How do you get into soccer

How do you get into soccer

By getting out of gay

u can start with calling it football

By being born into a plebeian culture that borderline worships the shitty sport.

Just become a /lifelong/ lehcestah fan like me m8

Born and raised in frog island here innit

How did you know iwas gay

gay people usually don't add question marks to their questions,

how else would i know

Every game is the same basically, just passing back and forth up and down the field, with 1 minute or so of action (shooting/scoring). at least there are no commercials

Only hipster faggots call soccer football

Forget club shit. It's retarded. Get involved in international football and root for white teams. Your best bet for this WC is Germany, so root for Germany. You want shitskin 3rd world countries like Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, and Spain to get BTFO by the patrician countires such as Poland, Belgium, England (LOL), etc.

cringe

Non-Shitpost Answer is buy FIFA. At least that's how I got into it. Pick a team to start a story mode or franchise mode or whatever with.

The transfer system was pretty foreign to me so that took some getting used to, but other than that it's the best way to get really into soccer.

Fuck MyTeam though. Literally the dumbest, Jewiest, money-grabbing game mode ever created.

U can starte bie watch hour ligue pls, tx bye

Top-tier response

Argentina NT is unironically white tho

Could say the same about any sport, you retard.

the coach has to tell the fourth official and he holds up a sign

Go out and support your local team, the seasons here are starting up and between the MLS, NASL, and USL there's bound to be a team within driving distance of you

There's an app called FotMob that tells you each match that happens everyday in all the major leagues or cups or international competitions, and shows the TV networks they'll be on

If you're coming from other american sports and want to see a lot of goals and action I'd recommend Bundesliga, although it is dominated by Buyernwinslol

Lastly, lurk the generals here on spee

Don't do anything this faggot just said. If you unironically watch MLELS you need to kys.

nah other sports have more interesting stuff in between the scoring. football your can do running or passing, field goals etc just to name a few. baseball you can have exciting situations like bases loaded 2 out bottom 9th, plus you can hit homeruns, steal bases, double triple etc. The american sports are much more interesting than soccer

this and also go to the stadium, go see preferably a good team and you'll start rooting for them.

if you live in fucking portland i don't know just support your team, but if you live in the middle of nowhere just watch europe or some hipster league like portuguese or south american and see the teams

some teams have political or cultural traits so if you care about that

Soccer is the Justin Beiber of sports

Not everyone has to be a eurosnob hipster elitist, faggot

play FM
watch MOTD
start watching big european matches

>other sports have more interesting stuff in between

If the commercials are more interesting than the sport then your sport is shit m8

I tried, but it just wasn't for me
>There's not enough scoring

>There's too much diving

>The games end in draws.

>It's a pussy sport (no huge hits, generally smaller players.)

Lurk Eternal Arsenal threads.
You'll see how stupid they are then you'll want to learn about other teams

This I started playing FIFA this year and all of a sudden I appreciate watching the sport.

>boreball

>exciting

Opinion discarded.

Yeah there's not enough structure and always the risk of having wasted your life on a match that ends in a draw. Also I struggle to distance the degenerate culture around soccer from the actual sport.

>no huge hits

Yet why is apehoop and luckswing so popular?

EA pls go

kek

Play some pes/fifa

Everyone always makes fun of American football for having commercials and shit, but when the game was actually being played I found it infinitely more interesting. Every single play mattered and had a consequence, the game is simply more intense. In a soccer match, you can just coast around, be on your phone, talk to your friends, etc.. To me personally there wasn't enough action

stop consuming american sports media

they are brainwashing you to accept the shitty mediocre american sports, because these sports allow for a maximum amount of commercials, which makes the networks tons of money

but free yourself from their greedy claws!
start thinking for yourself and appreciate the world's sport, the beautiful game, the only relevant sport to have ever been played

>luckswing

If you're gonna sperg about muh rashul poo-rity then go watch darts or something instead you retard

You have to realize that the play is all twenty-two players on the field. It isn't just focused around the ball, alot of the times the action is what's happening on the other side of the field. Formations being stretched, cracked and broken. Holes in the defense opening up in response, which get exploited soon afterwards.

Alot of the times, if you're paying attention, you can see goals happening 15-25 seconds before the ball goes into the net. You just need to get to know the sport to appreciate how teams move and tactically arm-wrestle. 11 v 11 is like two octopii greco-wrestling.

become gay

>t. shitskin
I'm insulted you even responded to me.

I'll watch whatever I damn well please, Nigel.

sniffing solvents to drop your IQ about 60 points is a good start

But he's already american

are you trying to create aussie-rules soccer here?

>been a soccer referee for 10 years
>still can't get into the sport
>hate watching soccer while I'm refereeing but luckily I'm too focused on myself to pay attention to them

Frankly i don't find it interesting to watch, i just like to play it

OP, why even get into that faggot 3rd world sport when your home sports are greatly superior? And i say this as Scottish immigrant

Hanz makes a valid point here.

Don't cut yourself on that edge Andy.

