What's your opinion on gender issues?

What's your opinion on gender issues?

Stay with me, faggots, I have a good point.

I believe that the people talking a bout gender are kinda right, but they try to make their point in the most cringeworthy and stupid way (pic related). This makes it almost impossible for us, regular people, to empathize with them.

Consider the following: I'm studying a social psychology course in my Uni (i will major in psychology) and we discussed briefly about Native American, and indigenous tribes from all over the world that have more than two gender roles (besides male and female).

This is my point: I believe that traps (trans women) and trans men are certainly nor man or women but a third and fourth gender:Trans men and trans women.

It makes sense, if you see a trap, off course it's not a woman, but neither a man: it's a trans woman, a person who was born male, but through hormones, crossdresing and/or surgery assumed a different role.

I believe thit shit is simple and has been around for ages, but thes goddam tumblr people make it intentionally complicated and cringe-worthy because HUR DUR MUH IDENTITY.

Btw I still believe that the faggots talking about GENDER FLUIDITY and saying that they don't have any gender are stupid special snowflakes that just want to feel unique and special (pic related) and have done more harm that good to the real trans preople issues.

>TL;DR
>there are 4 genders
>male, female, trans male anf trans female
>tumblr warriors are retarded special snowflakes that try to make their point in the most cringy and stupid way possible.

Pic related is a stupid tomboy cunt who is not transgender, she is the kind of people that ruins rhe conversation for real trans people.

At most there are three/four genders. Male. Female. Man to woman tranny. Then woman to man fanny.

When you start getting into identifying as a queer poly inanimate asexual straight transsexual, then it gets fucking retarded.

This is my point exactly. It's sad bc trans people get such a bad rep because of these demi queer kin whatever bullshit people, that just want attention for themselves.

No, you are either male or female. That's it.

my theory are Trans people are gay and they can't come to grips with that so they want to make up 2 new genders because they can't accept the fact that they are disgusting FAGGOTS.

That doesn't make any fucking sense, I guess it would be waaaaaay easier to be gay than to become trans just for it.

I think some people just have an innate feeling that they identify more with the opposite gender and they cant help it just like gay people cant help being gay. And if someone wants to fuck a dude or cut off their dick then that doesnt really effect anyone else

They only are 2 genders. People That think there is more are mentally ill and should get locked up. Being trans is not a gender its being a faggot.

The only problem I have with this whole movement is that it seems to suggest that an individual's identity - ANY individual's identity - matters a fucking shitload more than it does. I believe in equal rights and respect but none of you fucking people actually matters in the scheme of things so come off it already and just find your happy place in life until you die.

Being trans is pretending, it's not a gender

It should not be a big deal, but ultra conservative people and tumblr special snowflakes make such a big deal out of it, when it's simple shit that has been around for ages.

Agreed, that's basically what I was trying to say. And the try-hards who make up ridiculously over the top definitions don't help anyone, least of all themselves.

Someone once posted this tomboy's nudes, she has a decent ass.

Larping doesn't make you a new kind of person.

There are 3 genders
Male, Female, Hermaphrodite.

Multiple sexual preferences.

Quit confusing the two.

/thread

/Thread

Heres my take.
If youre a chick and wanna be a guy fine
If youre a guy and wanna be a chick fine.
I have no problem with that, just do it, the whole process and get on with your life.
The problem I have is the people who feel entitled, like everyone owes them something. Also those who constantly talk/post about it.
You dont see every woman/man talking about how they’re a woman/man.
They accept themselves, and move on in the world like normal people.
Some trans people get so caught up in it it becomes a little act they do, a facade, and that irritates me.
That and those who believe theres a third gender, there isnt.
Either youre a man/woman or if you dont want to change it and get the fuck on with your life. All that other unnecessary bullshit is all in your mind, and like many things in your mind, theres no real value/its doesnt exist.

I honestly do not give a single fuck if people believe there is 2 or 76 genders, because guess what, at the end of the day when you fucking get put in your grave, it won't matter whether or not you or the GAWD DAYUM ESSJAYDOUBLEYOOS were right. No matter how many genders there exists, no matter if you won the internet argument, it wont change a thing.

Top goy

This.

People are making a deal over something that's a non-issue.

