Why do white people like 90s gangsta rap so much?

Why do white people like 90s gangsta rap so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fo-vJFr0P-k
soundcloud.com/t-r-i-b-3/this-is-real-rap-prod-noise-system-n8-state-of-mind
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

virtue signalling

Most of the other shit that white people in this age group liked as children is embarrassing (boy bands, nu metal etc) so rap which aged well like Snoop, Dre, Pac, Biggie, Wu Tang etc are their nostalgia inducing "classics". 2000s kids like it because it's a better version of the modern rap music that they're already listening to.

It was harder to make, distribute and accept. It was more of an art form, and less of a commercial package. The bar was set higher. Sure, arguments could be made against, but just like the 80's...doing more with less always wins over doing less with more. Mumble rap? Come the fuck on man...

UUhh...take an apple...
Uhhh...Drinkin...snapple
Like I got these bitches like...
I'm the vass-catchelll....

It's not about one particular thing though...its about the total package. Something with a great CLASSIC hook, a DJ cutting it up, and some great lyricism over it. Everything today is Trap...with AAAYY and some overproduced crap on top.

Diplo is this generation's DJ Premier...which is sad for the genre.

90's gangsta rap used actual instruments and good samples and dumb as a brick rappers weren't fucking pretentious about themselves like they are now

Rap today is better than it ever has been.

nah

Why do black people like shitty trap rap so much?

thrash metal was huge out of the blue in the 80s too.

people remember it fondly because it was fucking popular dude.

Agreed. Beats of today are insane. I still love old school though.

How can't you love it to be fair

youtube.com/watch?v=Fo-vJFr0P-k

nobody is doing anything new though

Because it sounds good. It isn't about lyrics. It's about how it sounds

why did he do it us

he had to user, he had to

this
It was fun and entertaining to listen to, not this "Conscious" Hip Hop or Trap shit

Aye Can yall Check my Boom Bap Track

soundcloud.com/t-r-i-b-3/this-is-real-rap-prod-noise-system-n8-state-of-mind

who is this kid and why do i see this pic all the time?

You know I had to do it to em

because it's objectively better?

the bigger question is - what does any white person find in rap lyrics that is relative to their lifestyle and experience?

man the 90s was so fun, it was like hip hop was one big party despite the beefs. now its depressed emo rappers that refuse to even be on the same stage with each other

there are these westcoast like rappers that still make party rap

dont white people fuck girls? arent there white criminals? dont white people do drugs?

It's good music.

"Conscious" hiphop predates gangsta rap by a decade.

because it's funky as shit

Why aren't rap fags, even the white ones, capable of intelligent conversation?

Beat wise yes, but rappers today are fucking terrible. Just listen to Playboi Carti. The only reason I listen to him is because he has very good producers, but he can't rap for shit. He just says random shit and ad-libs more than the actually raps.

Doesn't mean there aren't other active rappers that aren't lyrical. There was a lot of terrible rap in the 90s, most people don't remember it is all.

yeah and it sounds dated as fuck now with primitive beats and cringe lyrics

>why do people like popular music