Why is weed still illegal in the US?

Why is weed still illegal in the US?

Will Trump or Hillary change this during their term as president?

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=8930251
sage.buckinstitute.org/why-selection-bias-should-affect-the-way-you-view-alcohol-consumption/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think all drugs should be legal.
Then all morons will be dead.

Also:
>zero deaths in history
d o u b t

I don't know about Hillary but Trump supports legalizing medical and thinks the states should decide on their own if recreational is legalized

>doubting the harmlessness of marijuana

DARE kid get lost.

DUDE

>growns brain cells
nice meme, get the fuck outta here stonertrash

>disputing science because you dislike weed

Lmao

>Why is weed still illegal in the US?
Because government could do whatever it wants. Reason or people's will is not for them they are driven by other powers.

I mean from overdose and general direct causes of death. I mean technically water is exponentially more dangerous than weed if you use that kind of expanded logic.

GROW BRAIN CELLS???

>alcohol
>addictive
>1 GORILLION DEATHS IN A SINGLE YEAR!!!
>COSTS THE POLICE BILLIONS!!!

not even going through the dude weed lmao lies. nobody actually believes this bullshit, do they?

>grows brain cells

>non-addictive
>cures cancer
>zero deaths in history
>grows brain cells

If your major political concern in this turbulent day and age is legalizing weed, please just kill yourself

>Cannabidiol (CBD), the main non-psychotomimetic component of the plant Cannabis sativa, exerts therapeutically promising effects on human mental health such as inhibition of psychosis, anxiety and depression. However, the mechanistic bases of CBD action are unclear. Here we investigate the potential involvement of hippocampal neurogenesis in the anxiolytic effect of CBD in mice subjected to 14 d chronic unpredictable stress (CUS). Repeated administration of CBD (30 mg/kg i.p., 2 h after each daily stressor) increased hippocampal progenitor proliferation and neurogenesis in wild-type mice. Ganciclovir administration to GFAP-thymidine kinase (GFAP-TK) transgenic mice, which express thymidine kinase in adult neural progenitor cells, abrogated CBD-induced hippocampal neurogenesis. CBD administration prevented the anxiogenic effect of CUS in wild type but not in GFAP-TK mice as evidenced in the novelty suppressed feeding test and the elevated plus maze. This anxiolytic effect of CBD involved the participation of the CB1 cannabinoid receptor, as CBD administration increased hippocampal anandamide levels and administration of the CB1–selective antagonist AM251 prevented CBD actions. Studies conducted with hippocampal progenitor cells in culture showed that CBD promotes progenitor proliferation and cell cycle progression and mimics the proliferative effect of CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptor activation. Moreover, antagonists of these two receptors or endocannabinoid depletion by fatty acid amide hydrolase overexpression prevented CBD-induced cell proliferation. These findings support that the anxiolytic effect of chronic CBD administration in stressed mice depends on its proneurogenic action in the adult hippocampus by facilitating endocannabinoid-mediated signalling.

journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=8930251

Marijuana causes insomnia. Every stoner I've ever known also had pretty bad psychological problems.

>CBD
And there goes the need for THC amirite :*)?

>Marijuana causes insomnia
Alcohol can also cause insomnia, just don't drink or smoke to much and you won't get insomnia

>all drugs should be legal
>live in a welfare state

Shitniggawhatareyoudoing.jpg

Trump says its up to the states.

He doesn't care and has said medical cannabis has helped people he knows.

Hes also a businessman who sees massive profits from it.

>non addictive
>cures cancer
>grows brain cells

Driving while stoned is just as bad as driving drunk, so there are deaths caused by it. Just not really directly from use of the drug.

>Non-Addictive
stop smoking

>Cures Cancer
Eh, bre!!

>Zero deaths in history
Meanwhile Pablo family was exteminated by a cartel becase of it.

>Grows brain cells
>everything else kill braincells, even looking at a television light or the sun kills it.
But Pot science tell otherwise Breh!!!

What is Google? You could ask it, and get real answers.
Weed is kept illegal by big pharma and alcohol companies that lobby against its legalization.
Seriously, try Google. It's not even difficult.

Neither should be legal.

>Feeling good only when consuming substances that alter how your mind works.

Psychological addiction is real.

because THINK OF THE CHILDREN user!

Honestly it's retarded it's illegal and it's on its way to being legalized. No one cares about it anymore.

Hillary definitely wouldn't legalize it. She might put out some random soundbite being all "YEAH I'LL THINK ABOUT IT" in order to bring in Bernie Bros, but she'd do an about face after being elected because, again, think of the children user.

Trump? IDFK honestly.