>buh I'm trans

Stop calling yourself trans and be the gender that you want to be. Labeling yourself with that is only going to stick and make a show of it rather than getting on with life.

As for 'gender roles', that's always been b/s. Do what you want to in life and stop focusing on "I can't because I'm a guy/girl". Just do it. The more time you waste complaining shows that you weren't interested in doing it in the first place and just want the attention.

Be the change you want to see and stop talking about a non-issue.

Fuck you. It doesn't matter what you believe. Science is a descriptive system. Prescribing your own theory leads to misunderstanding.

If you don't want to be this same asshole by the time you get your degree (and I sincerely hope you wisen up before then), start listening.

The reason why the third and fourth genders aren't accurate is because in terms of gender identity, a trans person and a cisgender person of the same gender are the same: both were born with their gender identities, regardless of whether one of them portrayed the wrong gender for the first part of their life.

People who are trans only transition the "visible" aspects of their gender. They usually come to the decision to stop portraying the wrong gender / portray the right gender because they look back on their lives and realize, they have ALWAYS had this gender identity.

In other words, trans-women/men do not BECOME women/men; they are ALREADY - since birth - just like cis people. Therefore it is incorrect to claim they are not women/men on the basis of their transition.

Genderfluid, agender, and non-binary people exist. Rather than pretending they don't exist, just because they don't fit your narrow, prescriptive view, you should accept them into your worldview.

I mean, it's not like they're going anywhere, but at least you could dwell in reality.

Nah niqqa you either have a PeePee or a vagg

where were you when Sup Forums found the most sensible approach to gender identity

If i had a dollar for every gender id have 2 dollars. Theres only 2 genders and a bunch of psychological diseases. Youre university sounds like a bunch of faggots teaching impressionable faggots how to keep up this fuckery. Fuck you and your shitty psyche degree pussy.

I don't believe that male or female is a personality trait or a clothing style.

You can't change your gender. You might have gender dysphoria and dressing in stereotypical female clothing might make you feel better about your situation, but it can't change biology. That being said, i'm fully accepting of your decision to be trans and i have nothing against you.

You can explain your point to me without being overly aggressive or condescendent, you know?
My major is not on Gender Studies (it's in fact a subject we will touch briefly), so I'm open to people who DO know more than me about the subject, based on more specialized bibliography.
But this condescending attitude is surely doing more harm than good to the whole conversation about it because it alienates possible allies.

everyone in this thread feels as if they have no obligation to society whatsoever, and that is disgusting.

there are 2 genders, and anyone saying their are more is just trying to sound relevant by dismantling every traditional dynamic in our society. why? Because they are just too stupid to take this world seriously. and anyone who is smart enough to take this shit seriously is so apathetic they just simplify the issue into: "nothing matters you're just a speck."

well, in being a speck, I've come to like the speck and want it around still.

Nah, your fragility here is what's getting in the way. As a genderqueer person, your post represents a harmful belief for me, people like me, and society in general. It's my duty to call you out and let you know you're being an asshole.

Are you willing to look at the meaning of my post, not just how it offended you?

>Bravo.

Children in higher education that say "Uni" should be expelled and put on a chain gang.

She just like to pretend she's a boy, but deep down she's just another attention hungry camgirl.

Disabled people do not fit the typical understanding of what constitutes a person. Ergo, they are a 2nd distinct species of human.

I'm super chill, you're the one who can't stand another opinion other than yours. I'm not offended I'm just trying to make you notice the aggressive way you're reacting to my post which can and, it does, makes it difficult for people with less information and resources to empathize with your issues.
You're doing exactly whay my post criticizes.

Wtf retards. There's 2 genders. Male or female. And sometimes one of those wants to be the other one? For fucks sake. Next they'll be making a gender for a dude who likes to sit down for a piss instead of standing up.

kek
Fuckin' perfect

Lol, literally who cares

Your DNA determines your gender, male or female. Nothing you can do that changes that.

Regarding transgenders and others: sticking a feather in your butt does not make you a chicken.

>that treasure trail
I'd still fuck it.

it's a fad

Do you go with millions of years of evolution or do you go against it. Simple as that.

Define gender

It's a mental disorder popularized for political power

I'd fuck her tbh.

The entire concept of male and female stems from biology. It has nothing to do with your identity, culture, feelings, clothing style, and whether you like wearing make-up or not.

