Why are Chinese martial arts so shit compare to Japanese, Korean and Thai martial arts?

Why are Chinese martial arts so shit compare to Japanese, Korean and Thai martial arts?

mensfitness.com/sports/mma/mma-fighter-dismantles-tai-chi-master-10-seconds-ignites-martial-arts-firestorm

Other urls found in this thread:

scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2092285/chinas-kung-fu-experts-step-out-challenge-mma-fighter-who-beat
youtube.com/watch?v=lAlQPNTHQe4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanshou
twitter.com/AnonBabble

chinese martial arts is literally just a bunch of dancing moves, not a fighting moves

Chinese martial arts are overly stylized and ritualized, there's a reason nobody uses them in MMA.

Why are all Asian martial arts so inferior to Western boxing+wrestling?

because it is made for spiritual and aesthetic reasons, not for beating up people

What? Muay Thai >>> Boxing.

Then why call it a martial art?

Martial means for war, not for spirit and aesthetic.

read this:
scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2092285/chinas-kung-fu-experts-step-out-challenge-mma-fighter-who-beat

name is only a name

in chinese it is called gong fu, the achievement of man

or on a more meaningful sense the process of discipline

In chinese it's called wushu, literally meaning martial art.
The explanation in makes more sense, but I'm not sure I buy it.

功夫
look it up companero

武术
look it up buddy

Muay Thai as it exists now has a lot of western boxing in it because its practitioners recognized how good it was.

it's kung fu to the west

you know kung fu hustle? kung fu panda?
not wushu panda etc

Koreans are just copy monkey. They copied Japanese Karate and insisting it is their tradition lol

Korean has unique culture. They invented poo wine.

Instead of shitting in the street, why doesn't India export its poo to Korea?

That's actually good idea

>spicy shits
They do. How do you think they make kimchi?

What's the most effective martial art?

Gun ownership

I do a lot of martial arts. So I was reading some European medieval fighting books recently.
And I noticed a lot of Judo moves were also in it.
And Judo moves were used for disarms (which now also happens in Krav Maga).

That's pretty interesting because for a long time grappling had been somewhat forgotten in west europe, or so I thought.

Let me sip of yours

Because they have spirit, scum portugués e piece of shit

Chinese martial arts are basically just a way to trick dumb peasants into paying money for lessons and stage performances.

Just people don't know but Japanese martial arts impacted many old/new sports in past.

Kinda curry. would you love to taste?

Boxing gives the most practical and direct benefits for your training.
It also does not teach you risky moves. And you stay standing on your feet.

But not a single martial art is complete, as each has it's own set of rules that it's bound by. Even when they just cover one element of fighting you can already see when looking at which moves they prefer what the mindset of that style is.

For example: wrestling has a focus on lifting someone, while Judo on unbalancing. Wrestling stops when someone is on his back, but unless you throw someone on his back Judo keeps going. In Judo standing up is valued, while in BJJ it's all about the ground game, so they have extensive techniques for that.

So if you want to become an allround fighter you are forced to do multiple styles. At least one striking, one grappling and one weapons style. You could do a style that covers it all, but that probably is a self-defense style. And those styles often use more demonstration techniques (due to how easy some techniques can lead to injuries). Or skip weapons and do MMA.

>legs have a higher range and are much more powerful than arms
Shocker

How is Aikido?

I certainly will to try to see my inner virulence

The techniques are often legit, but their teachings are not.
Aikido generally teaches you to twist the arms/head of your opponent.
But they also teach you to take a passive approach to the fight, which makes it very hard to get a hold of the other persons limbs.
Plus they expect moves to go fluidly, while with a resisting opponent moves won't go fluidly. So you might want to punch the guy a couple times to distract him and force him to cooperate with the lock. But that's against the Aikido philosophy.

If you want to learn Aikido techniques I think you're better off doing Hapkido (quite extensive) or Krav Maga (more practical, but less techniques).

Hapkido is often taught in demonstration form though. Which is a bit lame. But it's still more practical than Aikido.

What striking and weapons styles do you recommend?

I did Judo as a kid but I never got the feeling I could properly defend myself with it alone.

oh I see, My teacher told me there is two way. As you said there is passive method, but also there is method of aggressive too.
Well, thank for the recommendation. but I wouldn't take Korean one. Actually I laughed about that Korean had copy version of Aikido. Honesty surprised!

you are 20 years late for that fellow monkey
everybody realized chinese martial arts were garbage in the early UFC

It honestly doesn't matter a lot. Boxing, kick boxing, muay thai (has knees), kyokushin karate (no punches to the head).

If you can I'd combine it with escrima because they actually teach you how to use a weapon before you can defend against it, But if that isn't around Krav Maga is an option.

Judo is taught in a very sports fashion. They don't teach you how to close in on an opponent and avoid punches.
If you want to learn how to apply your Judo in a practical situation you need to study something like Muay Thai.
Because then you learn how to close in on a punching/kicking opponent and get into a clinch, from which you can apply Judo.

>kick boxing

my nigga

nice damage control loser
muay thai =/= chute boxe =/= dutch kick boxing

ain't that from greco-roman wrestling?

