I'm a 19 year old Gamekeeper operating out of the South West of England

I'm a 19 year old Gamekeeper operating out of the South West of England.

Ask me whatever you want, no matter how you think I'll answer, even if you're anti fieldsports here's an opportunity to learn a thing or two.

Have you ever fucked one of them?

One of what?

Gamekeepers no, anti hunting girls yeah 3. Only one knew what I did for work beforehand the other two estranged after they found out

The animals. Have you fucked any of them.

Can confirm thats a no. I'm not Welsh enough

Why not?

>I'm not Welsh enough

I'm from the valleys in Wales, am I Welsh enough?

Is there any big game to hunt there, or is it all badgers and squirrels?

You're plenty Welsh enough, have friends in Harlech who're also keepers can't work out if the story of one of them drunkedly fucking a fallow deer corpse is a lie or not.

Gamekeeper?
And that means?
If it is what i think it sounds like a total waste of time and money....

Who do you keep game for;
What does the job involve;
What was the college course like (Sparsholt?);

There's meant to be a final question mark there.

I'll list a few large game species we hunt, mostly deer and a few hog breeds. Other than that in the UK it's mostly gamebirds; pheasants, partridges etc.

>Fallow Deer
>Red Deer
>Sitka Deer
>Badgers (kinda large)
>Wild Boar
> about 7 other breeds of deer.

More variety than I thought there would be... But it's no western Canada

Gamekeepers... keep game. The rearing of game species whether that's birds like Pheasants and partridges or large game like deer. The work all culminates in different seasons, currently in pheasant season. First year this estate has not done Partridge or Duck.

People pay us £38 per bird, so depending on the size of the 'bag' (Overall amount to be shot) it can be pretty lucrative. The tips given by the guns (people who pay to shoot) are normally what keeps our lights on, the overall pay can be relatively low but not bad depends on your employer.

I'm currently on ~£17,800 which is very good, however my estate doesn't give me a residence like others do and so it's not as good as it looks.

Estate around the Sidmouth area, I studied externally through Plumpton College while I worked at the same estate.

Lived nearby as a kid, came back as an adult after living in Sussex for 6 years. Applied for an external course where I mailed in my work I was sent for the Level 3 btec diploma in Game and Wildlife management.

Headkeeper Arthur Weldon, it's a closed estate, invite only with driven days for our syndicate.

Wow I pay $15 for an upland game bird license, that is valid from Sept 1 to Dec 1. Maximum in freezer limit on them is 25, eat some and you can refill to the limit. (about 8 pounds sterling)

You're living the dream.

Luckily I obviously hold shooting permissions on the estate and so I don't have to pay anything to shoot there but shotgun licenses have gone up from £50 to £180 or something so it's gonna be an expensive past time for sure.

I didn't realise badgers were considered game. What's their taste like?

Forgot to add what it involves, I've got to go do something so I'll just copy paste what I said already, I'm a newfag.

Gamekeepers... keep game. The rearing of game species whether that's birds like Pheasants and partridges or large game like deer. The work all culminates in different seasons, currently in pheasant season. First year this estate has not done Partridge or Duck.

People pay us £38 per bird, so depending on the size of the 'bag' (Overall amount to be shot) it can be pretty lucrative. The tips given by the guns (people who pay to shoot) are normally what keeps our lights on, the overall pay can be relatively low but not bad depends on your employer.

I'm currently on ~£17,800 which is very good, however my estate doesn't give me a residence like others do and so it's not as good as it looks.

By game I mean Fair Game.

Don't try and eat a badger.

They're fair game the same way Foxes are. They're treated as vermin and are normally either shot or trapped

Weird way of controlling hunting, from my perspective. Norfag btw. All big game (elk, deer and sometimes bear, wolf and lynx) are hunted by pre-set teams based on the land owners. Others like roe deer and below are more or less bought by per day shooting licenses. Every landowner has the right to ask for license from people hunting on their land. Illegal hunting is nonexsistent as that means loosing your gun(s).
But your job sounds quite fun!

It's fun and rewarding for the most part. Some days when you're feeding in the pissing rain on no sleep you'll wish you were dead but other than that yeah i love it

Aye, I did wonder who'd actually eat them.

Do you do much of a sideline on pelts? I imagine fox and badger fur would sell well on online craft sites and the like. Even clean carcasses/bones might be worth saving for sculptures and stuff. How cool would it be to re-create a fox skeleton on a wooden board. Something like that might be pretty valuable.

Never tried it, I normally just put the bodies in a 'gut bin' which is basically a big pit that gets sealed where you throw the carcasses to rot.

To be honest I have no idea but at the same time I'm normally too busy to bother with pelts.