend. If he loses hes a fucking millionaire and novody will think less of him

This fight will never happen. It's just an excuse for conor to pretend he's not running from defending his belt because he's scared. If it does though I'm betting everything I have on floyd because it's literally free money.

Bait

What will the payout be? 1.01?