ISIS has rendered airstrikes on Mosul and Raqqa impossible by covering every street in each city with canvas

ISIS has rendered airstrikes on Mosul and Raqqa impossible by covering every street in each city with canvas.

ISIS: 1
American trillion dollar war machine: 0

more reason to nuke the city entirely

Americans actually did the same thing in WW2 with their factories.

Actually, you can see through those pretty easily with our surveillance capabilities.

I love low tech vs high tech fights.

>ABU HAJAAAAAAAAR YOU IDIOT

Mosul was captured by the Iraqi Army like a month ago.

Drone operator: "commander, our missiles are bouncing back at our troops due to some new trampoline-like tech the enemy has deployed"

This. Having done this type of work, I can assure you that the canvas isn't going to do much.

How is canvas gonna deflect a missile?

So let's just level the entire city.

Good. I hope this causes the US to bring back carpet bombing. Cities have no place in the ME.

I hate how nukes aren't considered a valid tactic, and are only ever thought of in strategic terms.

Fucking Americans. They could've nuked Russia out of existence, but chose to be gud bcuz muh morales and gawd.

We could've been the Burger Empire, but instead we have this shit.

Actually, you have Julius and Ethel Rosenberg to thank for MAD.

Nuclear war would've meant the end of humanity if the other country retaliated FAGGIT

>first Soviet nuclear test was on the 29th of August 1949

KYSMM

Can't see guns on camera, only thermal outlines and blurs. Implying we shoot a missle at every heat signature in a city

Nukes are for tanks and navies, m8. Penetrates straight through all that armour.

We could flatten a city in an afternoon using conventional weapons, no need to waste all that nuke money.

I don't get it, literally what is the point of this? FLIR could see straight through these. We probably have high enough resolution cameras to be able to visually discern where the canvases are as opposed to rooftops as well...

Is this just a psychological thing for the citizens who live there?

ISIS might be on to some new meme warfare type stuff

>American trillion dollar war machine: 1
>American trillion dollar war machine: 0

FTFY

it's raqqa, might as well

>the US could have produced enough nukes to wipe out the USSR pre-emptively
[citation needed]
And you should keep in mind that the USSR already had chemical WMDs.

kek this right here, we are one of these faggots biggest financiers you think we give a shit what happens in Syria as long as it stays unstable

Just bomb the entire city, it's not like anything important will be lost

ok, bring out the 52s

Could've dropped one on Moscow and finished what Hitler started.

Trust me I agree, but the US military is scared shitless of killing civilians and dealing with the backlash, so the ywont

By 1945 all USSR war-production was already evacuated to the Urals. A nuke on Moscow would have only made the Soviets angry, not weak.

Sheets would reflect radiant heat, making it harder to use FLIR. If you watch any combat video using FLIR, you see it's very blurry and low-resolution. FLIR would be useless in distinguishing between civilians and militants.

((((((Julius and Ethel Rosenberg))))))

Just have drones drop big rocks on them and take it down

ISIS will be too busy putting the tarps back up to fight

Surveillance platforms also have infrared sensors.

So, lemme get this straight. Japs surrendered when they were nuked, and they fought harder and longer than the Soviets.

So you believe the Soviets, who treated their population miserably and were starving, weren't half as fanatical as the Japs, their military massively over-extended and dependent on lend & lease, wouldn't surrender if Moscow vanished in a cloud of hot dust?

missed pic

if your goal is to kill muslim you dont really have to aime

>Japs surrendered when they were nuked, and they fought harder and longer than the Soviets.
Ha. Keep drinking the US coolaid.

Nice VPN. American nuke-capabilities very pretty inferior to soviet-ones.

Never heard of the Red Scare, have you?

That's what I'm getting at.

ABU HAJAAR YOU IDIOT, NOW MY SON CANNOT PAINT AND HAS FAILED OUT OF ART COLLEGE

The US invented (read: had more German scientists) nukes before the USSR. See Soviets contributed the most manpower, but lend & lease meant they actually had guns to fire and fuel for their vehicles.

"These supplies were critical in some key areas. For example, in the beginning of 1942, Western tanks fully replenished Soviet losses, and exceeded them by three times. About 15 percent of the aircraft used by Soviet air forces were supplied by Allies, including the Airacobra fighter and Boston bomber. The Allies supplied 15,000 state-of-the-art machines at that time; for example, famous Soviet ace Alexander Pokryshkin flew Airacobra, as did the rest of his squadron. He shot down 59 enemy aircraft, and 48 of them were thanks to American military equipment."

Excellent user...fuckin a that's a good subtle forcing of a redpill

American ICBMS are superior to Russian ones. Russians also still use liquid fuel.

