Why do people go to bars? I work at a bar and I see this shit every night

why do people go to bars? I work at a bar and I see this shit every night.
>Paying way too much for cheap beer
>Paying way too much for shots and shitty cocktails
>Having to yell at each other because its so loud
>Barely being able to walk anywhere because its so damn crowded
>Shitty food that costs 4 times more than it should
People go to the bar to pay like 40 dollars for one pitcher of beer and a shitty pizza, and they can barely hear each other and almost never get a date/casual sex out of it. Why do they do it every weekend?

because its fun. even if the bar is shit, the tbartenders suck, the music is terrible, and the food gives you the shits, its still fun to hang out with friends and drunk-hate on everything with em. .

I usually go to bars to play pool, because other pool halls can't sell alcohol here.

Plus if there's a band playing that i might like, it's always nice

sounds like you work at a shitty bar OP.

>almost never get a date/casual sex out of it.
speak for yourself

some of us have friends and occasionally go out to have fun and get fucked up

im mostly talking about bars in cities like the one I work at. unless they are failing, they are usually busy, loud, crowded, and expensive. the one I work at seems better than most because they have more cool games and at least a few good things to eat. I like working there but I couldn't imagine paying to be there. I guess most people just like getting fucked up and messing around there

>this
and being loud and drunk, which is fun with friends

>Says works at bar
>doesnt talk about muscles or bar-tending.
Are you a prostitute?

inner-city bars usually are kinda shit, yeah. They're the kind of place which are fine early in the evening, or you only go to when you're already pissed. You're stuck there as it gets worse and there'd no good bars nearby to go to.
They're for people who're looking to get a buzz on before they go clubbing.

Most people never really enjoy those bars, it just takes them until they're 25-30 to figure out they don't have to go.

I just help with everything. bus tables, repair the games and whatever equipment needs to be repaired, clean up shit, do maintenance stuff. but I almost always work late, from the evening until 2am so Im there when its super busy and there are lots of drunk people.
The loud and drunk people always do seem to have a good time. they are annoying to deal with though, but that's what I get paid for

idk just yesterday I went with some friends to this "bar"... It basically was like a closed street where they had different beer stalls, I don't really like going to bars but I was in a good mood so I said yeah

One shot of tequila or Mezcal costed 1/4 of what the whole bottle would cost at a store, and the music was FUCKING LOUD we were sitting in a bench and I literally couldnt hear the guy 2 seats away from me so I had to stand up and stay in the middle to have a conversation

My guess is most people just want to look cool or impress girls (my friend invited a girl to meet us there so thats probably why he wanted to go) I really much rather just drink at someone elses house you can drink x5 times what you could drink at any bar paying like x10 times less, I honestly don't get it

unless it is a sport bar, or has pool, or something cool to have fun other than to drink the same beer I can get at my corner store then I think it is pointless

i think this probably sums it up the best
people wanna seem cool so they go to the bar just to fit in and do what everyone else is doing. and while they're there of course they will drink and buy the overpriced stuff. i just feel like, every day i work there, all the people there are complete superficial fucktards. probably don't even know that the earth orbits the sun. they just get drunk, sit there, and hope someone hits on them

yeah, from the few times I have been to bars or clubs, most guys are just some cucks who invite girls to impress them and the girls just go to get free drinks and take a selfie to brag about how they go out every night... And the guys want to look cool and seem like they do what everyone else is doing

Can't think of any other reason to pay for something x5 times of what its real value is, other than to show off you "can" do it

Have you picked up drunk girls while working? Or flirted with any? The place I went plenty of girls seemed to be going with male friendzoned guys, kind wanted to talk to a few but I wasn't drunk enough

you guys sum up the experience of going to bars at age 19/20 pretty well.

There are quieter bars you can go to, and at some point you have enough disposable income that you can spend $80 on an an evening out with friends and not worry too much.

no, i have encountered lots of drunk girls but I can't really flirt with them, I am always busy doing something. I don't want to flirt with drunk people anyways. too much to deal with and they probably wouldn't even touch me with a 10 foot pole if they were sober. so I just avoid it. but if i was decent looking and had some social skills I could probably do it. I had to basically carry one girl to the bathroom because she was so drunk she couldn't walk or find it.