Let me fathom some arbitrary position where irresponsible people cause deaths and pin it on Marijuana, that will show em!

Source for "science"?

> Cannabis grows braincells
I'd like to know the source to that..

this is bs
but it still should be legal

I already posted one of the sources in the thread

Let me fathom some arbitrary position where irresponsible people cause deaths and pin it on
Alcohol, that will show em!

Because it's a good excuse to fill up prisons which the prison guard Union and the police unions lobby hard for.

No neither will address the issue.

He said that he's gotten "reports of tremendous problems coming out of Colorado" (total bullshit by the way) and wouldn't want other states to legalize.

>Why is weed still illegal in the US

Because both the republicans and democrats have agreed at this point more or less that legalization of marijuana should be a state by state affair in current year.

>Will Trump or Hilary change this

Hilary will reschedule it which will make researching it easier and legitimize medical marijuana. Trump has shown some support of medical marijuana but has made no firm promises. Both support state by state legalization, not federal level legalization.

I have definitely seen problems in Colorado when it comes to the sheer amount of bureaucratic red tape and early problems with edible dosages not being standardized. Police have said its made marijuana enforcement more difficult as it's now more ambigious and harder to discern if somebody is breaking the law whereas before it was "He has weed, book em danno". DUI enforcement remains problematic as well, people can't agree what is a good legal limit.

>Why is weed still illegal in the US?
Pharmaceutical industries and private prisons make too much money from it remaining illegal
>Will Trump or Hillary change this during their term as president?
Trump will legalize medical marijuana and leave recreational legalization up to the states.
Hillary will pay the subject lip service but make no meaningful changes to drug policy

>Hilary
“I think what the states are doing right now needs to be supported, and I absolutely support all the states that are moving toward medical marijuana, moving toward — absolutely — legalizing it for recreational use. …What I’ve said is let’s take it off the what’s called Schedule I and put it on a lower schedule so that we can actually do research about it. There’s some great evidence about what marijuana can do for people who are in cancer treatment, who have other kind of chronic diseases, who are suffering from intense pain. There’s great, great anecdotal evidence but I want us to start doing the research.”

>Trump
“In terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state. … Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states.”

Hilary seems to me to be making a much clearer endorsement of medical marijuana and medical marijuana research to me. Trump stops short of actually commiting to anything other than state by state legalization.

alcohol actually makes you live longer when consumed daily and in moderation

this data is skewed - many people that do not drink do nto do so because they are in really poor health and skew the data in a negative way for non-drinkers

this makes moderate drinkers look healthier, but healthy non drinkers are actually healthier than moderate drinkers

>many people that do not drink do nto do so because they are in really poor health and skew the data in a negative way for non-drinkers
do you have any source whatsoever for that assertion?

go read any study on alcohol and stop reading """"""""""science journalism"""""""""" where correlation always equals causation - they do not control for these factors

also before you get rear-ravaged: sage.buckinstitute.org/why-selection-bias-should-affect-the-way-you-view-alcohol-consumption/

> When the researchers confined their analysis to just patients who had stopped drinking during the course of the study, they found that they had worse performance on cognitive tests than those that maintained a similar amount of alcohol consumption over the whole study.
>When questioned at follow-up, the researchers found that more than half of the people in this group had quit drinking due to health problems—suggesting that their poorer performance on thinking tasks was due to poorer overall health having an effect on the brain.
>more than half of the people in this group had quit drinking due to health problems

these studies are all skewed because of things like this

Both are addictive. Both are more or less depressant. Cigarettes cured cancer and had never killed anyone until relatively recently.

>Police and the health services save billions of pounds in the UK where health and "public order and safety" expenses combined are 172 billion total because marijuana is so wonderful the police literally save money arresting people for owning it.
Unlikely.

>Death via OD
>No OD
How much liquor would you seriously need to drink to kill yourself? Like enough for it to literally be 3-5% of your blood. How about weed brownies? A full stomach's worth?

>Weed is such a miraculous drug that even though it's B& people actually use it to regrow brain cells lost to liquor.
New level of retardation here folks.

i can tell you googled for sources because i read it and that's not as related as you think it is. "the group" being referred to in the third line is the group of people who stopped drinking over the course of the study mentioned in your first line, not teetotalers. sounds like you have a pre-existing bias against alcohol you're fervently trying to defend

>non-addictive

Lol when will this meme die?

i love having a good drink - i just am also skeptical about these studies that people put out.. there is inherent data bias and they are motivated to churn out study after study that gets press

making people feel good about their vices is good press

take a look at all the coffee studies.. same shit

and i drink coffee every day

Police, courts,cia need a boogieman for money(taxes and consumer drug users) to build a state of total government control.

What is a lung cancer?