When will the retarded streaming meme die?

When will the retarded streaming meme die?

When will the 'streaming is bad' meme die?

Never because streaming is bad.

You have yet to give a reason why.

>Inb4 it's because they don't have some obscure bandcamp artist someone likes

Once a large enough force will come along to make downloading music / physical copies more convenient for people that just want to listen to music for the sake of music.
That sounds really unlikely though, so it's probably best for us all to wish streaming just stops sucking.

Streaming:
>easy
>cheap
>accessible

Why would it die

spotifee is shite becuz of the song limit that keeps me from listening to all my bad leaked albums, and yes i need to listen to all my albums in FLAC, so what if i listen to all my music in my car's shitty speakers

>Once a large enough force will come along to make downloading music / physical copies more convenient for people that just want to listen to music for the sake of music.

Apple still makes iPods.

It's not easy, cheap, or accessible.

If you think 10 a month is 'expensive' or too much money I don't know what the hell to tell ya.

>Rather pay money and kill your phone battery than download any music you want for free and put it on an MP3 player

>Rather waste space on an mp3 instead of having quick access to millions of songs
>Doesn't know what a portable charger is
>Thinking he has to have the screen on for Spotify to work since playing music doesn't kill battery.

>Download an app
>Type something
>Hit play
>Music plays

considering most people still can't wrap their heads around torrenting, I'm willing to bet this is both easy and accessible

the iPod exists, yeah, but streaming is still more convenient for most people than taking the time out of their day to download and sync a bunch of shit for future use. as proven by the fact that most people stream music instead of downloadit. like i said, we either need a more streamlined easy infrastructure for downloading (that is 1. as cheap as streaming, and 2. as legal) or streaming just needs to get better. the latter is much simpler.

Storage is cheap my friend

I've never had issues with youtube, what exactly is the point of spotify?

It's 10 fucking dollars, dude. Some anti spotify people (not you necessarily) act like it's giving away their first born.

If you're comparing it to something like using an mp3 player and mp3 files, fuck yes it is.

>Accessible
MP3: I want to listen to an album. First I have to buy the album (or pirate the album, which can be easy but still takes more time and is something the average music listener doesn't want to put up with). Then you have to plug in your MP3 player and load the files onto it.

Streaming: I want to listen to an album. I open my streaming app, look up the album, hit download. Done.

>Cheap
MP3: You have to pay for individual albums, which on average are 7-12 dollars. Sure you can pirate the album, but that still hurts the easy/accessible arguments.

Streaming: I pay 10 bucks a month for my Spotify premium account. You can pay something like 15 for a family account, which includes 5 accounts.

>Easy
This is kinda the same as accessible desu. Regardless, the entire process of listening to music is easier when using a streaming service. If I want to listen to something I just search it and download it on my phone. If I was using MP3 with an MP3 player I'd have to purchase it on my computer and then load it to my phone. You could buy it on your phone if that is what you are using as your MP3 player but still, you have to spend enough money to subscribe to an unlimited streaming service for a month for the album before you can download it and listen to it.

It's by far the most convenient option. Kys

>youtube

What has Sup Forums become

>1. as cheap as streaming
This is literally the only thing for me. I pay $10 a month for Tidal and just find the shit that's not on it where I can. If music purchasing services dropped this absurd "$10-$15 per album" nonsense and actually came up with a pricing scheme that reflects reality, I would be 100% on board with downloading. Give me a service that still allows me to stream for like $5-$10 a month but also gives me the option to download full albums in the highest possible quality for $1 a piece.

This. What the fuck.

>as cheap as streaming,
How is free not cheaper than streaming?
>download and sync
Takes 2 minutes at most.

real niggas rock with that spotify-dogfood apk

>b-but it has all the nightcore and tropical house remixes i luv!

> a service that still allows me to stream for like $5-$10 a month but also gives me the option to download full albums in the highest possible quality for $1 a piece.

>Spotify is 9.99 a month and can download albums in full quality without a $1 fee

Seconded.