Some people enjoy meeting new people constantly.

You're anti-social so you can't see the appeal.
It's that simple.

I enjoy new things and meeting new people. But the people at this bar all seem to be the same. Maybe I just have to be a certain type of person to really like interacting with them. But I don't wan to meet white bitch with too much makeup #1 through #1000 every night, and I don't want to meet douchebag frat boy #1 through #1000 every night either. I wanna meet some interesting people

I mean is not that I worry about the money (too much) I would just rather spend that money at a restaurant with them or a concert or whatever... I don't really see the benefit drinking at a bar has, unless as I said, it has pool, tv's with sports, etc... But just a bar with tables and loud music? Fuck no

But sure a quieter bar like those that play live music that isn't raping my ears sure

Everyone knows that drinking out is way more expensive than drinking at home. But if that's the only thing you are considering, you are seriously missing the point.

Also, suggesting that people only drink at bars to "look cool or impress girls" makes you sound like a massive loser. I guess if you don't get it, you just don't get it.

Honestly I rather pay up some dinner with a Tinder bitch than to pick up a wasted whore at a bar... You are talking as if you made life lasting friends at bars, when most people who frequent them regularly are "social" in the sense they are just whoring out or wanting to show off

Holy shit, you guys must be the biggest neck beards.

All the bars aren't the one wherz you work. Here in belgium the beers price in bars is "decent" compared to others countries, still overpriced but decent

I said I don't see the benefit or the pro to it, obviously watching a movie at the cinema is more expensive than to watch it online at home, but I rather go to the movies because its funnier... Now, the bar? With the description I gave, nah fuck it... As other user said sure there might be bars not so loud where you can interact better, but the ones OP described where you have to yell 4 feet away from you, I don't really see the up hand over drinking at some other place like an apartment of some guy, girl or whatever

Also never said people ONLY go to look cool or impress, don't make up shit, I said MOST (of the few I have seen) that doesn't mean 100% in every single place in the world nigger

please, o great one, share with us your stories and wisdom of how you came to CRUSH so much PUSSY with chicks you meet at bars and how you at the same time ended up on random

you must be the biggest cuck in the face of the planet, keep inviting ashley to that nice bar hoping after 3 months of paying up 200$ and her Uber to go fuck Chad once she is tipsy every other weekend will get you in her pants lol fucking perma virgin cuck fagg

Please tell me you have the set

Hahaha holy shit, definitely touched a sore point here.

End of the day, if you don't understand why people go to bars and you immediately start calling people "cucks" or "nigger" as soon as they disagree with you, there is a very, very good chance that you are a massive loser.

keep projecting fag ass, also starting your posts with
>hahahaha

doesn't make you look any less of a butthurt nigglet who couldn't find a thing to say back, just fucking killyourself already

The bar is the new watering hole. It's where animals meet.

Back then you had to worry about being eaten by crocodiles. Now you just pay flat fee on overpriced drinks.

everyone is a god in their own mind

I am an atheist

Legitimately can't tell if you are trolling or not.

I actually sincerely hope you are, cause otherwise you are a very, very stereotypical angry loser. And that's pretty sad.

as someone who also works in a bar, this is real. I fail to understand it. Degenerates..

Do they have duck pin bowling? I remember you Noob Noob...

Still no counter-argumet good job, now go to sleep, you have to wake up early to say good morning to Tiffany tomorrow before she uploads a snap with Tyrone naked next to her

As I said, if you don't get it, you don't get it. Bars / pubs / clubs ARE often over priced, loud, overly busy and often full of idiots. But when you are with friends, they are a lot of fun. They are also a great place to meet new people / pick up girls. I do understand that if you don't have friends they wouldn't be particularly fun, but hey, each to their own.

Really? You go to a bar, a place where you literally called a place full of idiots to make friends? Wow you are beyond retarded, no need to reply anymore you made clear you have autism or some sort of medical condition that made you insanely stupid, thanks for the clarification

You have to be trolling, right? In the space of 3 posts you've now dropped "cuck", "autism" and "butt hurt nigglet".

Again avoiding all the facts my posts say, congrats cuckboi

Your mom is a slut for cock and cum. Your dad is a beta bitch faggot cum drinking homo cuckold loser.