So I'm working my way through Star Trek: TNG...

So I'm working my way through Star Trek: TNG, and I saw an episode about a race of humanoids that had "evolved" to be genderless. And anyone who identified as a gender was shunned and shamed. S5 E17 "The Outcast". This shit aired in 1992, yet it seems like what will happen if Millenials continue in their current state.

Thoughts?

>Thoughts?

millenials are a totally fucked up generation that will probably be offended by that episode because it doesn't reflect their individual special snowflake situations

StarTrek has tons of episodes like this

>Thoughts?

Neckbeard problems.

You're probably right. In this episode the genderless are "normal" and those who are male or female are hated and sent to camps to undergo conversion therapy. To be honest i think its pretty accurate about hate going in cycles... whomever the dominant group is will persecute... as things integrate, persecution will shift

This shit predicted our future 25 years ago

star trek is a sci-fi series. sci-fi explores possibilities as a thought experiment. it's food for thought, not prophecy or propaganda. the 90s were much more sane than than 2010s

Did the episode end with some kind of lesson for the audience?

That Riker gets all the bitches

I feel sad that such an old show taught such morals and we have seemingly not learned them.

I mean, i realize that many of the morals it teaches are much much much older than star trek TNG, and shit like the holocaust happened anyway, so clearly just illustrating the morals doesn't really impact people meaningfully, but you'd really really hope they would. Because if our art cannot make that impact, what else can?

We don't pass on wisdom through our genes, and if we can't pass on wisdom through our art, our culture, what hope is there that we'll become better people in the future?

It's a symptom of a great old fear by the learned: Maybe people just _don't_ learn from the past, despite all our wise words about the importance of doing that.

Just saw that episode 2 days ago as well.

Binge watching it on Netflix.

Its really interesting how easy the American liberals are manipulated into destroying themselves and everything else around them.

cis white males are the cause of all things wrong in the universe

ITS NOT CALLED STAR TREK: TNG

FROM NOW ON ITS CALLED

FAST BUGGY: NIGGER STOLE MY POP-TART!

Jews and weak minded liberals are the cause of all things wrong in the universe.

>yet it seems like what will happen if Millenials continue in their current state.

think the message might have gone over your head

She/he could have been a bit less callus when they told Riker that they weren't interested anymore

Riker is a freaky deaky fucker.

this episode always bugged me
shes "female" but .....in the human terms
shes not human her species has no gender so its what she makes up in her head biassed on the humans she observes?

Any friends of De Soto on this thread?

why did you put evolved in quotes?
if they evolved like that, they evolved like that

> a race of humanoids [...] "evolved" to be genderless
> seems like what will happen if Millenials continue in their current state

lol no

Don't pretend these identity politics didn't begin a long time before the millenials gen Z faggot. Millenial snowflakery pales in comparison to disservice the boomers did to future generations with the social safety nets they constructed, bankrupted, then kicked the can far enough down the road to die and stick us with the bill. If you want to complain about a generation, boomers were the worst. Is it so hard to see why millenials have such a sense of entitlement, choosing to spend all their money on lifestyle, racking up massive student loan debt and expecting it to be forgiven, and voting for commies like Sanders who tells them they deserve to be given more free shit? This is all the result of being raised by boomers.

Sex is an evolutionary ball and chain

Yeah watch Stargate sg1 like a real man you fuckn twat

Live long and prosper.

Ok so it's either an accident or subtle troll, but I was staring at this picture trying to figure out why everyone looked just every so slightly "off". Most noticeably Riker.

dude, you're retarded
radical gender activism is a fringe

You mean fast buggy nigger stole my pop tart 2

why are you faggots trying to make this a thing?

/x/

Because stargate wins

wut? that makes about as much sense as a woman president

super gay 1? nuh bruh.

No. Bad. Get back in the corner.

Star Trek TNG was a stupid show trying to show how communism is better than capitalism. Just look how the capitalist were shown. the Ferengi. The writers took all the best parts of humanity and kept them, while tossing out all the worst parts and just said "oh well humans evolved to not be like that". That's not how shit works dummy. Stupid show. Voyager was better anyways.

The woman who identified as female went to conversion camp and was "cured" to be vender neutral... that was the last scene

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

This

They actually were offended by it.
People at the time, that is.
That episode was hated so much.

The message was one of evolution and the cycle or the norm

Bitch I love SG1 but when McGiver took a passive role it got boring

Yea except we arent evolving past gender.... millennials are just disguising mental illness as a moral high ground.

That's pretty bleak.

pretty much the plot of episode 3 of the Orville.