Just finished the Remembrance of Earth's Past and i'm entering a severe depression because i have nothing to read now

Just finished the Remembrance of Earth's Past and i'm entering a severe depression because i have nothing to read now

GIVE ME SCIENCE FICTION RECOMMENDATIONS RIGHT NOW!

also we can talk about Remembrance of Earth's Past if you want

Whats it about?

Best fictional story?the Bible.

Overrated. Full of plot holes and logical inconsistencies and the writing is shite.

Brandon Sanderson is an amazing author. Mistborn and Stormlight Archive are the best.

Stranger in a strange world

it's about nearly everything
too metaphorical with no real coherent plotline
unrelatable characters
thank you i was actually just looking into Mistborn right before making this thread
i'll request it straight away

You have to be over 18 to post here m8

Its only short but try Asimov's "nightfall". It won't help with your depression, in fact it will worsen it.

I don't read books written by dirty sand niggers. They are degenerate.

I have a series. Its fantasy however. But it is so long it will fill the void for a long while.

>Malazan Book of the Fallen.

The first book, Gardens of the Moon is good but a little overwhelming. The series as a whole eis fantastic. But I have to say, book 3 is my favorite book ever. I still get Goosebumps thinking about it. Pic related.

Dune of course if you haven't read it

fuck.... it's 10 books????
i mean it's rated very highly but damn.... 10 books
well okay i'm gonna seriously consider starting it
looks like i'm gonna have to read some dinky little "breather" book before jumping into that
probably a sports biography or some normie shit like that
Dune was literally the second science fiction novel i read, Ender's Game being the first
you mean stranger in a strange land :D
ok guess i'll try and find a PDF of it since you say it's short and read it right now

Give this one a whirl

Flatlands?
Ready Player One?
Job a Comedy of Justice

Invasion America

okay i requested Gardens of the Moon
i'm getting pretty stoked, this feels like the right thing to jump into
thanks a lot, user
i tried really hard to keep reading that, but had to stop a bit further than halfway through
felt like i was reading the screenplay of a prime-time TV show airing on FOX channel 4
didn't feel any compelling vision from the book at all
ready player one looks interesting but also seems like some retro-stylized type of shit and i'm really not into that

10 books in the main series. There are spinoffs and such too. I have only read the main series. And received a hardcore post book depression afterwards. But thats how this works isn't it? I plan on reading the other stuff but my back catalog got really backed up reading this mammoth of a series.

On top of that the author co created the universe with his friend. There are several series within said universe. Malazan Book of the Fallen is how you should start though, if you are interested. I think you will like it if you liked Dune. Amazing top tier world building.

Really glad, user. Malazan was recommended to me on Sup Forums years ago.

Happy reading.

dune will allways be the best

Read the Foundation Series by Isaac Asimov?

I just finished it on Audible, shit was p nice

Also I am always recommending sci-fi/cyberpunk Neal Stephenson, anything by him is fire

I'm also taking this thread as a recommendation of Remembrance, thanks

dune is in the queue for me

Culture

Long story short, it's a boring fucking series where the author starts inventing bizarre shit whenever he gets stuck about where to take the plot or when he writes the characters into a corner.

I use Hiaasen as a breather from Sci-fi epics

speaking of sci-fi epics

A Canticle for Liebowitz
A Mote in God's Eye

Those were my last two. Both good, but Canticle was better.

the bible or remembrance? I'm considering reading one of these, pls respond

Armada by ernest cline and ready player one same author. Both grab you quick and d ont let go.

this is not entirely untrue
the series really does take deus ex machina to a whole new level
i suppose you could even argue that the entire series is ABOUT deus ex machina in the broadest possible way
i'm assuming he means remembrance
take that with a grain of salt though
even though he's undeniably somewhat correct, i still recommend it highly

A Canticle for Leibowitz

i might give it a shot, thanks

Ready Player One is an okay scifi story carrying a massive nostalgia jerk for 80s nerd kids, its pretty good, but I imagine it would have been better if i got all the references

Destination : Void

Do You mean MODERN sci-fi?

