Any wine drinkers on Sup Forums tonight?

Any wine drinkers on Sup Forums tonight?
What happens to cheap wine over time.
Is pic related ok to drink?
It says consume within 6 months of purchase and this bottle is obviously ancient but is it still ok really?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bznxx12Ptl0
youtube.com/watch?v=gALcmVqD6cY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do a quick taste and figure out if there's precipitate

>precipitate
Explain further please.

I just did a google translate of the word bundfald. I don't know how to explain it, it means there's some dead cultures that sink to the bottom of the bottle and make a layer

Oh OK cool.
I'm just having a quick read of something I found about wine.
I'll report back shortly.
Thanks user.

Tastes like trap but still safe to drink. Or it might turn into vinegar

Drink it. If you die then it wasn't safe. If you don't then you know it was safe.

Yep, sounds like a plan!

Crap*

If it tastes bad toss it out if not it's ok if it slightly off you can try cooking with it but don't ues to much.

Dear lord that looks like a glass of piss

Not bad actually.

Toss it white wines do not keep as nearly as long as a Reds also sweeter wines do not last as long

What are you expecting from white wine? It's the most garbage form of drinkable alcohol

If that's the case in joy.

Ner fuck that. I'm drinking it.

Thanks user.

Anyone fancy a what's Sup Forums drinking tonight thread?

Cheap wine spoils over time.
Good wine becomes better.
Great wine stays the same.

I remember when they found that shipwreck with hundreds of years old wine. Perfectly preserved and kept at the perfect temperature the whole time. It sold at auction for thousands of dollars per case.
Too bad it was shitty wine to start with and hundreds of years didn't make it any better. It was just hundreds of years old shitty wine.

Literally any thing is better than american piss beer' , like Budweiser, Coors, Natural ice, etc.

I made some homemade cider turned out really well it's at like 5% so it's nice and lite and refreshing also got some homemade Brown ale that stuff at around 14% it's really an ass kicker

It basically turns to vinegar. Won't kill you but you will know if it is bad.

You consider those alcohol?

I hate wine in general but this is going down quite nicely so I think it certainly passes the taste test.
Better yet, I'm not even to the bottom of my second glass yet and I can feel quite a buzz coming so I'm happy with the results of tonights experiment ATM.
Suppose the real result will present itself later after it's sat in my gut for awhile though.

nah dude, teenie girly pisscunt drinks are the worst
>smirnoff
>poppers
>mojito
>octane
>coolers
>four loko
>bacardi breezers

Wine is gross. Makes me puke and get headaches.

>10%

You're a fucking lightweight.

>4loko
>girly drink
Boy let me tell you what 4loko is for. It's for when you wanna actually get fucked up for cheap while hating what you drink at the same time

>smirnoff
You must mean smirnoff ice?
Smirnoff is my poison of choice. Neat out of the bottle with a quick chaser.

The Roman empire, in order to keep Rome as the center of the empire, had mandated that many things could only be made in and around the city of Rome. This included wine.
So all wine had to be transported from Rome to all the outlying provinces. Even with roads, this journey could take weeks, even months, sometimes. Meanwhile, they had no climate control and the wine would sometimes freeze. This turned the wine into vinegar.

Instead of throwing all that expensive, but ruined wine out, the Romans came up with an ingenious solution. The boiled the bad wine down in lead braziers. The resulting substance was sticky and very sweet. They sold this stuff like honey. They put it in anything they wanted sweetened - as they didn't have sugar back then.
The substance was lead acetate. Forget lead pipes. Forget lead plumbing. They were eating lead directly like we do sugar. Their kids loved it just as our kids love sugary shit today. And some "experts" don't believe they could have gotten enough lead to make that much of a difference. They couldn't be any more wrong.

a glass of piss cunt on the rocks, and you?

Kek
If only you knew user...
Yea I probably am a light weight now but that's probably because I spent August in a rehab.

>a glass of piss cunt on the rocks, and you?
Lol, wut?

my point is that any sugary ''liquor'' you get at the corner store is pretty much the worst form of alcohol one can indulge in drinking
yeah, whatever it is they sell in beer bottles that's sugary as fuck and usually little 13 years old cunt go for when they wanna ''party''

While we're talking about wine

a couple of weeks ago the company i work for had a giant fucking party. 2000 guests, famous people from my country hosting and performing and shit. Drank 18 glasses of wine, three beers and a smirnoff. got pretty fucking drunk, but not blackout.

And then there's the wine i brewed at home. I call it white wine, but it's actually just fermented apple juice and honey. 16%-ish. one bottle got me absolutely pissed.

Why is that? percentage is percentage, so why did my hooch hit so much harder?

13 years old cunt
Fuck bro sign me up where can I get me some of thislol

Should I boil the rest?

So it's pretty much an apple Meade that sounds excellent

Probably because of the sugar

Yes, in a lead bowl or pan.
then consume like honey

There is 100's of factors at play in the 2 different scenarios user but I personally think the 2 main ones at play are the quality of alcohol at the party and how you tested your brew.
Obviously location/ how relaxed you feel and body internals such as food in belly or time of day can effect it drastically too.

