Why do Americans pretty much demand that you tip, and what's wrong with telling them to fuck right off?

Why do Americans pretty much demand that you tip, and what's wrong with telling them to fuck right off?

This. Fuck America.

Think of it more as a bribe for them to not spit in your burger instead of a tip

get a real job, i don't tip asshole.

Why would I be required to tip? And they get so offened for serving? I serve and never expected tip. It's my job and I already get paid for it. But of course I appreciate tips. You don't see anyone tipping the cooks and they're the ones doing the real job

Its a way to keep the wait staff working hard for you. They look forward to a higher tip so they do their best to serve you. If they do poorly you can give them a lower tip which indicates they did a poor job which will hopefully help them get back in the game. If your wait staff does an excellent job and you tip poorly then you wont get great service next time you visit the estavlishment. Being a douche bag just cause ya can isnt going to get you very far in life. People are very keen and will stray away from such imbeciles.

Its the majority and sometimes only pay they get. For whatever reason the service industries in the US are exempt from min wage laws

any other 5th grade questions I can answer?

If you don't tip and you have the money to, you're a piece of shit

Youre not required to tip. If the waiter at the end of the night makes no tips, the restaurant is required to match his pay to atleast minimum wage for hours worked. If he gets more than whatever minimum wage is from tips, the restaurant doesnt have to pay. Tipping saves the restaurant money

not just that but it acts a source of extra income

since the staff can earn above minimum wage if they received enough tips

In the US it's legal to pay wait staff below the minimum wage. In my state, minimum is $10 something an hour. Waiters get $3.25, which they are sometimes required to share with bar backs, bussers, and kitchen staff. I have no idea why this is legal, but it is.

They've got to have.... Money!

In the US we have enough wealth to distribute so we can be curious and tip someone if they feel as if they did a great job, what part cant you fuckin understand, Europoor?

>You don't see anyone tipping the cooks and they're the ones doing the real job

That's how it used to be, tips could be shared with cooks, but obama's DOL put a stop to it.

If I don't get good service or if the person just hates their job they should be fired or quit. Fuck tipping

USA likes their bartender cheap, repleacable, underfed and always looking for a new better paid job.
The very act of tipping means you activelly support this. Not tipping means you don't give a fuck or don't care about their destiny, like it should be in the first place.

Luckly I'm not american and I know bartenders which are happy to see themselves ad bartenders and do it for their lives. This is only one of the nasty stupid retrograded retarded aspects of this divided states conglomerate which us truly united only during superbawl or their faggottish useless sports nobody in the world gives a shit about (yes, I'm specifically talking about baseball, which is less appealing than watching for 3 hours straight a bum farting while sleeping)

It's a conglomerate of stupidity and selfishness where nobody able to truly enjoy their life without be completely obsessed in making money would ever choose to live.

because americans hate taxes and if youre smart about it, you can hide your tips from the government, we dont bow down to the kings tax like you peasants

How does that benefit the customer? You know, the one who's actually doing the tipping in the first place?

He has no incentive to tip unless if he wants to help a fellow retard out. It's basically charity.

I assume he thinks tipping is the same as donating money for taxes

>the service industries in the US are exempt from min wage laws
Wait, what? Is this true?

No he is retarded. Waiters must atleast make min wage from tips or employers must compensate them

Waiter here. I make 1.78 an hour at my job. Tipping is my source of income. If you don't tip in the states you're a dick. I'm literally retarded and it's hard for me to get a better job. Soooo stop being dicks

Great example of Americans being niggers in denial. Even South Africans laugh at them.

yeah waiters and waitresses make like $1.50 an hour + tips which is of course why they care about tips

Yep, agreeing to a job that shitty is retarded.

>No
>Explains exactly why yes.

Yes, waiters lie about tips if they don't get minimum wage equivalent so they dont get fired. Because the restaurants are supposed to make up the difference, but in practice just find a way to fire employees that dont play along to working for less than minimum wage.

Honestly, I don't see why this hasn't been addressed on a national level yet.
There's a minimum wage for a reason, and workers doing what you pay them to do shouldn't require patrons to give them more money than the cost of the food.

...God damn

What does this even mean

As mentioned above minimum wage laws are weird in the US. Partially tipping has become a cultural mainstay. It is largely considered part of the cost of eating out. The logic goes something like "If you don't want to tip eat fast food"

He means that you(?) explained exactly why THE RESTERAUNT doesn't pay minimum wage. The person still *usually* makes minimum wage, but not out the pocket of the resteraunt.

This thread is obviously (obliviously) a pinko Jew plot. Lurk /pol more

Britbong here. I don't mind tipping if the person who deserves it, receives it.
All this is doing is lining business owners and politicians pockets.
The worst part of it is the fact that they have the manipulated workers on their side by letting them earn more if they get tipped yet every penny up until the fresh-hold of min wage is actually given directly to the business owner/politician.
When I tip I use cash and hand it directly to the person I want to receive it.

so you want to serve yourself at restaurants?

it means you're a fucking retard.

Yes I too would like dirty hands in my chocolate fountain.

Uh... Yes?

then get back to the fucking kitchen grab your shit and take it to your own damn table

Oh explaining the law makes me a retard after someone replies not knowing how to use . makes sense

use words

WELCOME TO AMERICA. THE BUSINESS OWNERS NO MAKE MONEY FROM IT. GOVERNMENT MAKE MONEY FROM OWNER WITH FEE THEN TO KEEP BUSINESS OPEN OWNERS HAVE TI PAY WORKER LESS IF NOT THEN BUSINESS MUST CLOSE. NO BLAME WORKER. NO BLAME OWNER BLAME GOVERNMENT FUCK FAG GOVERNMENT FAG GOVERNMENT BE FUCKING FUCK NEED BE FUCKED UP ASS WITH FUCK THEY FAGGOT FAG MAKE THEM SCREAM THEY SCREAM IT MAKES MY WEENY GROW THEY BLEED IT MAKES IT SPRAY HAPPY JUICE THEY BAD THEY HURT ME JOY THEN YAY YAY

>what's wrong with telling them to fuck right off?
About tips or generally?
Abso-fucking-lutely nothing.

