When did you grow out of hip hop Sup Forums?

When did you grow out of hip hop Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JpIlnaAmiCg
youtube.com/watch?v=oIW4hhaFf3c
youtube.com/watch?v=fS8l9s6elkI
youtube.com/watch?v=FQOP0_LJ5i8
youtube.com/watch?v=_qtvF0-unKI
youtube.com/watch?v=0KH9PuYSfKc
youtube.com/watch?v=wVuRAeGuySc
youtube.com/watch?v=WsCVQzXybKE
youtube.com/watch?v=xtqF9bRoU6A
youtube.com/watch?v=r9KxqBiE_YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PHGZrycNIyE
thump.vice.com/en_us/article/ae8kja/las-vegas-edm-djs-dead-club-owners
youtube.com/watch?v=Do2xXV2xrr0
youtube.com/watch?v=6k7kk1lUnis
youtube.com/watch?v=RgUbi5fDiDU
youtube.com/watch?v=-2GozE6XEqg
youtube.com/watch?v=547DlGNUnMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't want to come off as an oldhead, but there is literally no modern rapper I enjoy idk :/

What is this haircut called?

srs? not even future? his formula is fucking genius

when i started to like death grips and realize DOOM was just more derivative garbo like Aesop Rock

>every 6 months
>here isa new guy with dyed dreads and french fry hair called "lil nigglet" that pretends to be a low iq moron and makes horrid music

when will the jews stop lads?

ITS OUR TIME NOW , Rest In Piss To all those emo hipster CLOUD RAPPERS , Their time is up COMPLETELY , ITS DARK TRAP SEASON , WHERE REAL NIGGAS WIN AND DO REAL SHIT , Look Out For Every Artist In This Pic We Are What's Poppin Now , WE ENDED CLOUD RAP YESTERDAY , WE ENDED EMO ANIME RAP SAYING SHIT ABOUT "BUMPING FLOCKA IN A UNDERWATER TANK" WE ENDED IT , ITS OVER THEY CANT COMPETE WITH THIS LINE , WE ENDED EMO MISERBLE RAPPERS WHO WEAR DRESSES AND HOLD SWORDS WE DID FOR LORD GUWOP . FOR KING GUCCI ONE OF THE FATHERS OF DARK TRAP AND TRIPLE SIX MAFIA THE KINGS , WE ENDED IT CLOUD RAP YESTERDAY WE WOKE THE CHILDREN FROM THE DEAD AND GAVE THEM THEIR MIND BODY AND SOULS BACK WE REMINDED THEM WHO THE REAL KINGS WAS WHEN WE GAVE THEM NO MERCY , WE ARE THE TUFF GUYS WE ARE THE MEN WOMEN WANT AND ADMIRE WE ARE THE KINGS WE CAME FROM A DARK LIFE WE TRAP WE JUGG WE REAL WE ARE THE MOST FEARED WE TREAT FUCK BOYS LIKE SHIT AND SHOW NO MERCY TO THEIR DEAD ALLIES WE ARE THE LEADERS WE ARE THE GODS WE ARE THE MEN OF TODAY , WE ARE NOT LITTLE HIPSTERS WHO WEAR BLACK RIPPED JEANS FROM HOT TOPIC WEARING A METALLICA SHIRT WITH DIED BRAIDS IN THIER HEAD JUST TO SEEM TRENDY , WE ARE NOT THOSE PEOPLE WHO CAME FROM A HAPPY HOME WITH A PICKET FENSE AND A LAB DOG WHILE SITTING AT HOME MOAPING THE ROOM BECAUSE DADDY DIDNT TAKE US ROLLER BLADING TODAY , WE ARE NOT THOSE HIPSTERS WHO GO ON YOUTUBE JUST TO WATCH HOOD VIDEOS AND IMITATE DANGEROUS MEN THEY'LL NEVER BE , CAUSE WE ARE THOSE DANGEROUS MEN WE ARE THE ONES THESE CLOUD RAPPERS FEAR SO THEY KEEP US AS A SECRET WHILE SOAKING OUR STYLES SO THE WOMEN OF TODAYS SOCIETY CAN WORSHIP THEM NOW THE WOMEN EVEN CAUGHT ON THEY NOW REALIZE THAT THESE COLOR HAIR SAME CLOTHES WEARING HOMELESS LOOKING EMO DEPRESSED SWORD HOLDING DRESS WEARING FAKE LEAN SIPPING FAKE XAN POPPING PRIVLEGED NIGGAS WILL NEVER BE LIKE US DARK TRAP NIGGAS BE CAUSE WE ARE MEN WE ARE THE ONE THEY ADMIRE THEY WANT TO BE US

