Oh hello overseas anons, graveyard shift anons and insomniac anons. Would you like some kind words...

Oh hello overseas anons, graveyard shift anons and insomniac anons. Would you like some kind words, a place to just talk or even to ask someone working in mental health something? Well here's your chance. Also a lil bit of fun is nice too. All courtesy of my colleagues.
>If you get even dubs I'll give you a simple tarot reading. Get odd dubs and I'll bestow knowledge of the secret world of the moonbunnies upon you.
>AND first user to roll trips and provide a screenshot of the (you) with a contact method will get a $15 or less steam game for free. This applies until the thread is over.

Nice dubs. Can I have a job?

Hi

Chek'd
Helloo!
Good evening....er...morning...watever

Dubs city.

Chek'd
What kind of work do you do?

>*sees a gun*

UwU what's this?

Nice dubs right back at you IV Swords adventure!!!!
Make sure to take time to rest after a period of struggle. This will give you time to reflect upon your hardships and learn from them.

Sure, there's all kinds of jobs in mental health for all levels of education, what's your education like?

oh my! Hello and a fortune for you too!

>YOU DIED (death)
Everything comes to an end, but do not despair, for from the ashes of the old can always rise something new!

Hello there my classy friend it's nice to see you E>

no kidding!

Good day to you too any advise on women?

Treat them well.

Women are an enigma!!!!... not really, women typically want the same things as men, trust, intimacy, attractiveness, and in western society women tend to value strong presence, honesty, hard work ethic and stability.
Though to each their own I suppose...

>Look at this [CURSED] photograph!

Bamp

aww, thank you for the bump and kitty. I will save this image...

Hello psychiatrist user, thanks for remembering we exist.
Here's my question:
What should I do with my spare time at work? I do night time sanitation for a grocery store deli and I always finish all my cleaning with about an hour or more to spare. My current solution is audiobooks and the occasional retreat to the backroom to browse Sup Forums

Don't use the store WiFi. There is no privacy.
Is there a sturdy water pipe? See how many chin ups you can do.

mmm I have a somewhat similar situation with my job overnight honestly (not a psychiatrist btw, I'm a therapist no Rx'ing from me!). Honestly.... I play vidya when I'm done with work until I get a walk in or phone call... for best results I'd look into maybe listening or watching something education if you intend to further your education a bit. Kinda.. get in the groove or get back up to speed or so. Ooooooor... if that's in the plans, I like the audio book idea, but maybe take a real book someday if possible.... theres... just something nice about the physical book still. I'm a bit biased though. I like watching educational stuff, especially on physics. PBS Spacetime is pretty nice. ...

wonderful point!
At my work I do situps, pushups, and we have these 50lb steel chairs (PITA to pick up and throw hehe) and I use them for rows & curls. Working out is a great idea!

No fitness club dues, either!

I'm keen for that Tarrot card reading.
Been having mad bouts of synthesesia and depression.

Mm it's slow enough I don't mind doing one for you.

>2 Pentagrams InnI
Be wary of letting your own self interests get in the way of working with others towards a common goal. Perhaps you should evaluate what your goals are right now.

Synesthesia eh? What kind?
Also, what's this about depression?

Nice reading. Thanks user!
Synesthesia is when two senses are combined, so each day may have a colour, in my case I can feel sound. It's a little stressful and overwhelming but it makes music alright.

The depression's just 80% of the weight on my shoulders, other than that and shit's pretty decent!

Interesting. I've met a few people that have had colors with visual cues. I can imagine it's a sensory overload sometimes.. but it does sound like it adds a richness to music other's don't get to experience.

As far as the depression goes... anything you've done in the past that's helped or planning anything currently to cope & recover?

Nice triple double

On mobile data, no worries. I listen to the audiobook whilst I work, as it is mostly scrubbing things by myself. I would not trust these pipes to support my weight, but push-ups may be suitable, thanks user!
I tried drawing and writing but that involves standing at a countertop for stretches of time, visible to the few others working who don't take kindly to my browsing or use of headphones while working, so I keep it contained mostly to the modest backroom

Can you step outside for a breath of fresh Air?
That is an underrated act, in my opinion.

Ah? thanks! Funny when I post in my own thread or others I often get dubs when I don't want/need them...

I suppose it's lucky I work alone in my dept overnight, bit lonely but I keep busy enough. Glad we could be of help.

Yeah it's... a different way of experiencing life, that's for sure. It gets on depression a little bit though, unfortunately.

