Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering

Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering.

>What sport did you play and was it fun?

>Was the training difficult?

>How much rivalry was there between teams/athletes?

I played basketball but was shit at it and the team was shit too lol

>Played Lacrosse in HS as a Middie
>Training wasn't bad at all, past the first 2-3 days where my legs got a thorough ass-kicking
>We weren't very good so rivalry wasn't really a thing

Though on that last point, a student at our school not on the team made a joke about a kid who died in a car crash from another school. Word got back to the other school, and I guess the guy was popular, because even though we had nothing to do with it, the other team took it out on us. They played real dirty, giving my friend a full-blown concussion, but they never got carded at all. It was an away game for us, so it was their refs.

I played for the 49ers for a couple years, the released me fairly recently. I won't give you my name because I could get lots more hate for being on here.

did you get targeted at that game too? also what position were you

Nice man, games at that level must be intense

Be fast or get smashed. Never realised how tough the game can be until I reached upper college level and played as a backup rushing QB. Those 300 lb giants can hurt pretty bad.

how much did you weight as a qb? 180-190?
also did being on the football team make you popular on campus or didnt make a difference?

At my peak I was little over 220lbs. Being tall helped push that up though. And yes being on TV got me pretty popular haha.

are there any teams which play dirty from your experience?

Definitely, the rams are especially bad for cheap shotting and late hits in my opinion. I'd say the rudest team was the Seahawks, 2 years ago when they were relevant they loved shoving it in our faces.

were you ever injured by the rams?

Not personally but I've seen quite a few guys lose their seasons over them.

if you got kik hit me up on tomaszn2 i wont ask you personal info or try to figure out your identity

I don't sorry bro.

Take A Knee is Utter Disrespect and Bullshit to our national anthem!!!! Fuck tards

I was given a full D1 athletic scholarship for soccer in a neighboring state. I thought it was fun but I love the game.

Training was alright I had a program designed for me but I messed up my knee in my 3rd year and the recovery sucked because I never trusted it again.

No rivalry between teams that didn't already exist because of the conference. The players themselves were awesome even on opposing teams but soccer isn't a contact sport.

no homo but soccer players have 10/10 bodies

>Indoor/outdoor track all four years
>intense practice everyday
>very friendly/supportive teammates

what track events?

Yeah, Football all 4 years. Separated shoulders, Torn nerves from knee down, broken finger also slipped disk too. Rough life for a linebacker/running back.

Track and field, it was a 1.5 mile walk to get there then a 1 mile run to warm up. Another 6 miles during practice, I did the 4X4 400 meter relay so I did a lot of parachute training and it's not fun on a windy day. Imagine running yet you feel like you're walking at the slowest pace imaginable. Also javelin is fun when you get the proper technique (best feeling is when you get it over 100 meters and it sticks perfectly in the ground)

did lots of girls turn up to watch you?

Does chess count? I was on my uni league. I had 1900 elo back in the day

>stuff I tried that sucked
Tennis - if you are bad then no one good wants to play with you. You end up paired with other mongoloids and 90% of the time is recovering stray balls.

Bodybuilding - you get big in the kitchen, not the gym. I was 15 and not in a position to dictate meals to my parents. I was also too lanky to use freeweights well and did dumb machine work. :( If dad was into fitness I might not be a total autist today. I tried it again once I got a job. OHP and deadlifts are fun.

Lacrosse - you need all of the coordination of tennis and muscles. Then, being a team sport, your teammates mock you for sucking. Shit all the way around.

Stuff I was decent at:
Cross country running - I was in the top 25% of my cohorts so you'd see the same racers at various meets. It was granular enough to have targets both in terms of the clock and people. Plus there's nothing like a 10-12km on a crisp autumn day.

Road cycling - I didn't get into this until college but I was doing 25+30+30+40mi/wk for pleasure even in the winter in New England. I did all of my training totally solo and older guys said I should get a coach. Once I got a job the training wasn't sustain about since there's not enough daylight - and if you hunker down inside during winter evenings the beer will kill you.

>backup rushing QB
>played for the 49ers for a couple years, the released me fairly recently
Not protesting anymore Colin?

Don't feel bad. You'll write a memoir when all of this dies down and you can get a public speaking gig. You'll end up coaching a bit and then probably come back as a commentator once you sell the rights for a movie deal.

Not really, mainly friends and family. Did drop about 30 lbs so that was good enough for me