Deciding what to get for my first tattoo. Any ideas?

Deciding what to get for my first tattoo. Any ideas?
general tattoo related thread

Other urls found in this thread:

rockerzine.com/2011/06/top-ten-tips-for-tats/
tattoodo.com/a/2014/01/tattoos-and-aging/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtAQz5rJhPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The word fag on your forehead

Definitely fag on your forehead in Comic Sans.

Hi OP. I just got my first tattoo a few days ago. Wanted it to be about my dead dog. Way I approached it was: subject, themes, position, and direction for detail. Subject was my dog, themes were psychedelic, position of body was centered towards the frame, and details were left up to the artist. Finding a good artist is probably the first thing you should do to make sure your tattoo comes out nice

fag on your foreskin

Show off

My first tattoo was a hundred bucks. On the side of my dick.

I did this for three reasons:
1) I like to play with my money.
2) I like to watch my money grow.
3) A hundred bucks is the only thing my wife will blow these days.

lol, what a fag

Post picture of your dead dog tattoo.

>Deciding what to get for my first tattoo. Any ideas?
Find a Japanese speaker (don't use Google Translate). Ask them to translate "I am an insecure faggot unable to resist peer pressure and want to fit in so I got this tattoo" into Japanese characters.

That'd have two advantages over most tattoos - It'd look cool and be true

Lol at the butthurt weebs in this thread who's mother's won't let them get a tattoo

>Lol at the retarded millennial faggots in this thread who think having ink that will blur and look crap as they age is a good idea and makes them look cool and edgy
FTFY

Tattoos blur and look like shit because morons don't know how to care for them. Secondly why the fuck are you so Invested in what people want to do with their bodies. Fuck off right back to your ignorant generation you little angry weeb

>morons don't know how to care for them
It's ink in the skin. There's fuck-all you can do
> Secondly why the fuck are you so Invested in what people want to do with their bodies
I'm not. I find it hilarious, and it's even funnier how you all get so butthurt when some uncomfortable truths are spelled out to you. If you didn't care, why so serious?
>you little angry weeb
Ah, you make assumptions to try to insult me. if only you knew the truth

if you don't know what tattoo you want to get, why do you want a tattoo? because everyone else is getting one?

get your social security number as a barcode, on your forehead.

>Tattoos blur and look like shit because morons don't know how to care for them
orly? Do some research before you get that needle. Oh, you already have? What a shame....
He's some quotes and links for you
>Most people realize you got to accept some things about aging. I mean, you can’t buy your way out of every situation. The skin is gonna age, and tattoos age, not just from the sun. They do start to spread out a little, I’m sure we’ve all seen the old guy with the tattoo that looks like a giant green blob.
rockerzine.com/2011/06/top-ten-tips-for-tats/
>Whatever you do, your skin is inevitably going wrinkle and loosen due to aging. So does your tattoo. It's one thing you have to be prepared of before getting a tattoo. You gotta know that no matter how finely done it was, it's not gonna stay that way in the next 10 years and counting. Changes that may occur are blotted lines, faded colors and some distortion in the imagery, depending on how our skins undergo change.
>tattoodo.com/a/2014/01/tattoos-and-aging/
There's stacks more. If you have a full-body tattoo and follow "care" advice, look forward to vitamin D deficiency

The only truth here is that you're on this thread arguing some shit you don't understand. Yes the ink is in your skin, tattoos warp and age because your skin isnt cared for. Worst case scenario you get it touched up over time. The industry has changed a lot over the years. Maybe stop basing your opinion on outdated experiences of sunburnt sailor tattoos.

That you are a fat autistic neckbeard?

the only acceptable tattoo: a bigger dick tattooed on your dick

Another strawman to try to insult me? Really? is that the best you can come up with?
>And no, not fat, clean shaven and not really on the autistic scale
>But this is fun - do keep trying

Bet you're the "nice guy" who wears a fedora and can't understand why you're still single too

>Worst case scenario you get it touched up over time
>You can't get a full sleeve tattoo and retouch it every 5 years. It will just mess it up. Tattoos are technically wounds that have undergone stress and healed. The healed top layer of the skin after getting a tattoo is different from the first one. Touching it up again will just damage the aging skin even more. It may not be able to hold any more ink.
tattoodo.com/a/2014/01/tattoos-and-aging/

There is only one acceptable answer.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtAQz5rJhPs

Married, no fedora (and they are usually actually Trilbies). Plus there's many ways the people who know me would actually describe me, but one of them is definitely not "nice"

Notice how the people in the reputable article you've cited twice like it's some authority are elderly? Tattoo ink has changed, since 50 years ago. Second, nobody is going to be checking you out once you're old and wrinkly anyway, unless you're about to tell me that you're a 50 year old 4chaner who's still bagging them like they're hot.

I mean it still looks cool. The difference from its original just shows how much you've rotted and i think thats nice. Attacking people for just getting tattoos is pretty autistic, it's usually depending on what/why they get it that warrants some shitposts. Just barking cuz people get them shows your insecurity of holding things dear and making yourself vuknerable by displaying what you care about, or lacking the creativity to dedicate yourself to an image.
Tl;dr pic related

>Notice how the people in the reputable article you've cited twice like it's some authority are elderly?
Notice how the article is actually written by a current tattoo artist, who should know what she's talking about?