Tipping is for 3rd world countries where they rely on people just giving money to underpaid staff, America, just pay them a decent wage to begin with, I always give them fuck all.

It lets YOU decide how much a person should earn for their service to you, instead of everyone making the same thing and there being no incentive to treat you well.

Can't.
>A wild tip-demanding jew appeared.
>Tip-demanding jew uses "demand ransom to not spit in your food"
>It's super effective

More or less. Tipped employees have an alternate minimum wage. Employers supposedly must make up the difference, but the IRS also assumes that a certain percentage of a tipped employee's sales are received by the employee as tips, whether this is the case or not.

The owners of restaurants would clearly rather we did and have been moving in that direction for decades.

>Tipping is for 3rd world countries where they rely on people just giving money to underpaid staff, America
USA confirmed for third world country

The incentive to treat customers well should be the normal wage.
If I hear that a place has great staff, that shouldn't translate to, "hey, you're going to have to pay a huge tip unless you want to feel bad for how hard they're working."

>implies you should even have that power over someone else
Confirmed adult-child salarycuck

you could cook for yourself like a proud white male would

Then blame the government. Fuck then with your dick make them swell with your patriotic red white and blue jizz

Philosophy question for ya:
Would a proud white male cook for himself because the kitchen is reserved for men to create magnificent haute cuisine, or have his woman cook for him because women belong in the kitchen?

Then your food cost would include the same amount that a decent tip would be. You assume business owners are stupid. Ever been to a gas station? If they made a tiny bit more money for treating you wonderfully they wouldn't all be shit.

>implying you don't crave more power

see

Poorfags in denial calling themselves smart to make themselves feel better.

You didnt explain shit you raging sperglord. You contradicted your self.

kek

I trust only one woman in my life to cook a steak for me and it damn sure ain't my wife. women today are pampered little shits that learn no skills but demand equality.

Well frankly, it should.
And servers should also be allowed to accept tips.
Not tips as high as they are now, where they have to make up for a lack of pay, but a few bucks extra every hour would be fine.

I just want all you sadomasochist american half-dicks to lose your entitlement to having power over me. If that falls under your conception of craving more power, then so be it.

Damn straight. I say, if a girl wants to work for a living then go ahead. But still teach her how to be a mother.

Learn some comprehension skills dipshit

>t.arrested development case

You are a complete fucking retard. Like a full spectrum autist fucked Sloth from the goonies in the ass and you're the shit that fell out.

#
I'm failing to see how this has anything to do with the subject at hand, especially since I don't even know where you're from nor do I give a shit about controlling you.

Some stupid say that its because they pay like 2 dolars to the waiters so the tip its the real pay for then, and all of that is to keep the food prices low. I told everyone that say that shit to fuck thenselves, i would dont care if something that cost 10 sudendly cost 15 just to avoid the uncomfortable situation and they should pay what they should/deserve,and if one waiter treat a customer different than others, well she should be fired same like others jobs do.

So you're telling me Americans need to bribed just to do their job?

Thread about demanding tips, i say its not required because restaurant still has to pay them, you think i contradict myself in saying that. You are too stupid to argue with

There is no exemption. The worker makes at least minimum wage. Period

Buffet bitch!

No. Their job is to give you what you order. Any asshole can do that. They are more apt to go the extra mile to make you feel good if that means they may get a little more out of it.

Because I've been a tipped employee before and it might happen to me again. You, being a useless little infant with a university education, clearly believe that you are not only immune from ever being in such a position in the future, but are furthermore entitled to have an underclass serving you instead of killing your useless cube-jockeying self.
Class interest, nigger.

>and all of that is to keep the food prices low
The food itself is maybe 1/3 of the menu price, and that's at the very most. They do it to keep profits high, nothing more.
>one waiter treat a customer different than others, well she should be fired same like others jobs do.
>implying that asshole customers don't start it

No, they're telling you that they like to have power over other people, and that they believe that they should be able to decide how much other people get paid.

No, they aren't. You're just more inclined to feel like you're not a powerless corporate drone yourself if you can directly determine how much someone else gets paid, and force them to do psychological labor for you as a condition.

Jesus christ you fucking waste of sperm you siad that to someone who asked if the very same thing was fucking true and you said this literally neck yourself you fucking tard

Back in the day, servers would sometimes not get paid because of hard times in the economy resulting in the restaurant not paying them. They stayed because of good faith that once the economy was better, they'd be paid what they lost. In the meantime, they were encouraged to take bribes for better service (ie. I'll give you some extra if you get me that table or w/e) so they did because everyone needs to pay for food and shit. After a while this became habit. Then once they could afford to pay again, restaurants didn't want to pay. So they lobbied and it ended up law that they could pay nothing- well, they pay just enough to cover the taxes that would be removed. That way, "they get tips anyway, they can live on that." And then they only need to pay if the server ends up with less than minimum wage after tips. Which, by the way, will get the server fired if they end up that way too many weeks in a row. It's disgusting. So for now, it is the right thing to do to tip in america. But it's a better thing to do to lobby against it

>are employers exempt?

>no, heres why
How fuckin high are you lmao

Yes, instead.

unexpectedly high-quality post