What are your honest opinions about this? (And Green Day in general)

I think this album is pretty good, and you'd be surprised by this if you bought into the meme that all Green Day and pop-punk is bad. It's really fun 8/10

Green Day is unironically a good band until 21st Century.
American Idiot, Kerplunk, Dookie, Nimrod and Insomniac are amazing records.

21st Century is poor man's American Idiot.
The trilogy was a fucking mistake
Revolution Radio is bland and mediocre.

Dookie is the only Green Day album I like.

Wouldn't really say that AI is amazing, but it's not horrible either. Haven't heard any of their other albums, but I intend to do so. I'm in a guilty pleasure period now, and I'm feeling pop-punk

I think green day are a decent pop punk band who have made some hits.
I think they didnt get the memo that emo died after american idiot and made 21st century break down or whatever its called and it was pretty much the same shit as american idiot and they slowly just became irrelevant.
I think the right move for green day after american idiot would have been to make a folk punk album in the vein of andrew jackson jihad and johnny hobo which was minorly popular at the time, folk pop was also popular at the time with that mumford and sons crap.
I think greenday missed the opportunity to continue their fame and popularize folk punk in the mainstream

Used to be in the Green Day hype train in middle school. They were the first band I ever was super into, to the point where I actively searched for their side projects and everything remotely related to the band.

I unironically think, even though it is somewhat of a bias, Tre Cool is one of the most underrated drummers. He makes really fun beats to play, and his fills are always tight and compliment the music pretty well.

Going back and listening to their music after a long time of listening to other stuff, their music still holds up to me. Whatever that means, I'm not sure, but their newer stuff has just gotten edgy and has lost touch with relevancy.

I think every member is solid, and for their respective genre they are great. Billie Joe can write a song and have it stick. Though it's not the most complex, it's still decent music. But I don't really listen to them much anymore, and I grew out of them as soon as I got into high school.

I unironically enjoy Kerplunk to Warning

I agree
Well put

1039 SOSH: fantastic first album
kerplunk:same as first
dookie: one of the best
insomniac: tied with 1039 SOSH for best
nimrod: great experimental albums
warning: take nimrod and make it more different.
American idiot: the best and worst album by the band.
21st century breakdown: american idiot was a huge success let's do it over (I liked about half of the album)
Uno: few good song just meh
dos: not a fan of this one
tre: best of the trilogy.
Revolution radio: better than the trilogy and 21 CB but, not as good as the others

What did you mean with American Idiot

the album started a drop because of the albums success. 21CB tried to be American idiot. they released the trilogy to be more experimental but, very few liked the trilogy. revolution radio might fix this drop.

>1039 SOSH: fantastic first album
>insomniac: tied with 1039 SOSH for best

My man

I would like to add that Warning is actually better than you remember it. Its the most fun album they made

Ah, I see. I personally didn't like the album alone that much though, no matter what came before or after

I liked the first 4 or 5 albums when I was younger

Bump

Dookie and Nimrod were the two I liked.

Otherwise I'm all about /actualpunk/

Stop this forced green day meme

green day is not punk

No one called Green Day punk here, they called it pop-punk, which it is.

No, but we can still discuss them?

If they broken up after American Idiot people would think of them more fondly than they do today

fpbp
though 21st had a few good songs

Exactly

I think he meant stop forcing the pop-punk meme because there have been multiple threads in the last few days but he went a little retard.

this exactly

I unfortunately grew up around people with a massive punk vinyl collection and can't even entertain the idea of liking anything they've done for a second, especially after hearing stuff like this

>Shenanigans
mfw everyone forgot about this album. Desensitized is the best Green Day song in my opinion

Agreed. And half of 21st Century Breakdown is actually pretty good. The other half is pure fucking shit though.

I couldn't make it through the entire trilogy.

Today I realized you could actually have a p decent conversation about Green Day here. Is Green Day Sup Forums approved?

First album my brothers and I bought with our money because LOL DOOKIE

We weren't ready

pretty much this

this and insomniac are mediocre with maybe a handful of decent songs between them 6/10
the rest of their discography gets progressively shittier

Debut - kinda bad, very amatour even for a punk band. 5/10
Kerplunk - the proof the Green Day was once an amazing indie punk band. The lyrics were getting good (Holden, 2000 years, One of My Lies...), Tré on drums sure was an improvement. 9/10 *
Dookie - Kerplunk 2.0, better sound, Rob production is on point. The band were getting even better in their music dynamics (Chump and Longview transition). 10/10 *
Insomniac - YES, YES, YES. This is their Magnum Opus, everything is amazing, lyrics, production, sound. 10/10 *
Nimrod - For me, a mixed bag, if the band had only put out their different songs (Redudant, Hitchin a Ride, King For a Day, Haushinka, Last Ride In, Time Of My Life...) this could have been even better. 8/10 *
Warning - My second favorite album by them, their most ""experimental"" album, this time the folk is strong in that one. 10/10 *
American Idiot - It's good, but.... I wish the band had follow their warning sound. It's good album but always sounded a poor man Tommy to me. 8/10
21st Century - Very bad move by the band. Why make the same album 5 years later? The lyrics still sounds good, but their sound was getting borring to me. 7/10
After that I give up, I had listen their other albums, but for now the band has long passed their prime (1992 - 2000)

*Reccs

Dookie has always been in the essentials 90's and punk charts

So how would y'all rate Dookie? I'd give it an 8.5

Great band. Great album.

American Idiot > Nimrod > Dookie > Kerplunk > Warning > Foxboro Hottubs > Insomniac > Shenanigans > 21st Century Breakdown > Revolution Radio > 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours > Dos! > Tre! > Uno!