doom is great as a producer and he can rap well, but he's a racist fucking nigger who thinks dumb niggers are above races who actually get shit done

>hip hop is dea-

youtu.be/JpIlnaAmiCg

what did he mean by this?

Raggedy Anne

lls

literally at 12 years old.

hip hop is so fucking cringey now

The less Sup Forums type crackers listening to rap the better.

i like kendrick, vince staples, earl sweatshirt

i thought tyler the creator's new album was good too

You aren't looking hard enough I guess

Around age 23. There are still a couple hiphop albums I will spin once or twice a year, but that's more than enough for me. As far as black music goes, hiphop is inferior to jazz in every way.

Atlanta Niggaz fucked up the game, it's a shame

OP here
I think 90's hip hop is great, but it got ruined later with Eminem and 50 Cent appealing to a huge mainstream audience and nowadays most of it is just embarrassing

Jamaican Just

youtube.com/watch?v=oIW4hhaFf3c

Digable Planets is good. I'll listen to other rap if I'm feeling silly

I didn't. I just don't listen to a sub genre I don't like.

Isaiah Rashad.

>Black music

does brockhampton count

About 17

Bones and TeamSESH do not like Lil Peep.

> 2017
> looking for new rap music
> "lil something"
> skip

they rhyme the same and cant even invent different names

old school hip hop and rap is fine. this new shit sucks beyond words.

I still like hip hop, but I grew out of popular YO THIS NEW [insert current rapper] TAPE IS FIRE TOP 5 IN THE GAME RN type hip hop when I was about 17

Not yet.

Bones is pussy ass numale trash that lost all relevance five years ago

This is how it went
6th grade: 30% rap
7th grade: 50% rap
8th grade: 40% rap
9th grade: 30% rap
10th grade: 70% rap
11th grade: 60% rap
12th grade: 40% rap
Freshman: 30% rap
Sophomore (NOW): 10% rap

When I stopped smoking pot, graduated from college and got a real job.

the lil

when i got a job and became a libertarian

this

I still enjoy the Rhymesayers Entertainment Camp.

I don't think I was born in le wrong generation or anything like that but I just do not understand the appeal of this. It all sounds the same and it's all garbage.

Like everything white people got a hold of it and it became neutered so Marc Crawford living in Orange County suburb could feel badass blasting it in his Kia Sol.

>push me to the edge
>all my friends are dead

Soundcloud, twitter, and /r/hiphopheads killed hip hop for me seeing all those faggy 12 year old "ironic" wiggers really turned me off.

That is not real hip-hop.

16 when I realized punks calling

Good taste

>white people

Rap is still and will always be 95% nigger

All this emo alt rock faggy sound cloud rap is nothing but edgy niggers.

Cant blame whitey this time tyrone

just envy because peep is more successful while he's a cringy edgelord poser

when I realized that I enjoyed the instrumentals much more than the actual rapping

I just find all the beats boring. Even if the flow is good I need memorable instrumentals to keep me interested. Only rap i really liked last year was AE and the new Tribe

I dont really consider death grips rap anymore

the appeal of hip hop to me has always been the perfomance of the rapper on any particular song. That said, I barely listen to current acts.

It's weird that this doesn't sound anything like Ski 1-2 years ago.

Rap is just money hoes nigga fuck police fuck white people bullshit these days I miss when it was real lyricism ya feel. When I realized that was 99% of what's out there now I checked out.

