Ok I'm playing skyrim for the first time (on master difficulty)

Ok I'm playing skyrim for the first time (on master difficulty)

And for the fuck of me, I can't kill any of the enemies

Are you supposed to level up a shit ton before doing the main quest? I'm only a few missions in

Other urls found in this thread:

elderscrolls.wikiacom/wiki/Heavy_Armor_(Skyrim)
youtube.com/watch?v=Zo6UnKr6Bwg
youtube.com/watch?v=PIxSHRIUy6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yea harder difficulties make them bullet sponges, I would suppose you could meddle in creative magic combinations to hold your own tho

Master and legendary difficulty is mostly there to counter the cheesing that comes from min/maxing and exploiting game mechanics. Its fairly easy for someone to get all resistances, armor capped and a weapon that can do over 2000 damage a swing by level 50-60

I'd advise you to play something very tanky and upgrade your health most of the time, if not, you're dying a LOT.

Youre not supposed to start Bethesda games on the highest difficulty. Its meant to be cranked up the further in you play. Works the same in Fallout.

yeah it's rough at harder difficulties until you gain some abilities especially your dragon born shit

the enemy weakening version of fus roh dah was my go-to on the harder difficulty

Cool. I'll change to adept. Is enchanting/crafting necessary? Seems to be the only way to get non-shit items, or will merchants start selling decent armor at some point

why play master for your first playthru??

I don't like crafting/enchanting because it takes away the thrill of finding decent loot

1h, ranged weapons, stealth, blacksmithing, enchantment, restoration, light armor. that's all you need to be op as fuck. min/max for damage like a motherfucker and take advantage of sneak attacks

Thats bullshit and you know it.

Well, my friend who plays was playing it on legendary so I figured I could handle it second hardest

I'm doing range/destruction magic but it was kind of an autistic choice. I still can't do anything with it

Thanks for the help Sup Forumsros.

I guess general vg/skyrim thread?

Mod recommendations?

Get a fuck ton of septims by mixing a giants toe, a blue mountain flower, and wheat into an alchemy lab. Also good to make you tankier.
Pick unrelated

Friend of mine will only play games on Max difficulty, even if that's Ironman survival mode and will keep going until he is expert then never play it again

Your friend sounds like an insufferable moron.

If you really want to beat the game on master or above from scratch you need to learn the AI pathing and exploit its movement and attack cycle weaknesses to survive early levels. You are smart, the computer is dumb and utterly unable to counter strategies more complicated than charging head on. Takes experience but its possible to fool AI into inefficient positions in near every situation.

I know what you mean already. I found a spot I can crouch in and it just levels my sneak for a few minutes

I have put over 2000 hours into Skyrim and have never gone past level 60 with any character, and seldom past level 40. It just gets too easy at that point and isn't fun anymore. Levels 10-20 are probably the most fun.

like anything you do for the 1st time....it will hard for you....i started playing the game for the 1st time like 3 months ago...and now i play legedary and pretty much 1 shit anything, once you know how to enchant, refine armors and weapons and build skills...the game becomes too easy

Is magic not good in this game?

I guess I'm confused because I'm used to playing runescape, where the armor you wear determines how hard your offensive attacks hit

I'm guessing this isn't the case for skyrim?

Currently lvl 13 doing 600+ damage per sneak attack without any points invested into 1h.
Once I reach 65 illusion and get my armor enchanted to reduce the cost for illusion spells to at least half ill be unstoppable. Trick is to destroy the Dark Brotherhood right away and get their double dmg backstab gloves/ muffled boots. Train archery for dragons.

Also I'm on legendary difficulty

Magic is garbage at levels 25+ or so

It's possible to train everything? For some reason I thought you kinda picked a few skills and only train those then use the perks on them

Magic is shit because it doesn't scale at all. The magic just does whatever damage it does and that's about it.

Also the damage it happens to do is pretty shit for about 80% of the game until you get to master level spells and even then it's only decent until you level up crafting skills to the max and then you can make weapons that are like hundreds of times more powerful than the best magic.

Good to know. I'm finding a balanced magic mod to maybe make things easier

For your efforts, gents, some OC ass I eat every morning

Sure but remember enemies level with you so if your going to decide to level everything it's going to be very difficult indeed. You want to focus primarily on one crafting skill in the beginning (enchanting or smithing imo), wear only one type of armor and choose only one type of fighting skill you want to use. (Magic kinda blows except for the illusion spells). The more spread out your skill gains are across various trees in the beginning, the more overall level your character will be. Except you won't have access to the higher level perks that make combat easier and the enemies level with you. Sure at like lvl 20+ you should be cheesing everyone on legendary if you've maxed out a crafting and semi maxed a combat style. You would be safe to start fooling around with every other tree.