The songs aren't actually yours, as they're kept on their servers. Meaning, if you're not logged into your account, you can't listen to your stuff. They don't allow you to transfer the music files over.

It's LITERALLY yours because you payed for it, but they still won't let you move them to wherever you want. They're LITERALLY robbing you.

>2 minutes at most
First of all, this is a gross exaggeration. It takes anywhere from 5-10 minutes to download and sync an album.
Even if it did take two minutes, downloading an album on Spotify takes literally 10 seconds and you don't have to have a computer.

No, I want to be able to download them and own them fully so I can put them on a personal MP3 player and such, not just save them for offline use.

When did Sup Forums become so cucked?

>It takes anywhere from 5-10 minutes to download and sync an album.

Where the fuck do you live that your internet's that slow? Holy shit.

>The songs aren't actually yours,
I'm sure when people who use streaming services care about owning over access they'll let you know.

>Using cuck to try to win an argument
Wow you are desperate.

But streaming supports the artist when pirating doesn't

>portable charger
At that point you should just buy an MP3 player.

Sup Forums used to hate streaming. I don't know exactly when the paradigm shifted, but it's one of the reasons it's worse now.

I agree that would be nicer, but from a business standpoint this is unsustainable. What would stop someone from signing up for a month, downloading as much as they can for $1 an album and then just unsubscribing from the service?

I'm not just talking about the download time. I'm talking about searching for a good link, clicking download, dragging the files into iTunes or whatever you use, plugging your phone/mp3 player in, syncing it up.

>Download an app
That kills your phone battery.

You have to download the app once wtf

>But streaming supports the artist
You think your two cents is genuine support?

Is there any streaming services that let you download the music and transfer it?

You don't have enough time in your day for 10-20 minutes?

0.02 is still better than 0.00

>considering most people still can't wrap their heads around torrenting

there's so many websites out there though
you don't even need to torrent

>240 songs
>all thanks to mp3juices
Everything that doesn't follow the YouTube --> laptop --> phone/mp3 player format IS HOMOSEXUAL

Having the app opens kills the battery.

It's better than stealing from them

bringing piracy into the mix is different then, because then you're dealing with fucking cave beasts who don't know how to tag metadata properly if their caribou depended on it. downloading an album takes 5 minutes at the most, fixing the metadata takes another 5, why would i spend 10 minutes setting up a single album when i could just pay $10 a month to have a nice experience without as much retarded buffer between me and actually listening to the music i want? once again, a matter of convenience

I do both

Do you listen to one album a day?

What happens when your streaming services don't have the music you're looking for?

Buy it on CD/cassette/Vinyl

>Buy it on CD/cassette/Vinyl

then at that point i pirate it. like i said in the 4th post in this thread, streaming isn't perfect, and as listeners it's more feasible & possible to want streaming to be better than it is to fundamentally change the dynamic between downloading and streaming, because streaming is, at its core more convenient. not perfect, but better enough to be what i primarily use.

When something more convenient comes along?

I pirate digital copies to try music out and then buy either the vinyl or CD if I like it, and I don't REEE about streaming. What's your excuse?

When a service comes around thats better

>I pirate digital copies to try music out and then buy either the vinyl or CD if I like it, and I don't REEE about streaming. What's your excuse?

I made a thread on Sup Forums earlier and got attacked when I said streaming was stupid.

Spotify is great for listening to music for the first time or exploring new artists and genres without waiting for a download etc. It's also pretty great for sharing music with normies who don't download it.

But I still prefer to use an mp3 player and download music (or rip it from a CD). Nothing beats owning music. I'm not begotten to a server who can take it away at any time, I don't need an internet connection to play it. I love actually "owning" my music. There's a special comfort in that. Spotify is great for certain things but it'll never replacement the music collection on my hard drive.

I also fucking hate their interface.

I guess streaming is convenient when you want to just listen to new music, but on that go? No.
I use Apple Music on my laptop to see if I like an album, and if I do I download it online.

i don't want to waste my fucking data

we must kill all poorfags

no

offline function

>I got attacked

Good because Streaming is good and saying it isn't is stupid as fuck.