TPAB and the ensuing circlejerk over how great it was kinda killed my interest in the genre, and it doesn't seem like I've missed much

Hip hop was far better even back then. Now it's just pretty boy autistic niggas with died hair like the fags in OP or the dark rap Suicideboys bs. New Tyler was the only good shit this year.

viral marketers fuck off

u sure?

>When did you grow out of hip hop Sup Forums?
>posts 4 retards who have nothing to do with hip-hop

Drugs really have ruined everything

Easy on the drugs bugs

hey bugs...

hiphop has taken a very bad turn desu

it's the end of hiphop in the 10s just like it was the end of rock for the 90s

I feel like what they are doing is pretty cool but none of them seem to be that talented of musicians. Some songs are catchy enough

I already realized this a while back.
Auto tune was the start of it, it was the death of the rapper, rap has devolved into people singing, mumbling, and doing everything but rapping. Lyricism is dead.
So why do we need rappers anymore?

I think and hope EDM will evolve into a new weird form of IDM soon and replace rap.
EDM needs to evolve or die too. I think the dude bros are aging or getting tired of LE DROP XD music. EDM needs to expand outside the music festivals, become listening music.

this. theres a lot of good rappers and lyricists out there, we just need to find the gems in the middle of the shit pool of rap.

>Lyricism is dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=fS8l9s6elkI

tell me what you think.

I have heard this song before and gotta say I'm glad this poped up because sometimes the "migos" effect type rap gets tiring.

more like faggoty anne

tyler is the most boring raper ever

thx for tha copypasta

I haven't

I think "hip hop" will increasingly move away from actual rapping and closer to punk and rock style vocals. kendrick lamar style rapping just sounds outdated and tryhard for this type of music. it's also going to get a lot whiter. a rock and roll type thing. In a few years it'll be indistinguishable from what most people think of as "rap"

so rap will die then

When will hip-hop die?

rock was important because it siphoned off white people angst into a made up social group about music. This will never happen for rap. Rap is too niggery. Its why you see white people lost and becoming nazis or communists. White people will never fully embrace rap.

Rap will either die or regress back into lyricism, EDM will become even bigger, maybe america will have their madchester moment. A third summer of love.

all it'll take for whites to embrace rap is white rappers. just like with rock and roll. wait for the trap elvis. lil peep isn't even distinguishably rap music, go look him up

nah, you could get away with that in a pre internet world. Black people would get mad for us "stealing" their music again.
Rap will probably die soon and electronic music will get a boost again.

electronic music is actually acceptably culturally white despite some notabal nigras, modern electronic music can be traced back to kraftwerk, and even before them most of the people making bleep bloops were white experimental and academic musicians

exactly, there's no more angst in white people music (except for metal obviously). All that went into online communities and video games. Eminem is the only white rapper that succeeded in that field but that was over 15 years ago

True, and sometimes that's going to mean looking outside of the states, Hip-Hop is world music now as my man Saul Williams says

youtube.com/watch?v=FQOP0_LJ5i8
youtube.com/watch?v=_qtvF0-unKI
youtube.com/watch?v=0KH9PuYSfKc
youtube.com/watch?v=wVuRAeGuySc
youtube.com/watch?v=WsCVQzXybKE
youtube.com/watch?v=xtqF9bRoU6A
youtube.com/watch?v=r9KxqBiE_YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PHGZrycNIyE

The forced unpopularity of rock music was the biggest mistake to ever happen. White people need an outlet, or groups to culturally relate to that isnt some insane political group.
Rap is too black.
I think you will notice the world started going insane when rock music became unpopular.

Maybe in the past that kid who larps as a nazi might have been a goth.

I fully feel that if you wanted society to go back to normal you would need to bring rock back or a musical genre that is culturally and 90% white to siphon off the future school shooters and pol tards of white people.