Oh god, go start a brawl, finish to the end without changing difficulty

Looks delicious thank you user

Potion of paralysis or fortify unarmored dmg.

I'm on a new Legendary as a vampire without dragons. You have to be smart and use every skill to min/max yourself. Conjuration is your best friend.
>run away a lot

You could use alchemy to create a weakness to magic dmg, use a bow to deliver it and pop a fortify destruction pot to increase those weak ass fireballs into orbs of hellacious demon cum. They'll still be weaker than if you did a stealth attack but it'll look pretty cool and be viable. Do you have enchanted armor to remove the costs of the destruction spells?

Your friend is autistic

Where's your favorite spot to feed? Do you ever go too long without feeding?

>Where's your favorite spot to feed? Do you ever go too long without feeding?
It's usually easy to find someone sleeping in an inn or house (at night). never been a problem so far.
>I haven't fed in a while and the only negative aspects are lower magicka and health. weak to fire. and Stamina doesn't regen in sun.
nobody has outright attacked me for being a vampire though. I don't even see a reason to feed.

Master is reasonably manageable if you know how the enemy works. Learn the attack patterns and when the enemy is about to swing.

Use a one-handed sword if you do melee. It has a fast attack animation but it still has reach unlike a dagger. This allows you to quickly find openings and go back to blocking quickly. Also it's imperative that you learn to dodge. Block attacks if there's no other choice. IMO light armor is better at higher difficulties specifically for it's mobility. Learn to juggle enemies and keep them staggered. Mix bashing and power attacks to achieve this.

Always open up with a sneak attack. Whether it's one arrow or a dagger. This puts you at an advantage before the fight starts.

Regarding magic atronachs are good as they aren't affected as badly by the difficulty change. Sneak archery to start fights and conserve magicka. Destruction dual casting to stagger enemies. Don't dual cast if you won't stagger them because it's an inefficient use of magicka. If you're a mage then don't put any points in health. You'll die in one hit regardless of how much health you have because you're wearing robes. Go glass cannon.

Followers are a bit OP in the game I think especially the heavy armor ones (Mjoll).

Use the terrain to your advantage. Jump off small ledges, jump up rocks. The enemy has shitty pathing mechanics so you can really mess with them.

Bears and sabrecats are cancer. Vampires will rape you early on. Oh and don't get assassinated by a mudcrab lol it does happen.

>it's mobility
light armor's "mobility" just means it doesn't use as much stamina sprinting as heavy armor.
>pretty gay

Nice here's mine

Continuing: If you use magicka, then use the bound bow. It's power is unmatched by anything that's not end-game quality. Thus you'll have something powerful without leveling up yourself too much. Fort Amol has the only spell tome without leveling up conjuration. Fire spells are the best overall provided you can aim. Their magicka efficiency and affinity against undead is great. Everything and it's mother is resistant to frost. Lightning is way too inefficient. Fury in Illusion is god like as it pits enemies against each other. Dual cast it to increase the enemy level cap of the spell.

A lot of skills in skyrim can be OP if you know how to use them superbly and focus on leveling them. Don't spread your skill levels across too many trees because you need to focus on a couple strengths.

Heavy armor slows down your normal running speed. Time your walking speed with heavy armor and with light armor. With a distance that takes a minute or two you'll definitely notice a difference in the amount of time it takes with each run. It's related to the weight of the armor. Check the wiki

>Oh and don't get assassinated by a mudcrab lol it does happen.
this. holy shit those fuckers. i tried using them to train restoration but they're too strong.

>Heavy armor slows down your normal running speed.
do you have a link for that?

looks like WoW

grand waste of your life.. I promise.

Stage 4 everyone attacks you have fun

I've started and succeeded on legendary. It's difficult but doable. You have to know when to run away from a fight if necessary. Agreed conjuration is OP as well as followers. Sneak archery to at least some degree is highly recommended. On legendary you have to change the way you play the game and be very tactical. On master to a lesser extent.