War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells is THE BEST
fucking sci fic I ever read. All the Jules Verne is great too,particularily The Mysterious Island

I dunno dude. Sanderson is super fucking Christian and his novels all tread-water in a very boring and banal kind of PG or PG-13 universe.

SciFi isn't always my cup of tea, but the part I like best about it is it doesn't have to play by societal rules. And whenever I read Sanderson I just feel like I'm back in Sunday school.

Overrated is a huge fucking way. Just finished this book. I very much grok its fullness. It does not deserve its place in the pantheon of great SciFi.

>SCIENCE FICTION RECOMMENDATIONS
Neal Stephenson

It's still still enjoyable despite it's flaws.

Yep, a true literary classic. God damn beautiful.

LeGuin's Left Hand of Darkness is also an amazing storytelling and world-building feat. If you're a Sup Forumstarded alt-righter you'll hate it, but it tells a pretty fucking great parable about gender norms and relations wrapped in a super cool adventure story.

my brother, who is of good taste in my opinion, also recommended me this work.

Foundation series by the late great Isaac Asimov if you like a cerebral read. Not a lot of action here. He also has a few volumes of short stories if your so interested afterward.

Martian Chronicles if you like a societal critique

In the dust of this planet

There are professional/academic reviewed lists that give you some fleshed out abstracts of series/novels. You could solicit their reactions instead of trusting the Neet and Mongoloid societal hub of the planet.

City of Saints and Madmen. Pretentious bullshit, with mushroom people

beat ya to it :)

Sirius by Olaf Stapledon

give it a miss if the idea of a genetically
enhanced herd dog having an inter species
romantic affair with his human sister is likely to trigger you in any way

The Fall of Hyperion also required reading as the first book just dead end cliffhangers

well damn
sounds like you just introduced me to my fap material for the upcoming week

Just wondering, of all of Heinlein, why Job?
I love that book, but I love everyting by Heinlein.

they're pretty hit and miss, but Player of Games and Hydrogen Sonata were astounding

Stapledon actually one of the great English Philosophers. Book from late fourties or early fifties

that was Heinlein's most popular, but definitely not his best. try The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress

Neal Stephenson: snow crash, diamond age, seveneves;
Robert Heinlein: the moon is a harsh mistress, citizen of the galaxy, time enough for love
Isaac Asimov: foundation, caves of steel,
nemesis

John Scalzi: old mans war, redshirts, the god engines;
Gene Wolfe: book of the new sun
Octavia Butler: parable of the talents, parable of the sower, bloodchild

Nights Dawn Trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton

John Steakley: armor;
Margaret Atwood: handmaids tale;
Stanislaw Lern: solaris;
Poul Anderson: the boat of a million years, tau zero, brain wave

Thomas Pinchon: gravitys rainbow;
Phillip K Dick: man in the high castle, do androids dream of electic sheep;
Claire North: the first fifteen lives of harry august

better not commit thought crime while you
touch your penis sir

The Forever war by Joe haldeman.

Aldous Huxley Brave New World.

Seriously read this book.

sounds gay as fuck

The whole cantos is excellent

John Michael Greer
Star's Reach
post-apocalyptic US, centuries from now
also
>ctrl+f
>charlie stross
>phrase not found
If you like urban near-future histories, Charlie Stross is your man.

Read the Enders Game series. It is so amazing

bampin

the scifi stuff of vonnegut

philip k dick

asimov

david wongs Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits - not everyones taste, but i LOVED it.
his other works are good, too.

is Don Quixote actually good or is it just too fucking old now to be worth reading and/or offer some new food for thought to someone who hasn't read it yet?

i see it listed all the time as one the best, if not THE best book ever written, so it's getting to the point where the hype is overwhelming me and i'm about to give in and read it

came here to recommend this