Probably.

I mean it makes sense there's hand to hand combat even in weapon fights, specially if thwy are both armoured

bjj is the best martial art ever created

>3 bullshit martial arts in the same sentence

Well, Dutch tribes preferred spears and throwing axes. Which is not very hand to hand friendly.

I used to train a lot of disarms. But one day I realized I could counter every disarm by slashing the defenders arms every time he tried to stick them out. If your opponent knows what he's doing it's almost impossible to go empty handed against them.

Unless he has yet to draw his weapon or if you just happen to land in a situation where you can use it. The most practical thing to do remains kicking the other guy away to make some space and draw your own weapon.

You still learn a lot from them.

Dutch lad is correct here, for a complete package I also recommend a striking and a grappling art. I'd recommend muay thai and judo; thai for its versatile strikes and focus on clinching, and judo for its focus on throwing and keeping one's balance instead of rolling on the ground. Then you combine those with a practical self-defense system like Krav Maga and you have a pretty good combination going for you.

T. 5 years of krav maga, 2 of judo, 1.5 of muay thai and tae kwon do, .5 of kickboxing and BJJ.

you unlearn how to fight
maybe one or two wrist locks from aikido but that's it
you are better off trainning anything else

I also did judo (8 years or so), kick boxing (4-5 years or so), krav maga (5-6 years or so) and now boxing.

Disarms are a game of sacrifice often. You might get hit in the arms, but if it puts you in the position to end the fight, it might be a good trade.

I think those happened more in sword fights, considering parries are a thing. Also sword vs armor, not much you can do besides thrusting armor gaps, and for that you need to put them on the ground

Have either of you ever got into a fight in public? I just wonder because you're both probably right, but if it's somehting that you'll probably never use what's wrong with sticking to some flashy useless kung fu shit?

Kimchi is quite nice as far as vege sides go

I'm a bitch nigga so I intend to stay very far away from martial arts and the brain damage they can cause over time

even if never actually happens you won't shit your pants when some nigger shittalks you
knowing you can beat most people up if you wanted to is a good feeling

>but if it's somehting that you'll probably never use what's wrong with sticking to some flashy useless kung fu shit?

Nothing wrong with that per se: the problem is stuff like aikido is advertised as a martial art when in fact it's really just a highly ritualized form of partner dancing

I don't like fighting on the street, but I have been in a few fights. But my experience is 1 -3 punches gets exchanged and the fight ends. One punch is usually enough to settle the matter.

On the street you never know who your opponent is or how far he will go. But in my personal experience.. I wouldn't really call it fighting what the average guy does.

How likely would you say it is that the other dude(s) would know how to fight? Do you think someone with a few years of kung fu or whatever less practical shit behind them would have an advantage over someone with no training, all things being equal?

Forgot to answer your question. You need to know the basics of fighting first before you should even bother with flashy moves.

I think it's more important to be able to dodge and dish out a punch. While staying in a stable stance. Than to do anything else. Because that's what you will likely need in any fighting situation.

It's possible to catch an arm and do fancy techniques. If you are fast, mobile and alert. But that does require you to identify exactly what the opponent does and respond to it in a precise manner. This takes years of training. If you aren't paying attention it's much more efficient to just raise your arms and cover your head, like they teach you in boxing.

To add:
The first time I got a real punch in the face I instinctively closed my eyes. It's also possible to freeze from the adrenaline.
I can tell you all the techniques in the world won't save you if you do something as stupid as that because you have only done a demonstration style.

>few years of kung fu
probably wouldn't make a difference, or even make it worse

>How likely would you say it is that the other dude(s) would know how to fight?
most people don't practice martial arts, specially full contact, specially in your case, I bet most australians are fucking wimps who never fought.

you can't tell by looks, but his confidence would be a good indicator.

my point is just play hawk. most non fighters will play dove. if the other guy plays hawk too he's either a real fighter or a dumbass. if he's a real fighter it will all come down to who is really the best, but since you have fought before you have been there, you know what it is like, so the fear disappears. of couse, if he's much better than you you will look like a bitch. so train hard and train for real.

Is Tai chi even considered a martial art? I always thought it was like the Chinese version of yoga and Kungfu was what you learned for defense. Muay Thai, Taekwondo, and Aikido are almost dirty fighting by comparison.

they are just for show
China is not a very martial society
they value generals/leaders and planners but not "warriors"

I don't know. Maybe I'll find out when I'm 80 and join the local Tai Chi club for the elderly.

muay thai/boxing + Judo covers basically everything

It's meditation.

best weapons is anything with a pole/stick/staff
Vietnamese martial arts has a lot of emphasis on polearms/staff fighting

Best weapon is a gun.

You mean a battleship.

*dodges your bullets*
heh what now kid
*teleports behind you*

I admire any martial art that reverses the other opponents force, but realistically reach is the easiest. If someone pulls a knife, the only body part that's getting near them is my legs.

matrix

But you gotta admit those Jackie Chan / Bruce Lee movies are highly entertaining.

