Why is this country so fucking terrible at any sports of merit?

Why is this country so fucking terrible at any sports of merit?

Other urls found in this thread:

ballislife.com/lebron-james-is-the-most-popular-social-media-celebrity-in-china-kobe-8/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So what you mean is soccer

wtf I hate America now

Soccer, rugby and cricket are objectively the sports of the world and America is objectively horrible at them, so much so that they made up meme versions of two of them that no one else gives a shit about.

baseball came first

>pleasewatchoursport(s).au talking about "sports of the world"

fuck off cunt

Lmao

The US is fine at soccer, we tend to do a decent job at the World Cup.

Isn't the U.S. women's soccer team one of the most dominant out there?

So I've heard.

>rugby

Played seriously by only the Kiwis and South Africans, nations that are objectively terrible at every other sport in existence. Oh, and I guess Wales. Lol.

>England

Darts is probably more popular over there.

>Cricket

The ICC membership list looks a Red Cross list of nations to feed. When starving Pakis and Indians are among the best of the best, you know your sport is lacking competition.

I wouldn't know, I don't follow that garbage sport Tbh

kek

BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT

HOW THE FUCK WILL THE ANGLOSPHERE RECOVER??!?!?!!?

South Africa is in the top 4 cricket nations, even with racial quotas.
You can make fun of the countries that play cricket all you like, but that doesn't change the fact that it's objectively the second largest sport in the world, even without any European interest in it.

IT'S JUST NOT FAIR BROS

Poorpetually pooper poorturbed poopeelian, poo peelander and shit poofrican poofters on eternal literally poorius damage control and pooicide watch.

we're great at baseball, and at least somewhat decent at soccer

dont even need to mention the olympics

>women's

OP specified "sports of merit"

>but that doesn't change the fact that it's objectively the second largest sport in the world

Ping Pong is probably the 4th most popular because of the Chink factor. So?

That Indian/Pakistan/Bangladeshi region is the most unathletic region in human history, so even while the pure numbers are large due to population, the talent pool is shit.

>That Indian/Pakistan/Bangladeshi region
Also known as "the Indian Subcontinent" you illiterate fuck.

Pakistanis are athletic
>Ping pong
One country. Cricket is played in every inhabited continent.

baseball is played in japan, which is the most important thing
it's really the only measure of patrician sports taste

Basketball is now the 2nd biggest sport in the world. Aussies who think Poorpaddle's "India" factor push it above are living in the 00s.

China's domestic basketball league will draw 200 million on television. And 400 million people play the game there recreationally.

>unironically being a weeb

KEK.

K. E. K.

Rugby is nowhere to be found. Is that accurate?

>Pakistanis are athletic

How many gold medals have they won at the Olympics?

>Olympics

Okay.

How many major tennis titles? Best world cup finish?

>basing a list on an assumption that everyone in a country watches a sport
Hmm

Pakistan have only ever bothered with field hockey and cricket, you're never going to see their best athletes play tennis, soccer or some kind of athletics.

Yeah. Kiwis and Aussies vastly overrate the "relevance" of rugby.

>The Putting Rugby First report found 97 per cent of the abovementioned 33 million came from New Zealand, Australia and South Africa, the four home nations and France. Fewer than one million tuned in from the IRB's other member nations - which number well over 100 - and include Japan, Argentina and the Pacific Islands. By extension, this capped the possible audience dramatically, even if records are set in the 'big eight' countries.

The big eight countries have a population size of about 220 million.

Poominder

SPORTS DISCUSSION

ON Sup Forums

Australians never pretend rugby union is popular, it's the fourth most followed sport here at the most

Eight large countries that follow a sport is still more than what can be said of American football, baseball or even basketball.

Medals Per Capita

>every american instantly triggered the fuck out

Our most played sport, AFL, is basically like America's NFL.

It's only played in one country. If we didn't have AFL with it's massive rosters taking all the best young athletes we would be atleast USA tier divegrass.

China loves basketball. They inflate its interest global interest numbers just like India does with cricket.

It's why Lebron is a bigger global name than Tenderwhatever.

ballislife.com/lebron-james-is-the-most-popular-social-media-celebrity-in-china-kobe-8/

The US literally wins this every single year. Get Gud rest of world

AFL is big in PNG and several Pacific islands

Thank you for your paragraphs, but how does this disprove my post?

>Weighted by Country Size

Are you clinically retarded?

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

>baseball or even basketball.

Baseball (aside from the US where it's a top 3 sport):

Japan: ~120 million
Mexico: 120 million
South Korea: 50 million
Venezuela: 30 million
Taiwan: 20 million
Cuba: 11 million
Dominican Republic: 11 million
Puerto Rico: 3.5 million

Arguably a top 3 sport in Canada, as well.

Basketball:

China: 1.6 billion
Spain: 46 million
France: 66 million
Serbia, Lithuania, Croatia, Slovenia: 15 million

Yeah that's nice but you haven't disproved anything I've said

Fuck off back to redit, Euroboo

It's funny how americans fellate asian countries when it suits them.

When it doesn't, they call them subhumans who don't count.

No. You are.

Countries with massive population sizes shouldn't be able to inflate the "globalness" of any sport.

By your shit population=relevance logic, American football is a top 5 global sport because of the massive following it has in the 3rd largest country in the world.

Except it isn't mate

>Yeah that's nice but you haven't disproved anything I've said

You've never made a point nor argument.

Was this main premise of your argument?

>basing a list on an assumption that everyone in a country watches a sport

Do you understand that those rankings are based on things like attendance, television ratings, and social media interest?

What other metrics are there? You can't use "participation," because then something like running would be the most popular sport in the world.

