What was the first song that really amazed you and got you into music?

What was the first song that really amazed you and got you into music?

For me, it would be Time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jFx-Rx6PfCw
youtu.be/wp43OdtAAkM
youtube.com/watch?v=2IVToqYzBQo
youtube.com/watch?v=ogHIUNfu2vY
youtube.com/watch?v=FBlnrRUVfo0
youtube.com/watch?v=G-Xgxeal328
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>>/reddit/

Great Gig in the Sky and Us and Them are the superior tracks on that album desu

Pretty plebeian, but Fade To Black. It's the song that made me wanna start playing guitar.

anchuent mandarin folk music number 3

The very first time I was ever stopped in my tracks by music was hearing Kashmir being blasted from my living room when I was about 7
this is a thread about "first songs" of course it's going to be plebby you fuckwit

Us and Them maybe, but I don't get the appeal of GGITS

gybe-static unironically.

youtube.com/watch?v=jFx-Rx6PfCw

it was on gta

what a disgrace

>WOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
>AAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Yeah really better than WYWH and Animals.

Started listening to random songs from the radio when I was a preteen
Discovered chillwave/vaporshit a few years later
Started browsing Sup Forums a couple months after that

It wasn't really what got me into music, but the first song to amaze me was Bohemian Rhapsody.

Supertramp - Fool's Overture

The Perfect Drug - Nine Inch Nails

>Screaming is the only thing he picked up from GGITS

Pompeii Echoes got me.

Hey Jude

literally Crazy Train

Porcupine Tree - Phase 1 from Voyage 34
I didn't understand the lyrics back then but what I felt the first time I've heard that guitar solo is indescribable

I remember listening to Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush on an old walkman when I was 8 or 9 and for the first time being amazed by a song. Up until then I either thought stuff was good or it sucked after listening for about 10 seconds, this was the first time I didn't know what to feel. The chorus at 2:40 was the first time I remember having my breath taken away by a song. To this day it's still my favourite
youtu.be/wp43OdtAAkM

Musically it's straightforward blues rock, lyrically it's screaming. What great emotional resonance am I supposed to have missed from the most overrated track on the most overrated album of all time?

Hallowed be thy name - Iron Maiden

You are underdeveloped, you need a bogan dad blasting metallica on the way to school to be truly patrician.

please don't make fun of me
through the fire and flames led me to listen to music

Atom heart mother

Champagne Supernova

Fade to Black is fun to play.

youtube.com/watch?v=2IVToqYzBQo

Heard it in my sister's car when I was like 12 and it was the first time I realized music could be expressive the same way paintings are

Boards of Canada - An Eagle in Your Mind
>tfw I LOVE YOU

all i need and paranoid android by radiohead blew my fucking mind when i was 13 lmao

god you fucking loser

GGITS really gets its power from following Time

:(
I can see your point

Very nice user

youtube.com/watch?v=ogHIUNfu2vY

>muh dadrock

>LET'S EXCHANGE THE EXPERIENCE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

I wouldn't say it amazed me, but Disturbed's Perfect Insanity got me into collecting my own music in earnest.

Eruption by EVH.

No Quarter by LZ

Dunno, but my first music related memory is my mom playing me youtube.com/watch?v=FBlnrRUVfo0 to sleep when I was maybe 5

youtube.com/watch?v=G-Xgxeal328

Probably something by linkin park

Nujabes - Feather
or
Boredoms - Super Shine

Riders on the Storm- The Doors

nice user

yeah same for me

>muh gatekeeping

probably Shine on You Crazy Diamond 1-5

Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz

Giant Steps. I hadn't really realized stuff could be that fast and complex.

Probably Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band

Carter Beauford is a fucking legend.

I'd post it but Sup Forums is a bunch of normies who never heard it.

I doubt for most of us it's gonna be one song, but a couple as we go through the rounds in life

As a kid I heard a lot like REM, Green Day, Queen, MJ, Linkin Park, Smash Mouth

Early teens I memorized a couple steely dan songs that played on a chatline some buddies and I used to call, and I also really really got into the Beatles

Early highschool brought me blink-182, Brand New, TBS, Nirvana, stuff like that

I think Nirvana and Blink-182 encouraged me to learn the guitar the most though. Come As You Are and Dammit specifically

The Final Countdown by Europe.