>Stage 4 everyone attacks you have fun
feeding isn't even a problem then. it's been a while sine I fed. I was worried it would happen a lot.
I also remember quick travel deaths from Obilivion, but Vampire is so much easier in Skrim

elderscrolls.wikiacom/wiki/Heavy_Armor_(Skyrim)

Insert a (.) before the com to complete the link. Sup Forums doesn't like it when you post links. Viruses and all

that just says "injures speed" which doesn't mean anything. it just costs more stamina to sprint. there are no speed penalties.

My favorite build to date is bound bow with sneak, illusion, conjuration, enchanting, robes, and optional destruction. All level up points into magicka. I found it optimizes your kill potential without absurd exploits (alchemy, enchanting, smithing combo). It lets you be a bit of a puppet master from the shadows.

dang it man read

Disadvantages
Makes more noise than light armor, so sneaking is harder.
Slows down movement much more than light armor.
Stamina is drained much quicker while sprinting.

>It lowers your sprinting speed and movement speed in general. It's pretty obvious if you run around for a minute or two. You shouldn't even need to look it up to know this it's very obvious.

>dark souls

Destruction is solid if you can use it right. Juggling staggers and getting cost reduction is imperative. Other than that I find it only mildly underpowered. This is considering you don't iron dagger spam smithing to 100 asap in the game. As a mage on higher difficulties you need to take advantage of atronachs. Don't just walk up and try to face roll everything. Mages in many rpg's don't work that way

I don't even touch the magick pool increase, it's only useful until you get your gear to negate the cost of one (two if at 100 enchanting lvl)
I go about 4 lvls into health then 3 into stamina for every 7 levels. Do you would consider that an exploit?

*Negate the cost of one or two magick skills that is. Burnt out from so much skyrim

Not really. It just takes a while to get enchanting high enough to significantly reduce spell costs. By the time you get there your character is already OP. Most skills in skyrim are insane if you specialize in them and are competent with them.

Yeah with legendary enemies exceeding 1-2k hp before calculating resistances, that 50dmg fireball spell just ain't cutting it even with the mana cost reduction. You would need to use fortify destruction pots or weakness to fire/frost/shock/magic elemental dmg poisons to even make it viable in my opinion.

Agreed on legendary destruction sucks, but on most other difficulties it's fine. On legendary you kind of get pigeon holed into the better skills. I thought you were talking about all difficulties in general not the the very hardest one.

True it is a pain to level without having a ton of gold to simply buy prefilled soul gems. I usually build one or two houses first and grow ingredients for paralysis potions (for the insane legendary assholes) and carry weight potions to sell and increase my alchemy level. after that I buy every prefilled soul gem I find, usually best to go to the college. It does take awhile but later on ill need the alchemy level to make the weakness to magic dmg poisons and fortify destruction anyways so they go nice together and is the only way I can see going mage in legendary mode.

>kill chickens till level 99
>lose to a bear
>cry

Sorry I should of mentioned I'm not the guy who said that magic is shit 80% of the time can't find his post to reference it. I think magic is underpowered in this elder scrolls edition and probably the hardest to succeed with in skyrim. However you find the right ways to buff it, it's doable.

Reminds me of that WoW south park episode

u mad wite boi?

fucking redguard, nords are superior

>play hardest difficulty of game
>it's hard
WOW

>redguard
>implying
Skyrim belongs to the Aldmeri Dominion you filthy nord.

watch your tongue, skyrim belongs to the true sons of skyrim!

Wrong

Fallout is not a Bethesda ip and I hope you contract hiv

I do the bound bow with conjuration and illusion. The bound bow is the best bow without investing a lot in other skill trees thus you can keep your level low enough to be powerful with it. That's about as magey as I like to get on legendary.

How to stop restarting the fucking game? And filling up the journal with stupid guests i'll never do.

It literally is though

Has anyone ever thought that Trump's ideology is similar to Ulfric and Hillary represents the empire. "America First" vs "Stronger Together".

MFW Skyrim predicted and debated these philosophies before the 2016 election

>that cuck watching
zozzlel

dear sir, you have an IQ of 130^google+plex

you sit between:
youtube.com/watch?v=Zo6UnKr6Bwg

and

youtube.com/watch?v=PIxSHRIUy6c

I'm not on reddit and no idea how to greentext.

Is there any glitches available on xb1 that are legit like the mystic gloves or the book that both were patched,

Sadly user, it is

I swear to god I'm a moron. I know these things exist, but I decide to fight them without those things anyway