Is Beyonce the most impactful/important musician of all time...

Is Beyonce the most impactful/important musician of all time? Did you know that there is a Beyonce Studies course in the United States that you can major in?
>pic related is the Beyonce studies professor Kevin Allred of Rutgers University
Has someone other than Beyonce had a bigger impact on music in the last 50 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/04/beyonce-songwriters
youtube.com/watch?v=3nxzojxYp20
telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10607390/Beyonce-studies-anyone-8-other-ridiculous-university-courses.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Americans pay $50k for this

You wouldn't want to learn how to professionally slay?

A college course on Beyonce. Wow.

I can be a drag queen or a diversity coordinator at a workplace/uni neat.

>Rutgers University
Welp, lost respect for that school now. My uncle went there. I also remember reading about a course on Beyonce's Lemonade at some Texas university. This is so fucking retarded. They're finding meaning out of nothing and whatever meaning actually exists is just banal virtue signalling from an out-of-touch megastar multi-millionaire. Nothing to study.

They just want more money from middle class women who'll eat shit like this up. College admins care about profit these days.

>diversity coordinator at a workplace/uni
Why do I feel like that can be a real thing in the future?
Brb, gonna sign on for a Beyonce course.

An unemployed and clinically obese autistic manchild who shitposts on Sup Forums all day. Wow.

I am employed buttnugget. I'm on my lunch break.

Imagine being like some advance mathematics professor and you have to work alongside some beta who teaches a meaningless course about how to worship beyonces fat negresss ass

>just banal virtue signalling from an out-of-touch megastar multi-millionaire
Not even Beyonce herself, but her songwriting camps that barely include a women or a poc if at all.

It is a real thing already

Tell me exactly what the fuck it is you do now that you have recently attained employment.

Yeah niggas wonder why college is so expensive and then you look at the list of college courses and there's 300+ classes of bullshit like beyonce studies or the history of hentai or something. Cut all these useless classes and you won't have to pay so many people.

Dude, I'd rather be a fat, unemployed shitposter on Sup Forums than a Beyonce studies graduate.

If you want to make money take get a STEM or business degree.
If you want to live at home with your parents and sell trinkets on etsy get a beyonce studies degree

Wait can you major in this or is it just some stupid class you can take for an art credit? It'd be different if it were just some class people could take.

For real? Like in the sjw sense of the word ''diversity''?
Holy shit, George Orwell coudn't make this shit up.

I'm a production assistant at a medical linen company in rva
I would trade places with those people to go back to school.

>Before you start assuming this is a made-up university, Rutgers University in New Jersey is actually a respected institution which ranks 99 out of 400 world universities. In other words, this Beyoncé course is not a joke
>It is a course that will use Beyoncé’s career as a jumping off point to explore American race, gender and sexual politics. Course topics will include whether Queen B’s half-naked body is empowering or stereotypical, the extent of her control over her own aesthetic, and how she fits in with other singers like Nina Simone and Lady Gaga.

stop working at HandCraft Services

You can google diversity coordinators and find a ton of job postings. It's basically that, to promote tolerance in the workplace and what not and organize sensitivity training, like an HR guy (ahem I'm sorry gender neutral person).

It sucks so bad, but it's money..hate the no weekly pay

Bi weekly

Im pretty sure that Beyonce doesn't even write her own music, and she sure doesn't produce it. Why do normies praise her so much when they should be praising a team of middle aged white dudes?

>mfw American college

user, it's ignorant and racist to critisize her for not writing or producing her music.
>Here’s Why Criticizing Beyoncé for Working with Songwriters Is Ignorant
>It shows a lack of understanding of art, and also intellectual-property law. And it‘s probably racist, too.
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/04/beyonce-songwriters

The media tries to paint her as this untouchable goddess. She doesn't even do interviews anymore because she can't even formulate sentences that are not pre-written by her PR team.
youtube.com/watch?v=3nxzojxYp20

Have you never been to universities every major subject has their own individual department this dumb ass beyonce class would be in the humanities or the sociology department

This is a 'I need to boost my GPA' class its quite obvious

>not studying Elvish instead

>there is a Beyonce Studies course in the United States that you can major in
>course
>that you can major in
WDHMBT?

>find no meaning

have you even listened to lemonade? you can call it shit or whatever but saying it lacks meaning blatantly shows you haven't listened to it. literally every single song has some sort of fleshed out narrative that millions of people are relating to plus the visuals that are legitimately compelling from a filmic stand point.

or are you just conflating lack of meaning with lack of something you can personally relate with??

honestly speaking, what modern day popstar deserves something like this instead of beyonce? inb4 grimes or something equally stupid.

Lol, I fucked up didn't I? As you can tell I don't english much. There are articles that say both ''Beyonce course'' and ''a Beyonce major''i I got confused.

>this dumb ass beyonce class would be in the humanities or the sociology department
It says it is taught in the Department of Women’s and Gender Studies.

telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10607390/Beyonce-studies-anyone-8-other-ridiculous-university-courses.html

>reading comprehension

>honestly speaking, what modern day popstar deserves something like this instead of beyonce? inb4 grimes or something equally stupid.
Noone deserves something like this. Especially not a pretty puppet that sings what she is given. She wouldn't be able to have a serious discussion on the topics she sings about.

my bad almost forgot you mentioned "virtue signalling". should've immediately caught on to your stupidity after that.

you dont think she can have a serious discussion on issues that affect black women? why?

I'm not that guy, but I'd wager that she's too privileged to have any real understanding of the topic. In this stage of capitalist society, the rich are easily the least privileged group to be found

Björk

>American education

thats understandable but you dont have to live something out to gain a decent understanding of it. plus she wasn't born rich either.

Fairly sure around... 2009, I think, an university started a major on The Beatles. So, yeah, they've got her beat.

but beyonce is culturally more influential than her by a long shot.

What? Her father Matthew Knowles was rich and started training her for stardom when she was a kid and funded her girl band.

The professor was fired and the course got cancelled after he tweeted he wanted Trump to get shot. He deleted the tweet fast but it was too late.

jfc americans are really fucking crazy. why wish death upon someone just because your diametrically opposed to them in regards to politics?

- t. white girl who considers herself "woke"

>literally every single song has some sort of fleshed out narrative that millions of people are relating
>I keep hot sauce in my bag swag
>cuz I slay

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU SURE SHOWED ME!

keep projecting, faggot

dam, woke af

talk about a comprehensive argument. well done user.

Says the person who defends Beyonce's cheap and blatant marketing tactics. Joke's on us though, you're just pretending to be retarded for the epic (You)'s

Beyonce doesn't deserve any sort of analytical critique because she doesn't take the effort to actually make the music she performs unlike other pop artists, panders to her audience in the most obvious way and uses politics as a marketing device whether it's genuinely her beliefs or not while also having white or Jewish male writers make most of her music. She's overrated overbloated pop artist who relies solely on her image and persona to sell records. there's nothing of real substance to her, this latest attempt of hers just clearly shows how"deep" her or her writers lyrics or songwriting abilities can be.

When can I get a degree in Kanye Studies?

In Sup Forumsnivversity

They are more deservingat least.

america is dead

>Mfw he's actually a white nationalist and is mad that Trump isn't
>His Beyonce course was actually him chastising black people and talking about Jewish hegemony in the entertainment business

Varg Vikernes

>implying it's a bad thing for universities to have retarded courses that retarded students pay for
>implying the money doesn't go to making the university's good courses better

i mean i'd prefer the fat autistic lifestyle too, fuck wasting 50k on 3 years on beyonce