Its strange to me, because the deconstruction of gender stereotypes has been a huge thing for the past few years. The removal of gender specific toys, let girls play soccer and video games, let males clean their house, watch the babies and make dinner, etc.
The entire trans community seems to be of the opposite mindset, and its built upon gender stereotypes. When gender stereotypes are gone, what will you base your gender upon besides biology, considering this is a mental condition?

Its perfectly fine to be a feminine man, and its perfectly fine to be a masculine woman. It shouldn't affect your gender at all.

that's what i said

Mental illness, that's all. I don't entertain grandpa's delusions that he's an astronaut. I don't entertain Herman's delusion that he's a woman named Gia.

gender is the state of being male or female with regard to social/cultural differences.
sex is biological.
trans people are one sex, with secondary opposite-sex characteristics brought on by behavior, identity, hormonal changes, either naturally or artificially, and surgery. the degree to which this affects their gender as perceived by themselves and by outsiders varies.
this does not make them a third/fourth gender.
it simply means that gender is a spectrum of behavior and appearance while sex is, and will always be, chromosomal.
agree about the cringiness and they could work better on their PR. their stupid requests like made up personal pronouns are a big part of the problem.
the problem when you introduce a third/fourth "gender" into the mix is to fail to understand the basic concept of gender and open the door to unlimited genders depending on where they are on the male/female behavior/identity/appearance spectrum.
the problem with the spectrum is that people are lazy and it's just too many words to say "Biologically I was born a man but due to a mix of personal identity, hormones, and appearance changes I consider myself 80% female gender-wise only." They want to mix biology and gender together a lot of the time which is nonsensical and angers normal-thinking folks who think in terms of biological sex.
For normals, fitting in is actually important and they believe that biological sex comes with certain traits that should be respected and projected. They're not entirely right or wrong. Neither side is. The normals need to accept that gender and sex are different, and that one is a spectrum and one is not. The trans people also need to accept that gender and sex are different, and that fitting in and tradition has a certain value to society and should be respected by trying to be 100% passable or not, keeping honor to the original biology to the highest degree reasonable.

Oh, me too. She's still genetically a female, she just likes to play dressup. I'd fuck a KD Lang bull dyke anytime.

So butt feathers should be illegal or frowned upon or beaten or ignored or what? I agree you can't make a cat a chicken, so what do we do with the cats that like to act and dress like chickens?

My opinion is who gives a duck, let them do what they want, as long as it dosent effect anything that matters.

The presence or absence of 1 or more Y chromosomes, as revealed by a Karyotype test which can be performed on any cell in the body.
The presence/absense thing is why there are only 2 sex classifications.

she's like Maisie too me
kind of hideous but boner points at it

This is a very reasonable and interesting post.

thank you kind sir or ma'am

If you had a grandfsther who believed he's an astronaut I can guarantee with experience that you would not waste your time trying to tell him otherwise. You'd let it be. Transgender must trigger you somehow if you care at all in trying to change an opinion that wont be changed

Haven't read any other post but here's my two cents:

You are he or you are she, nothing more. I have no problem if you are trans, you don't have a "mental disease" and it's not out of the realms of possibility you have the opposite gender mindset in the wrong body. At the same time if you are a girl who was born a boy I will call you she, her, a girl. Not a trans woman but a woman because that's what you want to be know as. If you when through all that bullshit to make the transition, you deserve it.

The things I hate:
> I identify as a nonbinary, inter-trans, mixed, agender special little snowflake and you need to learn MY pronoun of JHE
> The passive aggressive dickheads who see someone who is trans and purposely call them by their original pronoun to be nothing more than a dickhead
> Guys who see a reasonably attractive looking transwoman and pretend they're sickened by it when they just look like a regular woman
> People who go into trap threads to cry and argue that what they're doing is gay. If you're not interested, why are you bothering the people that are? You're clearly uncomfortable with the fact that you like it and need to lash out a little to justify you being in that thread. I don't go to the music board and get on someone's back about liking a brand of music I don't

Sex = male/female. Gender = man/woman. The confusion originates from the lack of distinction between sex and gender. There's only two genders but neither gender is exclusive to a sex. Sex is a biological fact and gender is a social construct, like political identity. So a male woman is no more a contradiction than a black Republican, it's just unusual.

