Is he Mestizo or Castizo?

He looks Castizo tbqh

CHI

that's the problem with these shitty colonial era label. literally impossible to tell. my ancestors are mostly amerinidans but i have white skin because of a single spaniard in my blood

Nobody uses the word "castizo" or "blanco/white/criollo/europeo". Our government made sure the Mexican people only uses mestizo to gain a national identity. Otherwise. you look like a pretentious MUH HERITAGE prick.

Chapo's girlfriend is castiza too

But don't mexicans already think they are better than each other. Just by physically looking like they fall into those categories. My mom who looks more Amerindian would get bullied by her front door neighbors mom .she would call her pelusa

>pelusa
what is this,

That's stupid. El Chapo is clearly less Amerindian than Mexicans with this phenotype, for example

There is actually no way of knowing, white looking mestizos can have way more Indigenous % in their genes, than it looks. Phenotypes and genotypes vary a lot.
It's implied, but the only classification that is actively enforced is "mestizo", which in modern Mexico means "mixed" no matter the % of anything.

Fuzz ,dust or fluff aka trash.
How don't you know this? Is this a Mexican spanish word only?

Yea my dad doesn't look that different phenotype wise from El chapo and his dna test said he was more Amerindian

This Salvadorian is 50% Native American according to 23andMe. That is actually higher than the average. Phenotypes mean nothing.

Mestizo means mixed.

Never heard of it desu, "prieto" is the word I hear the most when talking bad about dark skin.

We don't use that as a slur, tho.

hard to tell with that potato nose, i would say castizo

So does that mean Afro-Mexicans are mestizo? Or are they counted as black on the census

Well what do expect from racist retards her words were" no te juntes con la pelusa " to her daughters who would hang out with my mom

I hate salvadorians now

he is talking shit, he is the "mexico is white" poster, don't give him yous

Afro-Mexicans are not relevant, not only do they only make 1.2% of our population, but they also live secluded in some coastal towns, and almost 70% of them have noticeable native ancestry, so they consider themselves Indigenous. People don't think about them, so I don't know, the are "negritos" (not a slur).
Oh yeah, that means "low-class", not native.
>he is the "mexico is white" poster
Fuck off, Mexico is 70% mestizo, with the "average" mestizo being "60% Euro, 40% Native". Not white.

God damn it, man. You need to piss off.

Btw, the "average" mestizo (no such thing, but whatever), is about 5% black.

Oh lel I didn't know that I'm just a CHI forgive me
>tfw 8 % nigger
I blame that 8 % for my jungle fever

Hm interesting. I really need to learn more about the history of Latin America: we're hardly taught anything about it in public schools here in the US.

That guy is probably an Indigenous farmer anyway. A ton of predominantly indigenous mestizos look like him, but they are still mestizos. Shit is confusing, man. But at the end of the day, everyone is a mestizo.

Porfirio Diaz was Mestizo too

around 70%-80% of your population is Mestizo

A self-hating one, but in the modern use of the word (after the revolution) yes.
That's correct.

are there indigenous surnames in Mexico?

2 of my classmates have some, and they don't look exactly native. But most indigenous people were workers for the rich, so they took Spaniard surnames, and their names got lost. Native names (not surnames) are not rare, e.g. Xochitl.

He is a Harnizo. He now has white skin but there are obvious Amerindian features. His blood is probably 50/50. His mom is probably an Indio and the father a Castizo.

He is Mexican. We are a race and you must deal with it, dumb arab/med mongrel.