EDM was a fad which already passed. Even Vegas is moving on.
thump.vice.com/en_us/article/ae8kja/las-vegas-edm-djs-dead-club-owners

"Forced Unpopularity" Forced by whom exactly? ZOG? The reverse vampires? Fuck off, people went off rock music because they got tired of a genre that endlessly cycles through the same four chord progressions and was dominated by a generation who insisted that because they'd done everything first they did it best and that the genre and scene would never hit the heights of the (largely imagined and at the time mostly irrelevant) hey-day in the late 60s/early 70s. Hardly anybody wants to listen to exactly the same music their parents grew up on.

"EDM" as in steve Aoki and all that shit might well be a fad thats on its way out (and goof riddance to it) but electronic dance music is was and always will be an underground sub culture, in which different styles come and go but as long as people want to get off their faces or get off with each other to the sound of pounding bass at the weekend it'll always be there.

scene kids black edition

>daddy issues the post

white people can like and enjoy black music or music made by white people but they will never relate to a black person culturally. White people need their own idols otherwise they feel culturally alienated and things have gotten too black. White people need an outlet and thats being filled by insane political groups since rock is dead. And while rock was invented by a black guy i think people can admit white people took the ball and ran with it. made it their own.

expect some weird new form of IDM to get big in the future, like dungeon synth meets aphex twin meets kraftwerk meets vangellis,meets vaporwave, ultra white electronic music

Expect rap to either to die or have a boom bap lyricist revival

these are my predictions

I also think that hipster metal deafheavn type of stuff could get bigger, not sure yet. more like hopeful thinking from me

I only listen to aesop rock anymore desu.

what firm you work for?

>people went off rock music because they got tired of a genre that endlessly cycles through the same four chord progressions
you're forgetting that rock has like 200 subgenres while hip hop has been mostly the same from '80s until now

I really wish uzi would imitate his friends and push himself over the edge with a bullet.

*pot

Its hardly "Daddy issues" to point out that evolution and change are signs of a healthy musical scene or that the cultural fetishisation of Baby-Boomer's music of choice stifled innovation, these are just facts, I was a teenager in the late 1990s, I was there for Britpop and all the rest of it and that cod-nostalgia bollocks was very real.

Rock died because it got boring, popular rock music always goes through the same cycle of simplicity to increasing Complexity until everyone gets sick off it and it all reverts back to simplicity (again). With the advent of the internet the cycle of cultural production is in hyperdrive, this cycle used to take years to complete now its barely months. Your thesis that the death of rick music led to the rise of the alt-right is insane, and I'll ask you again, who or what do you think is responsible for rock music's unpopularity?

>mostly the same
yes because the Sugar Hill Gang sound exactly like Lil Yachty.

New school niggas wack, you seen the vet starting
Got a few left in me nigga I'm Brett Farvin'
Niggas sorta rap, and they sing songs
I'm guerrilla rap, call me King Kong

what is edm? what is dubstep? those music styles are almost 99% white, you are talking out of your asshole

dude what you talking about, every 2 or 3 years hiphop gets on a trend and all the rapers do the exact same shit, so a new trend comes and the cycle goes on...

I really cant enjoy anything after Tetsuo & Youth and everything realised from then on doesnt appeal to me. Nonetheless i still like some bangers especially some from the german rappers.

Yes and each of those trends brings something new to the table, its a constant forwards progression, innovation>diffusion. Each trend never entirely dies out either, it sticks around until it gets recombined back into something fresh. That's good, thats what you want and what a non-stagnant scene looks like.

when lil wayne came in or even dipset

Has anyone mentioned danny brown yet? He's still making amazing music with best hip hop album of the year in 2016

I'm done posting in this thread, too many 'tards. Anyone who thinks that there's no good hip hop just isn't trying hard enough and can suck my balls.

youtube.com/watch?v=Do2xXV2xrr0
youtube.com/watch?v=6k7kk1lUnis
youtube.com/watch?v=RgUbi5fDiDU
youtube.com/watch?v=-2GozE6XEqg
youtube.com/watch?v=547DlGNUnMA

did rappers just hear about visual effects and tell the editors to put on as many as they can find? also see: any travis scott video