>actually defending this gender bullshit, even though we started this shit on tumblr for keks

>What's your opinion on gender issues?

Mental illness.

We're not having a discussion about opinion. This concerns the facts.

The facts are that your theory of gender identity doesn't account for what we actually observe in the genderqueer community. Actual people exist who show your description to be false.

I'm not going to be nice about this. Your views are harmful. Put a band-aid on your fucking booboo and listen, rather than crying, "You're not nice! No one will listen to you, meanie!"

You don't have to coddle people to be correct.

I don't try to change their opinion. I just refuse to acknowledge their pretend realities. What the mentally ill think or do doesn't interest me

>because that's what you want to be know as

So you aknowledge their gender because they identify with it and you just go with it out of politeness, or because you truly believe that they belong to the gender they say they belong to?

since I have a fan I feel I should add something
the trans community believes that whereever you are on the spectrum, you should be free to express yourself in any way with regard to where you are on that spectrum, even where traditional things are really mixed up, like a man with a moustache in a dress.

this bothers people because it disrupts tradition and societal norms. however they're not entirely wrong in my opinion. they should be free to express themselves however they want. however, the normies should be free to be as disgusted as they want and shout them down as loudly as they wanted by calling them freaks and refusing to hire them or give them any respect.

to quote ghostbusters, "being miserable, and treating other people like dirt, is every New Yorker's god given right." when the trans people try to force "acceptance" is where things get ugly.

i live across the street from a gay bar. they have "furry nights" and the furries come out in droves. it's not a big problem. nobody is protesting or harassing them. why? they're keeping to themselves, expressing themselves to one another and generally not causing any trouble. they're not demanding anything. they're just doing their thing, in an appropriate place. Maw and Paw Hickenson living on a farm in Iowa are doing the same. it's when worlds collide that things get ugly, and segregation isn't entirely a bad thing.

normalization in media is a real problem because it's like pushing things on people forcing the worlds to intersect. but we can vote with our ratings instead of bitching about it. if Hollywood wants to be on that side of the population, they're free to do so, and we're free not to watch if we don't like it.

People who say they're something magical and special like gendefluid or non binary or something like that belittle the real trans people who aren't doing it for the attention.

>This concerns the facts
>Your theory of "reality" doesn't account for what we actually observe in the paranoid schizophrenic community. ACTUAL people who show your description to be false

male
female
mutilated male
mutilated female

full retard reasoning

You mean biological sex, which yeah, you're stuck with. I mean, medicine keeps getting better, but it's in yer chromosomes!

But your gender, which you're also stuck with, doesn't always line up with society's assumptions. In that case, the only time your not crossdressing is when you stop wearing the clothes society assumed represented you.

There's no changing. Genderqueer people are born genderqueer. The only difference is when they step out of the closet and start being themselves.

In not the other user but after reading it all, this dudes a faggot. Its not an opinion either its scientific fact you're either faggots or not and this dude checks the faggots boxes.

"Mentally ill" is not a gender.

>I ignore opinions and state my opinion as fact and ridicule others based on my "scientific" opinion.

Ok faggot

What political power? I'm expecting a toaster oven since I'm MtF lesbian, but I'll forego that for this political power you're talking about

maybe what we need is a new cold medicine that comes in a red and blue pill, and you're supposed to take one or the other based on your gender, and if you take the wrong one, you will die.

>Genderqueer people are born genderqueer
Nobody is born as anything. Your personality is influenced by your upbringing, the society and the people you hang around with.

you're either biologically a man or a woman (with extremely rare biological exception)

you should be gas with nitrogen if you think you're the other sex

Of course I ignore opinions. When we're discussing facts, facts are the only thing that matters. I'm not ridiculing them, I'm calling a spade a spade.

But leave it to a postmodernist to smugly dismiss science.

there is no third gender. There are male and female. This whole gender and sex isn't the same is bullshit, this was settled in science ages ago.

Being trans is a disorder and we aren't doing them any favors by pretending their delusions is reality or by mutilating them. We don't let people who believe their limbs aren't real cut them off, we don't let people we think they are ghosts kill themselves, the list goes on and on. There are plenty of disorders and illnesses that alters your perception of reality but only transsexuals get treated like their "reality" is real.