WHY? Does canvas stop 500-pound bombs?

No. White guilt does.

>muh wimmen an chillen
>y u blow up skool, west
>human shields is fine for pr
>suddenly 50,000 palestinians with cutting edge video equipment fucking everywhere including on screen

rats, lets just call it a tie like good ol nam

its the GLA who knows what bounces around in their heads.

My city uses the same in the summer

time for little boy and fatman...

Dont forget the usual supply stuff like truck and tyres, which the USSR lacked but the US supplied in droves

So we'd just be even further along the line of ethnic replacement?
America isn't really any better than us when it comes to racial stuff, especially to its puppet states. Most of the leftist though regarding race started in America, because they've had (((diversity))) for much longer than we've had.
The European far left has more power than the American though, so as America right now is only having the far left dictate policy now, we've had it for awhile yet.
I assure you that American control would probably only have ended up with a worse situation.

Pretty much all the cuck laws in Germany were set up by the US, sure under obvious circumstances, but just as a reminder.

The point is you can't distinguish between people so targeted assassinations and precision strikes are impossible.

Drone pilots have testified to being able to see people have sex and take shits through the mud buildings in Afghanistan

You've got know clue how good the FLIR is because you've never seen it at its native resolution. The optics package on the predator and reaper drones are 3 million dollars.

It doesn't matter though. This wont interrupt drone operations any more than weather interfering with the live feeds already do.

Most of the bombing in Raqqa is fast-movers anyway, and they are primarily striking buildings.

>Assad continues to use unguided barrel bombs

>entire cities burn to the ground in a matter of hours as the fires move effortlessly over the canvas roadways tailor-made for them

got me

they're just drying their laundry

This guy gets it.

Laughed out of 10! I would upvote and gold you if we were on Reddit! Think of the karma!

Why shouldn't we just kill them all indiscriminately?

The Japs didn't surrender because of the nukes, though.

>you can't distinguish between people

lol you think they actually zoom in from 14,000ft on the faces from ridiculous angles to ID the target?
They don't do that. They ID the target with very basic height/build criteria. For instance the "pacing man" at the Abbottabad compound was estimated to be at least 6ft tall, which was consistent with Bin Laden. They locate and ID the target primarily by other intelligence
>people on the ground (more common than you think)
>HUMINT
>electronic geo-location: The NSA geolocation system used by JSOC is known by the code name GILGAMESH. Under the program, a specially constructed device is attached to the drone. As the drone circles, the device locates the SIM card or handset that the military believes is used by the target.
>the CIA uses a similar NSA platform known as SHENANIGANS. The operation—previously undisclosed—utilizes a pod on aircraft that vacuums up massive amounts of data from any wireless routers, computers, smart phones or other electronic devices that are within range.
>signature activity: being followed by a security team, associating with certain positively identified people, travelling to and from certain locations.

The quality of the footage coming from a drone over a live feed, even with military budgets, can be just as variable as something on youtube or twitch. Atmospherics do get in the way.

Not just canvas. Has broken glass on top to obscure thermal sensors.

Broken glass. Thermal cannot see through glass. They know this already. You apparently do bot.

>US launches full scale invasion to remove the blankets
>leaves and resumes drone strikes
>send Isis a fine for littering

Also with regards to the geolocating, the taliban have actually tried to thwart it as well, which I think is a much more interesting story than this awning bullshit

>One problem, he explains, is that targets are increasingly aware of the NSA’s reliance on geolocating, and have moved to thwart the tactic. Some have as many as 16 different SIM cards associated with their identity within the High Value Target system.
>Some top Taliban leaders, knowing of the NSA’s targeting method, have purposely and randomly distributed SIM cards among their units in order to elude their trackers. “They would do things like go to meetings, take all their SIM cards out, put them in a bag, mix them up, and everybody gets a different SIM card when they leave,” the former drone operator says. “That’s how they confuse us.”
>According to the former drone operator, the geolocation cells at the NSA that run the tracking program – known as Geo Cell –sometimes facilitate strikes without knowing whether the individual in possession of a tracked cell phone or SIM card is in fact the intended target of the strike.
>“Once the bomb lands or a night raid happens, you know that phone is there,” he says. “But we don’t know who’s behind it, who’s holding it. It’s of course assumed that the phone belongs to a human being who is nefarious and considered an ‘unlawful enemy combatant.’
>In his speech at the National Defense University last May, President Obama declared that “before any strike is taken, there must be near-certainty that no civilians will be killed or injured
>The former drone operator also says that he personally participated in drone strikes where the identity of the target was known, but other unknown people nearby were also killed.

