Fucking up the rules this badly

>Fucking up the rules this badly
JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Adrian_ElTitan/status/841192043263086593
twitter.com/mediotiempo/status/841201524516761600
usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/03/13/mexico-venezuela-world-baseball-classic-tiebreaker-protest/99114100
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what sort of tievreaking criteria do you want pham

JUST MEME MY TOURNAMENT UP FÅM

Holy shit
>memexico

Just end me already

>Just end me already

Don't think it's official yet. It's the Venezuelan federation claiming they're in.

ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS LET TWO RUNS SCORE

I'm watching the live news. Seems like they are switching and confirming it's Venezuela vs Italy tomorrow

The WBC has already retracted the statement of retraction

So I don't know what the fuck is going on

WBC deleted all their twitter posts. What a joke. At least team Italian-American knows they are playing? Or do they?

Yeah we all know it's Italy vs someone

are there any caps of the twitter posts?

It's almost 3am guys , wtf is going on?

If it's Venezuela vs Italy in Mexico it might end bad. Best to take the game to San Diego

WBC's last tweet is talking about the bottom of the 9th

What they need to do is have Mexico play Venezuela again tonight and the winner play Italy tomorrow
The Pool D runner-up's first game is Wednesday

ESPN is saying that it's almost confirmed that Venezuela goes on, but that it's likely that Mexico impeach the results

This will never end!

MLB Network right now reporting it will be Venezuela, and they got some goober I've never heard of on explaining the ruling.

mexico thought they were through, venezuela thought they were done

if they had just gone with that it would have been fine, there might have been some backlash from venezuela but nothing near this level

just embarrassing

THANK YOU BASED BASEBALL

WBC BUILT A WALL

shit they might want to play without a crowd tomorrow, the mexican fans will not be happy

tfw rules are rules

seriously, who's bright idea was it to use runs allowed per inning as a fucking tie breaker?

>MLB wants us to take THIS seriously

The sheer number of Mexicans being classless at this game in Jalisco is going to be out of control

I can't wait to post my entire Trump folder

what a fucking embarrassment

It's going to be glorious

Isn't the mercy rule an option at the WBC? what if a team uses the mercy rule and as a result gets knocked out because of a higher allowed runs per inning?

what the actual fuck is with these rules

What do they use in the college world series pool play?
Why can't we just use that?

>Mexico edges Venezuela, misses out on tiebreaker

disgusting

this is total bullshit, mexico had a -4 run differential overall and a +1 run differential between the tied teams

venezuela had a -12 run differential overall and -1 between the tied teams

and venezuela goes through

GIVE THEM ANOTHER GAME

Simple solution for the next WBC:

Dump the pools, go to brackets. Single elimination.

yes, blowouts will happen but the good teams will filter themselves out and by the final 4, the games will be amazing. Plus, you don't have to rely on arbitrary stats as tiebreakers.

It worked for the Japanese, just look at the success of Koshien.

Single elimination is dumb
Double elimination is better a la college world series

Baseball is the absolute worst sport for single elimination
Just do double

Anyone cares to explain what exactly is going on?

t. I have never seen a baseball game in my life and I am not following this

mlb being punished for incredibly vague rules

The WBC used a weird stat to determine the outcome of the game

even though Mexico beat Venezuela, Venezuela will move on because of this strange stat.

What if a cartel Green lights tomorrow's game?

The fuck, is there any way Mexico goes through anyway? Like if they pull a hidden stat out of their ass like less defensive innings played or some shit

nope. its in the rule book, they use this specific stat to tiebreak.

Mexico is officially out

Italy plays Venezuela tomorrow.

The call that destroyed Mexico

the wording of the rule was pretty vague to be fair, but yeah

>divided by the number of innings (including partial innings) played in defense

the bigger problem is that these rules lead to stupid shit like having to let the other team tie on purpose to try to win by more the next inning, having to maybe win by two in the bottom of the 9th but the game would end on the first run unless it's a homer, having to win by 14 but the game ends at a 10 run lead thanks to the mercy rule. It's incredibly stupid

double elimination needs to come back

if it was a wbc official who told them this then we'd have a problem also, but if it was just some coach then no.

twitter.com/mediotiempo/status/841201524516761600

he's saying that they asked the MLB many times before the game to clarify the rules because it was so unclear and they didn't respond. He said it was MLB who told them they needed to win by 2 but then dodged the question when asked who specifically from MLB told them that

This is Mexico´s and WBC´s fault but Italy and Venezuela will pay for it tomorrow

Was meme magic involved?

Can I get quick run down on what's happening and there appears to be a shitstorm? Baseball babby here.