For fucks sake, the people that invented (not really the right word but you get my point) the surgery and surrounding treatment has disavowed it since it doesn't work and has serious side effects for the patients.

If someone tells me that they're male or female then they are that. If they are beginning their transition and say "Hey, I'm finally coming to terms with myself, could you please now call me Rachel as I want to be known as a woman from now on" then I will call her a her. It's brave to finally be true to yourself as it's never universally accepted. I respect that and show that respect by calling them what they want to be known as.

Someone who dyes their hair pink, where's make up and says they're genderfluid or some bullshit can fuck right off. Trans people have been around for a while now, these fucking twits have really only recently been popping up in the 2010s.

I think people who make a huge deal about how someone wants to refer to themselves as is just as hyperbolic as the people they complain about.

I have to agree with this.

Think you're a female in a male body is no different from thinking you're a famous figure or something, just less extreme.

Fact of the matter is, males and females have a different biology, your brain makeup, your hormones, all the things that make you "you" are impacted by your chromosomes etc.

So you might feel like you're a woman in a man's body, but you're a male who has no means of understanding any aspect of the female experience. Because you developed, from day one, as a male.

I'm not offended at all, just pointing out that your attitude is detrimental to your goal.
Having said that, give me he facts, recommend me a good read about genderqueer and non-binary issues. Enlighten me.

I'm not talking about a persons biology, I'm talking about their preference. If you're born a blond and change your hair to brown, I'm fine with calling a dyed hair brunette a brunette. You'd be triggered, except you won't cause you're comfortable with hair colors and uncomfortable with balls touching.

everyone on Sup Forums is a faggot, faggot.

Youre not wrong faggot

Really stupid analogy. They're a person who died their hair. I don't care about what people "prefer" to be called; I care what they are.

But as of now I prefer to be called Daddy. So call me that from now on.

I agree with the point you're trying to make, though I see "trap" as just another slur just as bad as the n word. But also, I see transwomen as women, and transmen as men. Not a bad analysis overall though.

>there are 4 genders
>male, female, obvious male tranny, convincing male trap
FTFY

any feminine boys in this thread?

that is true faggot

>Someone who dyes their hair pink, where's make up and says they're genderfluid or some bullshit can fuck right off. Trans people have been around for a while now, these fucking twits have really only recently been popping up in the 2010s.

OP here, we can surely agree on that,

Part of me says mental illness accepted by the sjws. The other, maybe some mental, physiological mutation. Hey, it's not like they are drawing disability if mentally ill. Unless they have some other illness. I don't want any public money going toward it.

eh, those that suffer from special snowflake retardation syndrome can just go and die in a hole if you ask me, i dont want to be reminded of the amount of bullshit they produce.

if people willingly want to mutilate their bodies to be something they think they are then sure, go for it but dont bother me with it.

it's supposed to make them feel better about themselves and yet its always about what other people think/say/do.

pretty much caused this whole acceptance anti shaming bullshit and now everyone is expected to be ok with whatever gender binary queer bullshit people can come up with and if you dont then you're the biggest racist on the planet.

tldr trans, if it makes u feel better about urself, fine by me but dont come to me with ppl not accepting it.
anything other than male/female is mental illness

Wanting a name on an anonymous board is for faggots, so I'm not surprised daddy, nor do I give a duck what you want. I don't give a shot what anyone prefers, you do and its evidenced by how much this whole,thing triggers you. But youll never admit it cause deep down you're either an insecure faggot or a secret clock sucker who will learn who you really are in your 50s and a truck stop bathroom.

this thread sucks

Pic related is actually a guy trying to be a girl. Hint, 2 genders. Men try to be women. Women trying to be men. These faggots that say there are more than 2 genders are fucking autistic because all their retarded examples are either women trying to be men or vice versa. They're not trying to create a new gender, it's all the same. It'd be like them trying to think of a new color. Impossible bullshit.

Biology =/= Identity

To steal from a previous faggots in this thread, my grandfather thinks he's someone he's not, as far as I'm concerend he's a 94 year old astronaut cause that's what he thinks he is.

In my opinion gender is biological, you're born with a penis or vagina. I never understood this psychological thing about "not feeling like their born gender", i never "felt" i was a boy its just something i know because of my penis. If you produce more than normal amounts of the opposites hormones its still a biological problem that affects your view on yourself. But idk who the fuck am i.