The only way to end ISIS is to start leveling cities.
I was thinking take their territory and but a 1x1km grid like they did in Iraq during the first Gulf War.
Anytime they pull some shit pick a square at random and depopulate it with immense firepower.

They'll give up eventually.

*overlay a 1x1km grid

Wel then it looks like they'll just have to indiscriminately bomb the whole place now

What makes canvas so powerful against bombs? This seems fake

>implying russia cares who they hit

pics or you're lying.

The natural solution is to just level the entire city stratholme-style.

r u b8n? wat is this

I wonder if napalm will burn it

Topkek

that's fucking illegal faggot.

i'm sick of you fucking faggot potheads and kikes thinking you can just break the law and get away with it. i've personally alerted the FDA about several illegal fucking lemonade and cookie stands in my neighborhood. they have NO fucking right to go and sell products that could potentially carry disease and harm someone, they have NO license or certification to do so.

there is no society or civilization without LAW. without LAW and the men who ENFORCE it, we're just fucking niggers.

who the fuck do you think you are to sell brownies wherever you feel like? do you think you can do anything you want? are you some sort of homosexual anarchist? fuck you. you're the reason why our nations are being invaded.

and don't tell me you degenerates have the proper fucking licenses and certifications to safely sell cooked food products anyways. you don't. you're not smart enough to pass the tests. and to me? you're nothing but wetback scum.

i hope you all go to prison and die of AIDS. the rest of us are better off without the kind of scumbags that don't ask permission before doing this kind of thing. somebody could get hurt, but what do you care? all you care about is yourself. you're a bunch of greedy kike individualists who aren't willing to be part of a NATION. you're worthless on your own and you're just a fucking chicago criminal selling contraband. i have no fucking pity for you and if i see you, i am reporting you.

die.

Kudos ISIS

you fool
>send US troops to Mosul and Raqqa
>have them tenderly take down all canvas and glass
>leave
>send the war machines afterwards

This. Once ISIS is in a city it should be considered a total loss.

The reason ISIS is taking over cities is because those cities ARENT FIGHTING THEM.

What is FLIR? Hint: infra red is transparent to cloth.

T. Former Air Force

>muslims in charge of FLIR
God they make it too easy.

>Drone pilots

American education really sucks eh?

You do realize drones are piloted right? You would probably know that if your country had them

almost got me

>drones are piloted

Jesus Christ I'm amazed at how fucking stupid you guys are. If they were piloted they wouldn't be drones dumbass.

What about the broken glass claim people are making in this thread?

>t. Mexican Intellectual

Jesus that's a lot of canvas. How much did it cost the American tax payers?

Drones aren't automated you spic

Napalm, or some other incindiary device., during ww2 pacific theater, we dropped bats with incindiary devices that were timed to detonate. Or iraq army uses flame throwers

Settle down there, edge supreme. Adults are actually concerned with widespread fallout.

By an operator. Not manned. An op is a pilot.

Give me one good reason not to just just nuke Raqqa and Mosul, launch a major ground invasion to capture the smoking remains, and be done with it? Is any existing nuclear power going to object?

That'd be hot as fuck in the desert during the day.

More like American trillion dollar war machine: 2

Kek, this.

the article was written by Glenn Greenwald, so don't ask me.
In practice they are called UAVs, UASs, or RPAVs.

No. Stalin already threw 20+million peasants under the German state of the art tanks and he would have thrown another 20 million without hesitation. Speaking of Moscow, this is the city that has already been burned down entirely in a great war - during the Napoleon invasion. That's simply not how countries like Russia work. The Soviets weren't as ideologically fanatical as japs, but they had the choice of following Stalin's orders or simply be shot at the spot. Needless to say, it made for a great persuasive tactic.

You could level the city with conventional bombs if you really wanted to

American wars last as long as America wants them to last

CAMOFLAGE:
EVERYTHING WRAPPED IN TOWELS.
KEBABS WRAPPED IN TOWELS.
THEREFORE EVERYTHING IS KEBAB.

DESTROY ALL KEBAB

Drones are piloted by operators.

They actually burned their own capitals on multiple occasions during the wars. Just to take away the joy of enemy taking them.

That's not how Russia works.
Even when the enemy takes the land, the population goes innawoods and starts using guerrilla tactics, first and foremost killing their own collaborators so the enemy doesn't have any local support.

And they would still fight if every major city would be nuked, it would just make them angrier.

A good example is the first Chechen war, when at the start a whole division was cut off and wiped out.
When the Russian troops managed to get to them after 2 weeks month only 20 people were alive and they refused to be extracted until they get their revenge.

It doesn't matter if you kill 90% of Russians, the remaining 10% will still be fighting. Stalin didn't force anyone, that's the natural state of Russians. If they don't have a Stalin, they create one.