I honestly wouldn't want to fight them either.

youtube.com/watch?v=lAlQPNTHQe4

bump

Japanese martials arts are olympic sports crap

Mmm.
Modern Muay Thai is more balanced, with heavy influence in terms of hand strikes, movement and clinching from other Martial Arts. Indeed, boxing gloves are even used. Traditional Muay Thai uses rope for gloves and focuses entirely on legs for striking and blocking alike combined with clinching (not in the holding your opponent sense, brief, fast-paced clinches. The stance is even different, less balanced, more oriented for powerful leg strikes and leg-blocking. Everything outside of leg usage in Traditional is minimal/underdeveloped. Actually fist strikes aren't really used in Traditional, elbows are used for arm strikes, hands are for clinching/grabbing the opponent. So Muay Thai's boxing is almost entirely just Western boxing with a different philosophy (due to different rule-set, boxing alone doesn't have to worry about kicks/knees or other shit) and different stance.

Though there is no real "Traditional" and "Modern" it's more of a gradual change, the discipline acclimating to more diverse and rigourous competition.

Ah... I know some Tai-Chi battle style. But He is NOT Tai-Chi style.
Honestly, I don't know why he said "I am Tai-Chi master!"...

Tai-Chi Basic Principle is "Sink Shoulder Drop Elbow".
Maybe It's a every Tai-Chi common sense.
Those martial arts style want to try like fig left person,
but he always pretend like fig right person.
I don't know his martial arts style truly, but He is not tai-chi, totally not.
It's looks like some kind of hired amateur actor dressed Karate uniform
and say "HAHA!, I AM KARATE MASTER!" things. It is unhappy for anyone :(

That seems inefficient.

wow,
can't believe Sup Forums could hold a serious conversation

this is a good thread

IF you read about the start of the twenty century, you will see than wrestling and grappling was big,it's only pre-war sports than forgot about it.

There's no quality control in kung fu so any Tom, Dick, and Harry can get away with a lot of bullshit. Any martial art that regularly spars will have a good degree of usefulness for combat.

they mustve had some actual martial arts, but simply failed to pass it down

only 太極拳s which are like Yoga for chinese normies and some battle dance-ish things are left.

fucking dumb monkey karate's founder is a south korean

Boxing/kickboxing and learning how to use a knife and a wooden stick or club.

An actual fight on the street will teach you that you can throw all your fancy moves to the trash and the one and only thing that matters is knocking out/stabbing/hitting the faggot before he manages to do that to you.
There are no judges to save you from being mauled to death.

Wushu is what Jet Li is a pro at.

*inhales*

WE WUZ QINGZ

we wuz building karates while the japman was running buttnaked yo

>karate's founde
who

Because they killed all the good ones during the Great leap

Modern-day boxing is truly one of the most efficient martial arts of all time for your average casual/normie.

If you plan on learning a martial art, but you're only going to train for about 2 to 3 days a week, fuck everything else and just take up boxing. 3 months of casual boxing puts you on the equivalent of somebody who took some meme shit for a whole year, like Aikido or Taekwondo.

Boxing is, and I can't stress this enough, the most efficient martial art anyone can ever take if they just plan on learning enough to hold their in the odd street fight every now and then.

Left-Humanity-Behind tier:
>Gunplay/EDC
>Calling up "Kimo and the boiz" to go "fuck 'em up, brah"
>Pre-meditated hired assassin

Ascending tier:
>MMA
>BJJ

Patrician tier:
>Boxing
>Muay Thai
>Kyokushin Karate

Krav-Maga tier:
>Aikido

Aikido tier:
>Krav-Maga

McDojo tier:
>Karate
>Taekwondo
>Taichi
>Capoeira (mega ass-faggot)

The Angel of Death's Personal Martial Art:
>Rex-Kwon-Do

Trips confirm. BJJ is the single most useful one, at least here since 99% of fights are between drunks which end up as wrestling matches anyway unless the other guy gets knocked out in 1 hit. I trained in kickboxing for a while, but I would never ever want to fight my friend who has trained BJJ for a long ass time even though he's 20cm shorter than me and weighs 10kg less

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanshou

Alot of the older stuff was crushed due to a lack of people to pass down the skills

None. Learn krav-maga/kapap/personal defense instead.

How comes there have been 0 Asian champs in the UFC when MMA came from Asia?

>BJJ
Yeah, lets roll on the ground during a street fight.
Thats a very good way to get your head kicked in.

Tai Chi is not a "martial" art, as something that is used to fight people. There is no way a chinese guy would win anyway because their Kung Fu arts with any degree of grappling are already uncommon, and with a degree of ground grappling is easier to strike gold.

BJJ became famous by street fighting in 1vs1, 5vs5 situations. Only retards believe it is a good option for 1vs2 or more.

After the whole mafia thing, mixed martial arts lost credit in Japan at least, which were their biggest powerhouse. Also because asians are inferior mentally to westerns. They refuse to evolve and learn. "Our superior punching martial arts is fine as it is, you don't need faggy wrestling added to our training! Okay we lose a lot against westerns that do everything but they have no pride!" They traditionally rather suppress new ideas than use them for their goal.

Parkour
Beats anyone without a gun or throwable stuff