Was it worth the wait?

Was it worth the wait?

Nothing in this life is worth it.

If say so, and I'm not t really a big brand new fan. Think it was deserving of the 10 melonhead gave it

Fuck no, it's just more faggoty emo trash

For me, yes. It took me until last year to enjoy daisy.

>Think it was deserving of the 10 melonhead gave it
You're so fucking stupid Brandon

Well worth it honestly I love the fuck out of it easy 10/10 for me

Nah, he's just psychic and knows he's going to give it

it was awful. but i certainly wasnt waiting. lol its shitty emo pop punk for 13 year olds in 2005 who have developmental defects and havent matured in 10 years

At least the album cover is somewhat interesting unlike the atrocities of "album art" they have released before

Yes it met my expectations of the last 8 years. Didn't think that was possible

/thread

i doubt it'll be higher than a strong 7 unless he doesn't mind the clear pop-punk influences. Pretty sure he's not big on modern pop-punk

Yeah but he's always given Brand New a pass. I mean if he gave Modern Baseball a 7 it must mean he doesn't completely hate the genre

Quoting this for when melon rates it a well deserved 8.

rating this over a 9 you'll have to be deaf

1. I love the album art
2. I hate the album name. Like really, what is it in relation to? Fucking dumb.
3. Upon the first listen I thought that this album fucking sucks and I had waited eight years for nothing.
4. Upon my third listen I become to think it's hella worth the wait and it's a damn good album.
5. I realize i'll never see Brand New live, get depressed, and promptly hang myself like my heroes Chester Bennington and Chris Cornell
6. Get my spirit summoned from the dead by /x/. They tell me to post my experience on Sup Forums.
7. I post my experience on Sup Forums.

I think it's an 8.5 out of 10. Fantaningo will probably give it a 6.

Not modest mouse released an album and nobody cares

are you from alaska or a shut-in or what

Yeah you're probably right. I haven't heard him talk about Brand New before so hopefully I'll be surprised with the review.

D&G and Daisy were fine. I'll agree YFW and Deja were bad though.

you mean worth the weight?

He hasn't reviewed it yet.

It's getting it 8 he'll say it's boring in parts

Nah dude, it's an album that I like so Mellonhead's gonna give it like a solid 5 or some shit

has he ever given an album a 10?

yea

it's 10/10 album because it's top1 in this decade. RYM isn't right, because they consider too much rap as good music

I was thinking it's called Science Fiction because of a lot of the themes in the album. Some of these things may have seemed like science fiction or something that would never happen/happen again, nuclear bombs ect.

>IF IT'S BREAKING YOUR HEART, NOTHING IS FUN, DON'T LOSE HOPE MY SON, THIS IS THE LAST ONE!

yes he gave money store a 10, which was a big deal and it's part of the reason why death grips is so big, admittedly i saw his review before checking them out.

literally who?

>emo pop punk

confirmed didnt listen

it's better than daisy but not great

i honestly just listened to it out of curiosity/nostalgia

i saw brand new probably 8 times between 2000-2005, including with taking back sunday in a room of like 75 kids, i'll always have respect for the guys but i dunno i guess i just aged out of it

Couldn't be more fucking shocked by how terrible this is.

Is it because unlike the rest of Sup Forums I was actually alive and around when the bands and songs this album clearly lifts were new?

This album literally goes in and out of sounding straight up rehashes of various early radiohead stuff, shit like filter and nirvana and shit

In this regard it literally sounds like an Autolux album or something, but with awful modern music staple shit pasted around the place. Vocals always start right there at the 2nd bar, always overusing reverb on the vocals and always ALWAYS overusing fucking vocal harmonies.

Sup Forums literally has gone to shit, I'm in a world full of underages praising copy pasta meme music

you're too old for emo, what did you honestly expect this to sound like

It's called science fiction because he cearly still hates but can't stop alluding to religion you fucking stooge

Must be hard being married with kids, frozen in time watching everyone else achieve their dreams. Putting on a fake mask every morning to tell them everything is going to be alright. Working day in and day out to buy them things and support them so they ultimately turn into you, trapped in a dead relationship slowly watching your face becoming more and more unrecognizable in the mirror.

You don't hate the album user, you hate yourself because you miss the days of being miserable and afraid of were you are now.

Album of the decade. Seriously, keep listening to it. A great progression from Daisy.

SSSSSSSSSS'GOOD

Nice projecting, "le the past is gone embrace le future" fuck off cunt.

My life is always fucking good, but I know objectively shit was better before modern media got into it's tunnel vision.

Bands like "Brand New" shouldn't even be fucking rated. It'd be like if in the 60's every single fucking crooney blues cover band got some following. It's fucking pathetic.

Ironic that their name is "Brand New" because none of it is. Is that the point? Is it some kind of meta humour?

This is emo? Emo is an old dead genre for kiddies when I was a teenager. OP album is straight up indistinguishable from every indy garbage fest since 2010
Seriously holy fuck, no wonder the radio is filled with such shit these days, no one can write a song worth a shit

When is America going to fuck off with it's indy bullshit singing about hurt fee fees and how much liberalism they can snort up their asscrack

Who the hell do you think you are? Who the hell do you think you are? You any kind of artist? Anybody know who you are? This is one of the most important places in all of North America. Who are you? Who are you! You miserable presumptuous no-talent. You're no artist. An artist respects the silence that serves the foundation of creativity. You obviously don't have the talent. You don't have enough respect for yourself or other people or what it is to express yourself. And music really is a form of creativity. And I'm an NYU film school graduate, sucka, in the School of Visual Arts, and The Academy of Art University in San Francisco. You suck, you're a no-talent. If you really had talent, go practice and to get yourself a gig instead of ruining the end of the day for everybody down here. You're a disgrace. You're everything that has gone wrong in this world. You're a self-consumed, no-talent, mediocre piece of shit. And I've earned my right to say it, ok? In 1975, I walked Bob Dylan up on stage. I knew the Grateful Dead since 1966. Who the fuck are you? You nothing! You nothing. You are nothing. You will never be anything, never. How dare you. How dare you. You miserable, mediocre nothing. Shame on you. I'm trained classically, I'm trained contemporaneously, and you suck

Jesus christ the 60's!?

Are you 57? Get the fuck off this board and go spend time with your family.

You are so full of hate. It's very unsightly.

It's getting better with every listen. I could do without the audio snippets and the couple half songs tacked onto other tracks, those are minor quibbles though.

It's getting a lot of praise for one of the most unoriginal albums I've ever heard and some 90s alt rock wankfest

The Deja cover is practically a classic.