>pay 10 dollars a month to download music instead of just torrenting it
???

>mp3
>mp3
>mp3
>MP3
>MP3

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU SAME FAGGING MP3 LOVING FUCKING FAGGOT

I bet you listen to soundcloud
Unless you're into obscure electronic or rap
go fuck your mother and listen to albums on spotify or youtube- instead of garbage popular edm and mumble trash on soundcloud
GOD I HOPE SOUNDCLOUD DIES!

newfag fuck off

I'm not spending the time looking for Flac downloads when I don't have the proper audio gear. 320kbps serves me fine.

> 67 replies
> 21 posters

I am correct somewhere

kek

Youtube is alive & well you dumbasses

>spend time looking for a good torrent
>can't find a 320kbps torrent
>can't find torrent with any seeds
>finally find something only to see all the tags are inaccurate garbage
>no album art
>manually have to load them onto phone

vs

>open app
>press play

wow, it's like there's one objectively better method... really makes me think...

Nice ad-hominem.

>People actually ending their sub because a private company decided to remove shitty nazi music from their service

epic

look up the definition of ad hom and try thinking for once

i'm attacking your opinion, not you

I have utorrent installed on my phone, and I'd still rather look for a torrent than pay 10 dollars for something useless, I've been downloading music from the internet all my life, I don't mind

i doubt that will affect the bottom line at all.

Finding 320kbps torrents is easy if you're not retarded.

It's not useless because I pay for the convenience of it.

>hear about band
>entire discography is seconds away
>related artists
>all their music is literally right there

plus it's $5 with a student email.

If Spotify has every artist you could ever want to listen to, then you're a massive pleb. Why would any serious music listener trap themselves a limited library like that?

Not if there isn't any seeds.

Not worth my time, i'd rather listen to music.

>using spotify magically stops you from torrents or using soundcloud

??????????????

You could also check the archive.

What is slsk? What is the archive? What are mega and direct downloads?

Streaming:
0.02 cents per play sounds low but if you are getting paid every play that would add up like fuck. Less people buy individual songs and once the song is bought by one person the potential for that song to make more money off of the person who bought it.

Not interested in paying someone who didn't make the music I like so I can listen to the music I like. Same reason I don't buy music in general (distribution eats up a lot of what I pay). I give them money in person. I listen to things I like and most of those aren't on Spotify or whatever. Also, the format of streaming is bad for the music industry because anything not available on the service essentially doesn't exist to its userbase - who only listen to thing they ready know which is almost exclusively bands who are either long broken up or dead.

why would download music just so you can play it through a shitty program like Spotify? Not to mention all the horrible remasters they have from older albums. I'd rather have control over that stuff.

it's actually closer to 0.0007 cents

refresh fool

Its not a matter of having enough time. I could spend 10-20 minutes downloading and syncing or I could spend 1 minute doing the same thing on Spotify. Why would I not choose the more convenient option?

>manually have to load them onto phone
get a computer asshole.

Most streaming music services allow you to upload your library to their cloud nowadays.

The alternative is to buy an mp3 player but most mp3 players have shit capacity (like 15 to 30 gb). If you have a library exceeding that size (and you probably do) then streaming seems like the best option to me.

I guess there are some mp3 players now that have sd card slots so that you could bypass the typical low storage capacity restriction. But streaming music services give you access to your library plus more.

THIS

it's actually a shit service

If an artist can get their music on Spotify either they're absolute shit or they use samples from other artists and they can get them cleared to sell the songs.

I use a player with 32gb max card size and I just take stuff off and put other stuff on whenever I feel like it. It's not like I'm going to listen to all of it in the same day, plus having a huge library on a player makes it harder to scroll through and pick something because there are too many options to be dealing with while I walk down the road.
I download things in the background while I use my computer, takes literally 2 minutes of my day to search it and later make sure it's properly tagged. If something that simple seems difficult then you might have a brain disorder.