>group stage
>Mexico vs Venezuela
>Mexico wins
>3 of 4 teams are 1-2
>because there's a 3-way tie, there's an elimination game to be played between 2 of the teams
>Italy to be one of the teams no matter what
>tiebreaker for who gets to play in that game determined in one of the worst ways possible
>Mexico played the last third of the game thinking if the score stayed the same they would move on to the elimination game
>in reality, Venezuela would be the team going to the elimination game
>nobody knows what the fuck is happening
>mass confusion, both Mexico and Venezuela told they would advance
>WBC is confused and deletes a bunch of tweets
>WBC finally figured out what's going on and determined it would be Venezuela vs Italy

tl;dr shit's fucked

Sounds like disorganized beaner chaos. Wonderful.

alright here goes nothing

Basically there was a really vague rule about a tiebreaking situation. Before the game mexico was apparently told by MLB that they just needed to win by at least 2 runs, they ended up winning by exactly 2 runs so they were happy and celebrating that they were through and venezuela was out. The broadcast and commentators all thought the same thing, all the fans (game was in mexico) as well, even the official tournament twitter sent out a couple tweets congratulating mexico.

Then about a half hour later news started to trickle in that it was in fact mexico who is eliminated and venezuela going through, apparently everyone had been misinterpreting the rule. (not everyone, a few anons in the gamethread were saying it all along). But naturally there was an outrage by the mexican fans and by fans in general on the horrible tournament organization and vague rules.

the official WBC twitter kept on posting and deleting tweets about what actually happened for a couple hours and no one really knew exactly what was going on for a while, WBC itself likely had no idea what the fuck was going on until they ironed it out an hour after the game, which also happened to be about 3am local time. They had been posting conflicting tweets about the current tiebreak scenario during the game as well, they had no idea what they were doing.

there's a lot more to it about the tiebreaking rule being incredibly stupid in the first place, you probably wouldn't understand if you don't know baseball though. Basically it's really fucking dumb though and could have easily led to teams giving up runs on purpose and other shit like that. Just a fucking awful tiebreak, mexico had the better run differential and same record as the two teams above them yet somehow ended up last place thanks to it

anyway, now mexico is out and venezuela plays a a play in game in about 15 hours and the mexican fans at the stadium are probably going to riot

>the mexican fans at the stadium are probably going to riot

lol, I haven't even thought about this. I bet there are going to be laser pointers, "AYE PUTO" chants and even a few piss bags thrown

What a fucking shit show, thanks for taking the time to write that out.

>Win
>Have a great record
>get eliminated
kek

the bottom of the ninth
Mexico should deliberately 2Runs Allowed and draw
There was a possibility if it was an tiebreak

What's the point of this thing.
It's only US and Japan essentially.
Everyone else are Americans or vassal states of America

>win
>don't get mercied
>let in less runs to best team in group
>have better run differential between other 2 games
>lose because of formerly unexplained tiebreaker that affects you because you lost a game in the 9th
>team that got mercied passes
That's bullshit

Cartels are reportedly looking for Joe Torre and Osuna

Rip

Cartels don't give a shit about baseball.

Don't forget Dominicans and Puerto Rican, but yeah those are the final 4.

the mexicans when this happened

NO ERA ELIMINACIÓN

I thought the WBC was a complete joke until they meme hard on memexico

now i am a fan

>Can't win World Cup
>Yet they call their national championship the 'World Series'

Americans, ladies and gentlemen

This is what happens when you try to force games to be shorter.

usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/03/13/mexico-venezuela-world-baseball-classic-tiebreaker-protest/99114100

> An 11-9 victory over Venezuela left Mexico with the same record - 1-2 - as Italy and the Venezuelans. But the latter two teams will play a tiebreaking game tonight in Guadalajara because the Venezuelans edged Mexico in the tiebreaker - defensive runs allowed per inning. The margin couldn't have been slimmer - 1.11 to 1.12.

So who actually runs the WBC?

Is it run by MLB?

WAKE ME UP INSIDE

This wouldn't have happened if he ran a little bit faster.

holy shit this tourney is fucking garbage

that is bullshit

Isn't MLB running this, how could they fuck up the info about tiebreaking so bad? Even divegrass has tiebreakers sorted out.

Americans can't handle ties.

Rob Manfred is a disaster

Current Commish of MLB is awful.

This is the last WBC right?

So everything's going well?

So are they giving up on this meme tournament for good after this? The players union should just shut it down desu

Tbf, it's the mexis fAults.
Wbc doesn't have to go through this shit with based Doms, P.Rs and Japs.

All this could've been avoided if Mexico didn't give a goddamn HBP RBI run

>amerishits give incredibly vague, stupid rules
>mexicans follow these rules regardless
>lol wait the rules are wrong lmao sorry
>it's somehow the mexicans' fault

might have to do with that brawl you guys got into

and you better pay for it hombre