Tirreno Adriatico finale

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WOqyoWSlbSM
live.cyclingnews.com/
steephill.tv/classics/milan-san-remo/
reddit.com/r/peloton/wiki/index
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good timing, Nairo/Sergio. does this week prove colombians are the most powerful race in cycling?

teej better win this shit but we all know he won't even break the top 10.

stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=WOqyoWSlbSM

text updates (not informative but shows the top 10):
live.cyclingnews.com/

>Firefox somehow made me open the wrong pic

Actual stage (not that it changes a lot)

Hey guys, what are the upcoming events? Like Milano-Sanremo and the others in Beligium/Netherlands

>Granny on road
Italy wtf

milano-sanremo is on Saturday then the northern classics are pretty much every week after that. just check steephill somewhat frequently.

steephill.tv/classics/milan-san-remo/

Regular mountain biker here who has met Chris Froome a few times.

No idea what happens with road cycling throughout the year though on the road. Someone willing to educate me pn what I can expect?

Thanks m8, will look forward to that, I usually just show up when the Giro D'Italia starts

/greg/ on the course now

hi lad, is froomey as nice irl as he seems in his book and twatter?

the main races are part of the 'world tour', broken into 1-day events and stage races. the major standalone events in /cyc/ are the one-day stage race 'classics'/'monuments' like milano-sanremo and the tour of flanders. there are also threads most days of the 'grand tours', which are three-week stage races like the tour de france. next one coming up is the giro d'italia in may.

websites-wise cyclingnews is good for what the name suggests and steephill.tv for race info since a lot of race organizers' websites are in the local language. there's also the peloton subreddit for link aggregation and wikis but cyclingnews is a decent place to start for race recaps and other news.

Froomey is pretty cool, he's generally quite happy to have a chat and take a pic or two.

Thanks for the info, I'll go have a look at cyclingnews and get up to speed with what the name suggests

pains me to say it here but these guys are alright for more of a breakdown and what to expect:
reddit.com/r/peloton/wiki/index

today is the last stage of this race but it'll be a bit anticlimactic since quintana has a pretty unassailable advantage for how long the time trial course is. rest of the podium and top 10 is up for grabs but since each rider goes off individually it won't be that exciting.

inrng's blog is also great for in-depth race coverage and previews.

Right. Lots of info to take in.

Newb question, that could probably ne answered if I did ten minutes if reading, but I watched a few stages of the Tour de France over the last two years. Is Froome not as dominant throughout the rest of the year as was in that? Or are the rest of the events more varied? You say Quintana has a massive lead at the moment. Is that a freak event or is this just a course better suited to him?

Nairo is easily the stronkest climber on the world tour today (+ current champion of the Vuelta a EspaƱa)
He suffers a bit on the TTs but as said, today's is a 10km stage so the advantage he has will be enough to hold the lead.

riders have different specialties and they also try to 'peak' in performance for certain races. for example it's physiologically very difficult to race two grand tours in succession and the tour de france is between the other two (italy and spain) so ofttimes riders targeting the tour plan a whole racing program around it. so froome will be racing other one-week and shorter stage races as training building up to the tour. big one of them is the criterium du dauphine in june, he's been dominant in that race for several years now. quintana is aiming for the giro and tirreno-adriatico is the equivalent of the dauphine for that race.

>webm for posterity

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I'll try catch the Milano-Sanremo this Saturday and take it from there.

no problem, hopefully that's a gud 'un.

prep your >pinot's, lads

Better version without the weird glitching

>sagan

noice

feel for 'g'eraint thomas,he's been on point all week but got cucked by shimano wheels

Sagan used to do MTB though didn't he? I honestly expected him to bunny hop the curb.

Have you guys tried getting some interest from /o/ to raise some attendance for the general?

>Nairo needs 12:24 to win it
IS
THE
REST
OF
THE
WORLD
EVEN
TRYING?

>Pinot

based Rohan

i have a feeling TT bikes would break if you tried to bunny hop something. do you mean /n/? my impression is people know about /cyc/ but don't really care about this stage/race.

41 seconds

>Pinot

now to wait 8 hours for road.cc to update the fantasy game

>slackers

>does this week prove colombians are the most powerful race in cycling?
Maybe?
Im just happy we are getting more sports on the spotlight than our awful divegrass nt

Yeah my bad meant /n/

It's possible they don't care, but any excuse to talk about cycling may be enough to drag them here

if only our boreball team had taken advantage of the 9th inning vs DR...
so close, yet so far