Something I can never have: NIN

Two Headed Boy and Two Headed Boy part 2

i started my epic andventure with Sup Forums from these songs. in addition i bought my Guitar because of ITAOTS

I heard Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix in the car with my dad one day and knew I wanted to play guitar like that someday. But my first band i was into was Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance. Ahh middle school.

>IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON

Slipknot's wait and bleed on an old as fuck video of an obscure korean mmo back when youtube was new-ish
[spoiler]I still think its alright[/spoiler]

System of a Down - Chop Suey

Girl.

Speak To Me/Breathe. I was 11 years old, my dad was driving me to his house some fall night, and it came on the radio. I can vividly remember the moment Breathe started because it was the first time I got full-body chills listening to music.

I remember Kashmir being really powerful when I was a kid, but for me it was actually riding around listening to Houses of the Holy with my dad at around 6 years old. I just loved Dancing Days and that lyric about the "tadpole in a jar."
I also remember my dad getting Offspring's "Smash" around that time on cassette and me and my brother would wrestle on the floor to "Keep 'em Separated." I got into things like Nirvana and RHCP from my dad a few years later.

This is a comfy thread

great song

This is one of my father's favorite albums. We would listen to it on cassette tape all the time in long car rides. My dad was genuinely surprised I liked it, and in a way I was too. I was never into music at this point (I was around 9 or 10), and the sounds were just soothing to me. I wouldn't call this my favorite jazz album now, but it always holds a special place in consciousness because of the nostalgia of pleasant rides with my father coupled with being what began my musical journey.

Hella - whatever that green album was
And Giraffes? Giraffes! - Pink Magick

Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory too

Beach Boys

feel free to laugh me out of the room but it was Video Killed the Radio Star by The Buggles. Up until then i listened to like five entry-level pop-punk bands and thought synthesizers didn't belong in music. The song hasn't aged well for me but it opened my eyes and eventually got me into Devo

when minecraft was first spreading ~2010 the soundtrack made me go searching for more piano music

a proud tradition of the board

How did you discover it?

When I was a kid, I listened to The Four Seasons, Bolero and Swans Lake, and they really got to me, but I didn't know anyone that liked that kind of music or had internet (and when I got it, I didn't understand how to use it for discovering stuff, and just stuck to the common places).

Then, when I was maybe like 15 I heard Where is my Mind in yt, and that got me in noise rock, and just everything labeled "alternative"

Nowday I'm trying to rediscover classical, and enjoying it is easy, but I feel like there is a lot that goes lost on me.

Comfortably numb for me. I came from my athletics practice tired as fuck, had been wanting to try some new music (sorry I was an extreme pleb, still sorta am, mostly cause no one in my family but my brother gives a shit about music and same with all my friends)
So I was just laying and then the solo came and it just sorta struck me. I've come a long way since then

Probably the 17-minute version of inna-gadda-da-vida.

One of the first songs that got stuck in my head was Losing my Religion I think

buttrock emotions: vol 3

My dad bought me Beethovens 5th when I was a kid and I really liked it. I also liked Led Zepplin 4 when i was like 8 or 9.

WYWH or Regatta de Blanc used to listen to my dad's old shit and it sorta expanded from there.

Regatta de Blanc or WYWH. Used to listen to my Dad's old stuff on his phone and it expanded from there

Pink Floyd - Pigs (Three Different Ones)

Degausser by Brand New is the first song that really blew my mind.

All of Lonerism

Metallica cover of Blitzkrieg

>listens almost exclusively to rock
>thinks he's into music
hahaha

Ow the edge

Breadcrumb Trail

This is gonna sound gay but the first time I heard Iron Maiden - The Trooper as a kid, I was blown away by the realization that music can be this good. That song was what got me into rock music and playing guitar.

March of the Pigs actually, was like a slap to the face

Martha & the Vandellas, both Heatwave & Jimmy Mack

>Dogs
>features dog barking
:^)

Ffffucking Barenaked ladies - one week

Probably Smells Like Teen Spirit.
Shit was insane when I first heard it on the radio. Im not old btw.

For me, it was Another Brick In The Wall, althought the song that made me passionate about music is Charlie fa Surf from an italian group, baustelle

Tortoise - Seneca

i was listening normie 80s stuff at first, my buddy loved Frank Zappa's Sheikh Yerbouti and i did too, then i listened to this album and near the end of it i was like what the fuck is this horseshit, i need to hear more of this

Knights of Cidonia lol

I accept and embrace my plebian faggotry