"This life as you now live it and have lived it...

"This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!"

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So groundhogs day?

So there's the theory that the world will expand, then collapse forever big booming / big crunching over and over, forever.

This theory is as retarded as Corky.

Why is that theory retarded?

It's no worse than other baseless guessing made by physicists with incomplete data.

Please though, feel free to ramble like a fuck tard about things you don't understand.

What is more likely? The the theory of expansion and collapse of a system that endlessly repeats itself over and over, exactly as it has before with no evidence to support it? Or a magical sky man who controls every aspect of the universe?

The answer is: Both are as retarded as Chris Burke.

Also, this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy

I'm not really retarded, it's downs syndrome kinda different but whatever... Neitzsche meant this more like if your life were to be lived over and over again forever, would it be a blessing or a curse? Are you living a life that's really worth living or would just not existing be better.

Sure OK. I don't mind.
(50yo)

I'm a huge fan of Nietzsche. I loved "Beyond Good and Evil." Especially the passage:

"Blah blah bosh boof doublespeak flimsy reasoning blah blah blerp blibbity blah bunk stupidity. Nonsense blah blah dumbness german angst. Blah blah moody kids in high school will be quoting me for centuries to come blah blah bosh bloobity blah stupidity blerp blap blop."

He truly had his finger on the pulse of existence.

Well there is evidence of the big bang, you can hear it if you listen to the background radiation of the universe.
But yeah there is no evidence of it happening over and over, just like there is no evidence of a creator god.

You know what ends up happening?

It expands. Forever and ever. And everything breaks down at the subatomic level until theres a few flecks of dust milling about in the universe aimlessly. Heat death, they call it.

Just like us. We die and we're gone.

There's no big crunch. The universe doesn't replay itself exactly over and over. Entropy wouldn't allow for it. And the universe isn't a mind. It's not conscious. It's not a simulation by a hyper intelligent group of extra dimensional aliens. It is what it is and nothing more.

>It is what it is and nothing more.
This only means I gotta do my best to enjoy my brief time here. Nothing has inherent value, but I can imbue things I find important with meaning.
To me life is more precious because I only get this one try.

Fucking kek

Exactly. So start posting up pro/anti trump memes as quickly and as furiously as possible.

I dunno about you, but I fully intend to waste my existence. No travelling, shitty relationships ultimately ending in me becoming and old embittered lonely person who is waiting for death by the time he's 50. And lots and lots of drink.

Now THAT is how life is SUPPOSED to be.

If that makes you happy, go for it.
My dream is starting up a commune with likeminded people and becoming as self-sufficient as possible.

All full of natural grains, vigorous praying, tithes, will-less people succumbing to your whims and all the pre-teen cooze you can molest. We're on to you, High Father.

Nah, no religion is going to be a part of it, other than what people might privately believe.
It would be a commune of peers who discuss what needs to be done. I have no wish to become some sort of cult leader.

"Hey Joe, thanks for coming to the meeting. In this meeting, we're going to discuss what needs to be done."

"Well, It seems to me that we're a bunch of loons who live on a commune in the middle of nowhere. It started as a good idea and then the original idea got perverted and like every other stupid hippie commune, and we stopped vaccinating our kids that we stupidly named "moonbeam" "aquaria" and "Desert Breeze". We all smell like shit and use this natural soap that doesn't actually world. 3 of our members died of diseases you normally find in India, some failed African countries or other third world hellholes. And 4 of the men here are fathers to children by 3 to 4 different women each. Just like every other stupid commune that ever got established. Because we live in a hellworld where we're like Lord of the Flies. In any case, what needs to be done is we need to all move back with our families in the city and get our fucking lives back in order before that kid Moonbeam starts murdering us and collecting our faces."

Well aren't you a bundle of sunshine user.
I still want to try, if things start going sour I can always leave.

Show me an example where one of these communes actually thrived and survived instead of becoming a cultish / narcissists hellhole or some weird place that the sheriff has to go visit every time a serial killer rolls through?

Well there is Thy Lejren(The Thy Camp) in northern Jutland in Denmark. They've been thriving since the late 70's as far as I know.
It might be a difference in culture, I'm danish and cults only really show up here if people involve religion into it. Secular communes tend to do well here.

Enough of this hippie commune talk. Bring it back to Nietzsche, or at least Korky!