What is your favorite Dylan album? Difficult for me to choose. Toss up between Blonde on Blonde and Blood on The Tracks...

What is your favorite Dylan album? Difficult for me to choose. Toss up between Blonde on Blonde and Blood on The Tracks, probably.

He annoys the shit out of me to the point where I can't sit through an album of his anymore, but it's definitely Blood on the Tracks. Probably the only album where solid production meets songwriting and singing (or what passes for singing).

It perfectly blends his earlier folk aesthetic with more mature instrumentation and a cleaner sound.

Dylan's still shit overall though.

Freewheelin' and Blood on the Tracks. They're the most "song-y" and melodic -- they don't have that disconnect between the lyrics and the music if y'know what I'm saying.

I Don't Believe You is a good song also.

Highway 61 Revisited, the songs are so damn fun, honestly.

I'm torn between Bringing it All Back Home and Desire, but the majority of Dylan's albums are at least 7/10

>the majority of Dylan's albums are at least 7/10
Boy is that a fucking bullshit statement

Actually you're right, I forgot about protest Dylan. That shit is 4/10

Modern Times, although there are no Dylan albums I dislike. Yes, even the nutty evangelical stuff.

Was playing Isis on guitar earlier, what a brilliant, fascinating song. It seems hard to believe it had a co-writer.

>more mature instrumentation
You don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about.

The closest Dylan had to a protest album is The Times They are a Changin', which is admittedly mediocre. Other than that though there are is nothing else that fits the description bar a few isolated songs like Masters of War (which is fucking brilliant in its vitriol).

Blonde on Blonde without hesitation

blood on the tracks, or if your counting the bootleg series another self portrait is 100 percent tip top
i think isis is my favorite song of his, definitely agree

John Wesley Harding or Bringing it all back home

Either Blood on the Tracks or Highway 61 Revisited. None of (((Dylan)))'s other work comes close to those two. Blonde on Blonde comes close though.

Objectively the correct answer

I still haven't got round to Another Self-Portrait, but I thought Self-Portrait was fucking hilarious, especially the atrocious A side with In Search of Little Sadie as the cherry on the cake. It's a troll album through and through. The Boxer cover I suspect is headfuck revenge to Paul Simon for A Simple Desultory Philippic. Also love Quinn the Eskimo as The Band are so out of time on back up vocals it makes it's impossible not to laugh.

Does the Bootleg retain the same sense of mischief? I hope so, the self-portrait cover again looks fucking nothing like Bob Dylan so that is a good sign.

yeah it does, self portrait is one of his most underrated too i feel, kind of in line with the basement tapes which is also underrated. all feels very alcohol and countryside-influenced, i think his funniest and funnest stuff all came out of that turn of the decade period

How does anyone listen to this unironically and enjoy it? I've tried many times

>I don't like it so how can anyone else?

Stop being a faggot

this

bob dylan [real name: robert allen (((zimmerman)))] is a communist kike

sage

I was waiting for you to post an image of a specific album that you forgot to post or something. Since you haven't yet I'm guessing you mean does anyone actually listen to bob dylan

no, nobody listens to bob dylan. brilliant. bye

Didn't know this.

Of course

ASP also has a little more seriousness threaded through overall. Also, i just realized i've only ever heard the abridged version of it. Amateur hour over here

John Wesley Harding

That whole album just seems like one huge in joke, with no punch line.

blonde on blonde>blood on the tracks>highway 61>bringing it all back home>desire>times they are changing>john wesley harding>nashville skyline>new morning>street legal>freewheeling>infidels>another side>basement tapes>billy the kid>slow train>time out of mind>modern times>self potrait>planet waves>the rest