Why does Jamaica shit out so many medals? I thought everyone there was on drugs and brandy

Can you read? Do you not understand what "weighted by country size" means? Were you lobotomised as a child?

man how shrivelled does your dick get knowing nobody outside of america cares about your sport?

Tallying up the total populations of countries is fucking retarded because NOT ALL of them are ever going to be watching said sports. Only a fraction are, and an uncertain one based on popularity.
The only number that matters is the number of people watching.

>Were you lobotomised as a child?

I think you were.

They aren't talking about geographical area.

As for the formula they use, I have no clue, but I assume it's trying to balance the amount of countries that follow a sport with how big those countries are population wise, e.g. a sport that is followed by 10 countries with a total pop of 50 million is more "global" than Ping Pong, because the latter's billion followers come from one country.

>They aren't talking about a geographical area

Of fucking course they're not, Jesus you're fucking retarded. Not going to bother reading any more of this drivel.

I look forward to your furious reply which, as stated earlier, I will not be reading.

>As for the formula they use

There is no formula you congenitally defected inbred they just lumped total populations together it's fucking stupid to use as an argument for anything

>biggest global sport
>nfl

1 country. wew.

Baseball is legit, Ice Hockey is legit, Basketball is legit.

But NFL. No.

>NOT ALL of them are ever going to be watching said sports. Only a fraction are, and an uncertain one based on popularity.
>The only number that matters is the number of people watching.

Jesus. Those rankings are taking into consideration television ratings and attendance.

If they were just rating it by population size without reference to any kind of viewership or attendance metrics, than ping pong would show up because it's the most popular sport in a 1.6 billion sized country.

they are very good at running which has like 10+ different medals.
similar to burgers and swimming.

>There is no formula you congenitally defected inbred they just lumped total populations together it's fucking stupid to use as an argument for anything

Lol. No they didn't.

If they did, then where the fuck is ping pong, you Paki dipshit (and I know you're paki with how you raged at me not calling that region the Indian subcontinent)?

>I first had the idea to create this list when looking around the web for any data on the world's biggest sports. Lots of websites offered lists of the biggest global sports but these were mostly either not based on data or based on very ropey data. For example field hockey is often referenced in the top 5 largest global sports based on fans (because of India), despite India's fans not being able to support a full professional league, whilst the world's best field hockey players earn less in a year than some other sportsmen do in a day.

You can apologize now.

And no, I'm saying his formula or methods are perfect, but it's a better attempt than just saying, "Well, field hockey is popular in a country with a billion people, therefore=popular.

>I'm saying

*I'm not saying

>and I know you're paki with how you raged at me not calling that region the Indian subcontinent
Are Americans actually this ignorant about the world they inhabit that they:
a) think a paki would want to call it the Indian subcontinent; and
b) they don't already know it's called the Indian subcontinent?

Sorry friend, but it's just not a mission in life for me to learn the ways of the Paki.

>arguing with anyone south of the equator

its not worth it lads, theyre literally retarded af lmao

Lol no it isn't you lying faggot.

Also rules the olympics and literally every other sport besides the one thats for shitty poor countries.
Looking at you soccer.

Yes it is, rugby league, AFL and cricket are PNG's national sports in that order

t. lived in Port Moresby for two years

Gotta love BIG STRONG AMERIBULLS

>ameriswims

B T F O
T
F
O

>The ICC membership list looks a Red Cross list of nations to feed.
Nice shot.

>this flag
>this post

There's no shame in admiring a good quip 2bh. I might steal it if I ever have cause to insult cricket.

america can't even compete in its national pass time (baseball) with a tiny country the DR, the rest of the world for that matter

>The ICC membership list looks a Red Cross list of nations to feed. When starving Pakis and Indians are among the best of the best, you know your sport is lacking competition.
top fucking kek

Except we punch way above our weight in soccur.
>we made the World cup round of 16 with our backline consisting of timmy chandler, omar gonzalez, and geoff cameron

>athletics
Did they just combine a bunch of individual sports into one category to make the results look better for the Olympics?

They are on drugs...

>soccer
oh wow user, the rest of the world is obsess with an objectively boring sport so America should be too?
no thanks

>rugby
>cricket
Absolutely australian post

BTFO

I'm from Sup Forums, I could never speak against Japan. Fuckers practically raised me.

Because this qualifies as a sport
>NFL: An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to
> a mere 11 minutes.

And so does this
>Baseball: Over at the Wall Street Journal, they took a stop-watch to three MLB games of varying overall length and found that the average three-hour game includes less than 18 minutes of actual baseball action.

America has the only sports where fat people are considered professional athletes.

>watching baseball intently
You're supposed to drink as it happens in the background.

Yea I've realized this with most American sports.

You guys are pretty good at boxing. Historically, always have been.

Any sport that Indians are good at doesn't deserve to be called a sport desu.

I haven't seen a bomb dropped that hard since Hiroshima

>Paki paddle
>relevant

There's no logical reason to consider cricket and rugby materially more popular than basketball and baseball. All of them are niche.

Soccer, tennis and golf are really the only globally pervasive sports

You left out Philippines Greece and Turkey

>Retards still post this NFL playing time stuff thinking it's legit
Very quick way to spot retards

t. poo in loo

East Asia >>>>>>>>>>> South Asia

>Philippines Greece and Turkey

American football, baseball, and basketball are followed by 100% of countries that actually fucking matter which is more than can be said of soccer, rugby, or that baseball knockoff with the flat bats

>all these fellow countrymen falling for easy bait

Those sports are followed slightly in Canada so that invalidates your premise.

>The ICC membership list looks a Red Cross list of nations to feed

>Cuba
>Venezuela
>the Dominican Republic
>Colombia

Ah yes, how very relevant.