Is there any Joy Division I need to hear besides the studio albums?

I used to listen to them a ton and recently picked them back up, just wondering what I'm missing and the best way to pick them all up

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=18DkWB5LvVc
youtube.com/watch?v=LaiOgToofBo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get the Substance and Still compilations and you're pretty much done
The early Warsaw compilation is worth checking out if you want more, as are the live albums, but they're unessential

Listen to Substance. Still and An Ideal for Living are decent but inessential. Their album as Warsaw is interesting but not much more. Also listen to New Order's first album, Movement, as that's basically the third Joy Division LP minus Ian.

Live recordings, like the official releases of The Complete BBC Recordings, Preston 28 February 1980, and Les Baines Douches. Also the bootleg of Paradiso 1980 is absolutely essential.

Prett y much this
Or, alternatively...
Hear And Soul Box Set (the cover art is retarded as fuck and pisses me off because every other JD album cover is cool as fuck)

The Heart and Soul box does have a couple of tracks from Still missing, so pick that up as well if you go this route

The 2007 remasters of Unknown Pleasures and Closer both have addition discs with really good live shows.

Les Baines Douches sucks, and I cannot believe that they chose that particular show for an official release when there are several other much better sets.

They'll tell you "this live one" or "this comp with this version number 10 of blah blah blah" but all you need besides the studio album is basically Substance

youtube.com/watch?v=18DkWB5LvVc
this entire album is better than any studio release

Just do what Hooky does and blame Bernard.

There isnt any joy division anyone needs to hear. Let's be realistic, their best album is trash.

Shit opinion hang yourself

Reuinion when

As soon as Ian unties himself.

They all want to do it, Ian is the only hang up in preventing it

Ever had to pee so bad that you just go ahead and piss all over your own legacy?

youtube.com/watch?v=LaiOgToofBo
best joy division song coming through

Sorry, boring ass two chords songs aren't made better just because the lead singer is a cut rate morissey

Even if I were to accept your premise, in what world is the number of chords used in a song an objective measure of their worth?

Shit chart because it doesn't include New Order - Substance

Way to include their absolute worst live album, numbnuts.

If there's any reason to bring Ian back it's to give us a proper recording and release of this.

>Les Baines Douches is their worst
I've never heard such a terrible opinion.

Second half is unlistenable. Find the ULU remastered live instead.