>borderline

football is everything!

this

FLY EMIRATES

get invested in a team and then watch that one beautiful match that makes you understand why it's the most artistic and emotional sport there is

scoring is low but that's what makes every goal feel so precious

leicester is currently accepting /lifelongs/ you should watch their CL games and hope for magic

Liverpool vs Milan, final of champion's league, watch the whole thing till the end

Suck a lot of cocks

Actually brits also called it soccer, short for Association Football. That's why Americans call it soccer.

The only way is too autistically immerse yourself in the wikipedia roster sections of the main teams and then when they play you'll actually know who the fuck people are and it will be interesting. Once you start watching with interest you'll see the game more and be able to watch matches with literally who's

World Cup 2018 is probably a good place to start

>tfw can't get into any sport other than football

basketball and hockey both seem cool, but i can't invest into the games like i can with football.

feels bad, anyone else /onesport/ here?

fucking cringe

start wearing panties and high heels and sucking cocks

not sure why i kek'd but ok

i watch everything but baseball. soccer on weekend mornings and tues/wed afternoon for cl. nba and nhl at night. football ends in feb and its only sunday plus interesting mnf or tnf games

you don't get into soccer it gets into you. it got into me. if it hasn't gotten into you, that's ok.

how do i unlock hockey, basketball, and soccer?

i'd get into you if that's ok

>don't speak your natural dialect. make this change for no reason

i think you are the brainwashed one here, m8

You kill yourself

>brits called it soccer

Literally 1 faggot trying to get his stupid word to catch on. Something like fleek.

Learn your times and then just hit up /r/footballhighlights when the games are starting.

The same way one would start experimenting with men

FUCK i mean /r/soccerstreams

MLS just plain sucks

It's not even a Euro v US thing, it's just poor quality, boring play. Not fun to watch. Would you watch amateur hockey or single-A baseball or something?

This. All the world powers don't have soccer as their main sport, outside of England and Germany.
>Japan: Baseball
>China: Ping Pong
>Russia: killing gays
>USA: (American) Football

You can thank poor degenerates for calling it football. The rich and intelligent called it soccer, then they realized how shitty and inbred England is, and moved to Australia, Canada, and the US, hence us 3 call it soccer.

slurp some semen

>>Russia: killing gays
Which team do you think will go all the way this year?

So you're saying I should stay home and strictly watch European soccer instead of balancing that with going out and supporting my local team?

No fucking shit the MLS isn't on their level but you don't have to sit in front of a screen to enjoy the game. Why not see it IRL and meet new people with common interests/

Topkek

>world powers
>England
>Germany

m8, WW2 ended a while back.

Sockcare? What might that be?

Gotta put my money on that new team the Sevastopol Squatters.

Suck a lot of cock.

You should do whatever you want but mls is a terrible suggestion for someone who's trying to get a feel for the sport

Half the Sup Forums faggots in here who spam how much they hate soccer base that opinion off of MLS highlights from ESPN.

>Finnish humor

>Sup Forums
>hate soccer

lælwat. how much projection is really neccessary for this insecurity?

>"you should immerse yourself in the sport by watching it on a screen, not going to a game and experiencing the atmosphere yourself"

stop.

What insecurity? I find MLS boring like i find D-league basketball or AA ball boring

underrated

Arsenal plz

the fuck does that have to do with a completely unrelated board then?

You're making a complete fool out of yourself here.

someone who's trying to get into sawker is not going to notice any difference between MLS and a top 4 league.

The easiest way to get into soccer is to watch the national team desu. I never cared about the sport at all until I started watching the usmnt. After that it's pretty easy to watch international and even club soccer

Soccer is a shit fucking game, I unironically think American football is the better sport.

If you want to watch a good sport that America competes in, watch rugby union sevens and then work your way into actual union.

>world power
>Japan only """stockpiled""" two nuclear bombs in their entire history
>they had one in Hiroshima and another in Nagasaki, very briefly

>In accordance with NATO strike plans these tactical nuclear weapons are targeted at the Middle East

Makes perfect sense to direct them against sites in the middle east. Still could make another delivery in Japan to check if they're indeed a world power

Australia is as much of a world power as Japan, as in not at all

It is literally medieval war. American Football = 1 battle, Soccer = Total War.

Wingers are Cavalry
Centers are Infantry

Don't fall for the 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 et cetera view of the sport, this is a vertical reading of a team, really you read your battle lines horizontally. So take into account first the horizontal measure of a team, then the vertical.

I always like my favorite teams to fight the Battle of Hastings.

> THIS IS NOT SOCCER, THIS IS TOTAL WAR

Please watch our sport

>root for white teams
>England

got me laffin

>MLS just plain sucks
>It's not even a Euro v US thing, it's just poor quality, boring play. Not fun to watch. Would you watch amateur hockey or single-A baseball or something?
I do actually watch semi-pro football when it's on tv for cup matches. A game can be exciting even if it isn't the most skilful display.

>spain players are literally more want than those playing for belgium and england