Post what suburbs look like in your country

Post what suburbs look like in your country

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-RCWAbwVsEs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We don't really have anything else but "suburbs" here. Our city centres are small because our cities are small (more like towns really). And outside the very centre, there is just a bunch of houses and grocery stores.

we don't have suburbs in here

BUMP

thats pretty much the same as my town in the west of tokyo

comfy but full of brits so 2/10
9/10 nett
ich sehe den plattenbau zwischen den bäumen in den himmel ragend 5/10
comfy, a bit like south america 5/10
boring, soulless, would kill myself thanks 1/10
comfy, but roofs are too flat 7/10
even worse than before, i would rather live in a finnisch commieblock than in a boring tundra
a bit better

I don't even get what are suburbs nor their translation in french so I couldn't share with you

I guess it's less classy than OP's picture

looks dead, add trees and colors mate

sub + urbe
places far away from the city centre where the middle class lives

like this

they are built in a forests for god sakes

Suburb outside Los Angeles.

looks like hell from the sky though.

>suburb

The residential areas surrounding cities and towns.

That's a beach 'burb. Most sauburbs in LA don't look like this.

berlin?

This is very close from where I live

Why do so dew Spaniards live in houses? You have loads of room and nice weather for garden fun.

>garden fun
whats that
im the only one in my friend group living in a house and its not a big deal

BBQs and just chilling in the garden generally, Britain only has small gardens but they're nice to make pond and set flowers and stuff.

Bow down to our superior American efficiency

i dont care much about flowers or BBQs, i actually have a small BBQ grill and used it like twice
social life is done more outside the house, even people with garden dont usually invite friends to tthe garden

how many tourists get robbed on that street per day?

well it's all residential so it still is

how do young people without a car even get to places?

Looks comfy af, where is this?

differs too much to show in pics, almost everyone lives in suburbs so you have a lot of variety.

how the fuck does that looks comfy

>without a car

virtually everyone who lives in suburbia and is old enough to drive either has a car or access to one

richfag

Everyone has a car in America, even the children.

Ilsan(一山區)

Where do the middle class live then?

If we have them, you have them motherfucker

10/10 to me

in the city or in "urbanizations" like this, i guess they are kinda equivalent to suburbs, they look like shitty russian commieblocks but all of them have a pool, a football field, a park, etc so it's quite nice living in there

these don't count as suburbs

Why?

Stylish commie blocks and better than gold humans!

because they're not equal to what suburbs are to americans, they're too far away from the city to count as suburbs

How do rich people live in Colombia? And what is considered "rich" there?

atleast in medellin, rich people live in fancy houses up in the mountains near a place called "el poblado", i don't know what's considered rich exactly, but this is j balvin's house, i guess he counts as rich

>A suburb is a residential area or a mixed use area, either existing as part of a city or urban area or as a separate residential community within commuting distance of a city

I guess that the urbanizations and country clubs will count as suburbs.

It's funny tho, here we call "urbanizaciones" the set of houses and the buildings are called "residencias". We have a lot of commieblocks here too but some residential buildings are pretty classy tho.

this.

my lower-middle class family has 5 people and 5 cars.

The one that i'm living in.

>how do young people without a car even get to places?

They get a ride with a friend, or they just don't go anywhere.

I fucking hate suburbia.

Yongsan-gu, Hannam

pyeongchang

Seongbuk

10/10 comfy

Those are upper middle class?

This is a typical lower middle class American home.

Bayou vista texas

Those waters must be full of dangerous animals.

Zero of course.

Florida riverfront homes are maximum comfy

Usually the middle class lives.

This commercial shows a typical american suburb

youtube.com/watch?v=-RCWAbwVsEs

for Canadians who aren't rich chinese

You can get a shitbox honda that runs for $1000 dollars or even less.

Yes

Comfy

Who fucking cares how it looks from the sky? Why do people give a shit about how a place looks from above like that?

All that matters is where you live, how nice and comfortable it is and how close it is to shopping and schools and work.

>spends 2hrs daily just navigating this McMansion cluster fuck
Yeah, very efficient

Either this is pre 2008 or a very advanced version of the McMansion

It matters because ypu can see the avarage footprint of each property and how far each resident has to travel to get to job or comercial centers, also, it helps to see how well planned are street locations and, in the case of america, how easy is to get to a major avenue or highway

Ofc american suburbs and irban planning is renowned for being inefficient grids that dont take in consideration mass transit, travel times, service and amenities density and dispersion, resulting in the 10 lanes super highways being clogged at rush hour every single time, just like clockwork

Not to mention the negative environmental, cultural and social impact it has

>live in the suburb 20 years ago
>the suburb is now encroached by tall buildings everywhere
lul.

This is what a typical social housing street looks like. Some cunts in the 60s decided that in order to keep cost low, they just need to put down these tiny brick boxes everywhere. These fuckers are now spread across the entire country and have been clogging up residential areas ever since. Top exports of streets like these are cigarette butts, dogshit and welfare applications. There's nothing comfy about them.

look nicer than the apartments here

Depends on the era.

Early - mid 20th century - European style terraces.

50s - 70s - Prefab asbestos shitboxes.

70s-90s - Red brick bungalows.

90s -2010s - McMansions (pic related)

2010s - now - Grey/beige rendered townhouse shitboxes.

McMansions are great

what the fuck is a suburb

So this is pretty typical of 19th-early 20th century housing in Australian suburbs.

An area where typically middle class/rich folk live to get area from the cities.

This is the 50s - 70s era Australian suburban housing. Everything is Asbestos, the walls, the ceilings, the fixtures, everything.

Asbestos builds character

Also builds cancer and numerous other health problems.

Anyway this is your typical Australian suburban house from like the 70s - 90s. Red brick, one story, sometimes two if it's on a hill/slope with the bottom story being a garage and storage space.

And this is pretty much what most Australian housing being built today looks like in Greenfields. Very cheap, will only last 15-20 years at most, built very quick though (done to fuel property bubble)

Depends, there are three types mainly:
>horrible commieblocks full of poor people and immigrants
>small nearby villages that were absorbed by the town
>sparse independent houses in the countryside immediately out of the town

I don't actually speak english, and the word clearly doesn't mean the same in my language, there was no need to be a cunt.