Why was this album forgotten so soon after release?

Why was this album forgotten so soon after release?

Because it closed the book. It's over.
Hip hop is something else now, and ATCQ knew that.

Because pepe is on the cover, and anything to do with him is now shunned since he is an alt right symbol

Cannot for the life of me see the appeal of ATCQ. They're OK, I guess?

Anyone want to fill me in on why they're so acclaimed?

Why do you keep making these threads?

It was a great album but since we know there's not going to be any more Tribe albums we've moved on to other stuff.

Best album of 2016 to be honest. Only one not-great track.

>Only one not-great track
which one?

idk I didn't forget about it, still jam it every now and then. I enjoy it just as much as their classics desu

Movin Backwards. It's okay though, just not as good as the other tracks.

the cover is atrocious

Because Q Tip can't rap anymore and the production seems antiquated. These throwback albums are great for one listen but then you realize if you wanted to listen to a nostalgic album you'd listen to one that you actually feel nostalgic towards

>Because Q Tip can't rap anymore
Disagree, but everyone is entitled to their own opi-
>production seems antiquated
Boiiii. The production on this album is god tier.

The Donald dragged for too long

bad taste in visual art detected

Its not talked about very often but its honestly one of the only good hip hop albums this decade

I forgot about it before even listening. Maybe because it melts in with the other ATCQ albums in my iTunes.

Everyone I've heard talk about it tells me it's one of their favorites of 2016 (I'd agree, too, it's great.) There's little discussion to be had.

It's crazy how well it fits into both their discography and the current state of hip hop - really shows how forward looking ATCQ was.

Because they left the game. It's a goodbye album, one of the first original Afrocentric groups left and passed the torch.

Low end theory and midnight marauders. Also the earliest artists to utilize jazz into rap music,also influential in conscious rap and considering their sound is timeless and doesn't rely on them being tough or using gimmicks and showing you can be regular and rap

Ouch, wow. Movin Backwards is certainly up there compared to the not-best-utilized opportunity of Killing Season & especially Mobius and Cons goofy-as-hell first verse.

Dude, those rhymes on Midnight Marauders, coupled with those not-overly-busy and chill-as-fuuuck beats? Amazing.

Disc 2 >>> Disc 1

prove me wrong faggots

Honestly, they're almost *exactly* even.
I'd argue the only very-slightly-less-than-top-album-quality songs on 1 are Whateva Will Be and Dis Generation, while 2 has Killing Season and Conrad Tokyo, but also the weakest link of Mobius, and depending on who you are the possibly-overlong The Donald

So for me it's really only Consequence's goofy ass on Mobius that pulls 2 below 1 for me

Also Solid Wall of Sound is just such a titan, my god

Disc 1 has The Space Program and Solid Wall of Sound so you're wrong

nu males think its "deep"

MUSLIMS AND GAYS HATE DRUMPF BUT LOVE EACHOTHER!!!

It got discussed a ton when it came out a year ago. We don't talk about any albums from a year ago though because we've moved on to newer things. You can start this same thread about every album from last year.