I'm drinking mead tonight, honey wine.

I'm actually making some of that

>So many glasses and ashtrays!

What are you going to flavor it with?

I love when people say this as if needing more alcohol to get the desired effect makes them cooler.

Yeah, I haven't cleaned in a while

That looks like shit.

Smear it all over my butt?

Sweet.
Nice hose too Sup Forumsro, that room looks fucking massive.

I know the feel user.
Pro tip: just use 1 glass and 1 ashtray all the time = instant cleaning.

Don't listen to It looks beautiful to me.

Yeah I know, normally I get around to it and keep the ash trays at seperate tables, but I've had friends over, and then just skipped the cleaning. But I'm gonna do it tomorrow.

>But I'm gonna do it tomorrow.
I believe you. I always do my cleaning tomorrow too. Best day for it.

I have to do it because my mom comes for a visit, I don't want her thinking her golden boy is a slob

Blueberries and apricots

That was clearly bait but I'll ask anyway, how exactly is it shit?

Thanks, I try. I love brewing meads and wines

I think this thread needs some music and since cheese always compliments wine.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bznxx12Ptl0

That sounds pretty good, my next batch is going to be an apple cyser.

Red wine, never opened and sealed properly will be fine. Once opened, it won't stay as fresh too long and won't be enjoyable to drink in the least.

White wine is different and doesn't age nearly as well. Even the few white wines that do age won't last nearly as long as a red.

6 months is a blink of an eye in terms of wine however so unopened you will be fine. If it was aged while open then throw it out.

I'm gonna get into brewing very soon user since I'm currently out of work.
I'm thinking something in a bath tub though probably requiring a C02 or foam fire extinguisher stored close by.

This wine is going down well.

Send me some?

You need something that can be sealed off from oxygen so you shouldn't brew in a bath tub. Unless that's some sort of carboy that I'm not aware of. If you want to make actual mead, wine, or beer just get a 1, 5, or 6 gallon glass carboy.

How long has it bin going im. Dieing to make some my self last time I was at my local brew shop they were trying to push some overpriced cit I nearly had to tell the dude to go fuck off I know a place that i can go get my honey from that's good quality and a lot cheaper than what they're trying to sell it at I. Love crafting fine beverages but I'm not going to pay hipster price for it

Weak mofos

Can't I just boil potatoes for a really long time and then cool the vapor?

Im gonna die

that's disgusting

SO JELLY.
No seriously I want that bottle in and around my mouth.

What is it? Alco pop?

>in joy

Just noticed 375ml...
You're a
>Weak mofo
That bottle would only touch my lips twice.

>Taste like trap

Kek

nigga

Next song:
youtube.com/watch?v=gALcmVqD6cY

You can but you run the risk of bacteria ruining your batch.

I usually mix smirnoff ice with vodka 50/50 and add ice cubes

I think I may have proved tonight I don't fear bacteria.
My worst fear is the bacteria drinking it all.
Plus what you're saying doesn't make any sense since boiling will kill all the bacteria.
>Rot veg.
>Wait.
>Boil broth.
>Catch vapor.
What could go wrong. All I need is veg, a tub and a big net?

Faggot.
Last time I drank smirnoff ice I made myself very ill.

>be me
>be 13/14
>group of older mates
>go to market shop
>buy 2 crates of out of date smirnoff ice
>came in plastic bottles
>could turbo them
>just squeeze and gone.
>remember ja rule and clubland cd's been played
>everyone laid paraletic
>some inside on sofas
>some outside on grass
>puddles of puke everywhere
>everyone drunk
>everyone ill

Enjoy your methanol

I think they call it moonshine actually.
>Add water to taste.

Ethanol is the only alcohol variant that is consumable by humans. Methanol will make you go blind, it's made with ill prepared alcohol.

>Breaking Blind
>I can drink that shit, YO!

Fucking ante up and buy some good wine, you wont regret it its really nice with a good meal.

Bottles gone. Fuck.

I used to drink those a lot when I was a teenager. Do they stiff have caffeine?

What do?
This was worse than the original idiea of getting a taxi into town for alcohol since supermarket is now shut and it's after 12 so the taxi will cost more. What do I do?

dunno about the caffeine but i know they knocked the abv back up to 14

Dilemma averted kek.
I think my mum may notice all her out of date alcohol is disappearing but she can't really blame me.
She had plenty of time to get it all out of the house.

Obviously it's white wine.

OP, if you're that concerned why don't you go buy something else? There's a lot of cheap alcohol that will get you more fucked up than an old bottle of wine

This one is alot zingyer. Makes me lick the back of my front teeth?

Only the new ones are 14%, the old flavors are still 12. At least here anyway, I heard something about 4 loko having different ABV in different areas.

I really hate the shit but sometimes I'll buy 3 of the Blaze kind and they fuck me up if i drink them fast. Normally I can drink a liter of 40% whiskey before I stsrt to really get drunk

Shit I think this one has gone bad.
Feels slightly chunky on the back of my thought too.
Honestly how bad can it make me ill?

Do people still dip their dick in wine or is that an old meme?