Well, I'm finally getting some kind of friends and hanging out, getting back out there in life again. I got afraid to do it every so often and then just ended up closing up all the way. Stepping out there in life, getting some counselling, maybe going on medication, getting possibilities back into my life helps too.

will i ever stop shitposting? i need to go back to work tonight.

rr once out of bordem.

I'm glad to hear this... isolation is so sinister a part of depression.... gets in you and keeps you from seeking out the things that can actually help. I've seen it so much, a person not so clouded by the fog of depression can understand their worth and the importance of others... but cloud them away with negativity and that all gets lost. Kinda like the possibilities thing... theres always something left to try, something left to work for.... even if we can't see it on our own. Best of luck to you, if you need any resources I can try and help out, or if you have any questions about seeing a therapist too.

Shitposting is quite the common past time. Just think about that $$. Never know when the hard work might get noticed and avail ya something good in life.

Shit posting can be elevated to an art form, of sorts.

Bimp

Since I'm slowly working my way closer and closer to a schizophrenia diagnosis, is it still a good idea to keep a loaded shotgun at the foot of my bed for home defense? I can generally tell whats real and whats not, im not even convinced im sick honestly. the kind of shit i see and hear is so mundane that it leaves me questioning the point more than anything else.

I suppose but there are no good reasons for it as I don't smoke cigarettes and don't want to start just for a free outside break.
The best way I can pass the time is finding extra work to do, seconded by having a pleasant chat with the night checker who is usually a very cool older guy

Chek'd
I would say no.

That sounds like a great idea!

1. check'd ( 0-0)/
2. I'd say no, especially if this really is an official diagnosis. Lemme ask how old are you? How long has it been going on for and do you live in an area where realistically you would need protection?

Normally psychosis doesn't lead to suicidality... but it definitely can. Most people experiencing psychosis don't hurt others either, but I have assaulted at work by a patient suffering from delusions... so .. it's possible.

(no one has gotten odd dubs yes hmmm, Reisen would be unhappy I couldn't share her culture...)

>4 cuppa
You run the risk of not appreciating what you already have. No matter how noble the goal, don't neglect whatever blessings, no matter how small, you're fortunate for.

Love it, glean some wisdom from em!

Mostly started a couple years back as really minor stuff, occasionally hearing people call my name or shouting from the front of the house (still lived with parents at the time) Since then its progressed to seeing figures out of the corners of my vision, having hands grab me during the night, feeling my own mattress breathing beneath me. Or like tonight where i was woken up to a fully fledged conversation taking place in the empty guest room (I live alone now). Shit legit makes me feel like I'm living in a horror movie.

As for the shotgun, I've had issues in the past of some people running up and trying to kick in my front gate, but where i live now its mostly defense against wildlife. Nothing worse than waking up to a mountain lion trying to kill one of your animals.

It sounds developmentally correct for schizophrenia... I wish I could say differently, but it's best to take steps now rather than wish it sounded else wise.... A few things to know about schizophrenia that no one tells you up front.

1. It -IS- manageable: Proper medication can mediate the hallunications and behavioral therapy can provide concrete reality testing strategies and improve your ability to cope with the effects that aren't handled medication.

2. Meds are super tricky. Lotta people get off of them b/c they
-A. Feel like they don't work, or work well enough
-B. Feel like once they stop experiencing major symptoms they're cured.
-C. Can't stand the side effects.

To combat this I offer this knowledge: Meds CAN work, but it's not always guaranteed to be correct the first time, or even the first few times. ALWAYS be up front with your doctor about the effects you are getting. Med management is always best left to your doctor and they can only do it while well informed.
Don't stop your meds until your doctor is ready for you too. Schizophrenia is biological disease with measurable changes in neurology. It doesn't get cured by meds, only remediated Some people can stop meds someday, but they usually need long term counseling to keep off.

Antipsychotics will have side effects, but medication like Cogentin can lessen or eliminate them. Also med changes can reduce or eliminate them.

Finally I always advice clients to keep a journal of their thoughts about how they feel different when not in severe symptoms vs when they are... so any time they consider going off their meds they have experience in hand... in writing.. their writing that will give them insight they may not have at that moment.

Arlighty luvs. I've been going to hours now. It's my day off and I still need to get some shopping done before I go to bed.

If anyone needs anything further you can reach me at
Skyden13162@gmail com

Thanks for the lovely night. I'll be back Thursday evening around 8pm EST.

Best of luck to everyone!

Goodnight Sky!