I want to start wearing a watch. i know nothing about them. what is a good brand to look at in the 200-300 dollar range?

i want to start wearing a watch. i know nothing about them. what is a good brand to look at in the 200-300 dollar range?

Other urls found in this thread:

braun-clocks.com/watches/gents-bn0024-classic-watch-with-leather-strap.html
prestigetime.com/page.php?accuracy
creationwatches.com/mindex.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seiko or Orient. Stay away from fashion watches. Michael Kors type shit.

Citizen watches

Agreed, Seiko and Orient are great.

>I know nothing about them.

They're normally used for checking what time it is. Hope this helps

This is my day to day watch. Reliable, sensible looking. You could get away with wearing it with a suit or casual clothing

thanks user, this really helps me out.

are smart watches just a meme or would it be worth it to get one?

If suicide isn't an option, smart watch is viable.

To add, citizens are good too, I'm just not that familiar with them. Island watch is a good site for decent quality, affordable watches

"Smart Watch" is an oxymoron. A watch with a battery that only lasts a day isn't smart.

Any cheap Swiss brand is good quality

I have a citizen and victorinox. Both really good brands

Avoid any cheapo department store quartz watch
>For $250 you can buy a decent Seiko Automatic
It will last forever

And what to buy if your into trannirs and from time to time you cheat your fiancee with a hot tranny i heels? Is there a watch for that type of people? Thx b

You know b suck tranny dick i get off on it and i need a watch for that.

Don't be a faggot, don't get a watch.

I really don't get how a young man can wear a watch these days without looking like a needledick. Now that everyone has a phone a watch is clearly a compensation tool or a broke ass trying to look like he has money

check out this new bad boy i just got. outta the way citizen wearing shits

My typical everyday watch, really comfortable and it really goes good with any kind of clothing or style

check out mine, pretty tech savy, i know :D

whats wrong with "fashion" watches? i have a golden watch from tomy hilfiger that looks good and it works just like any other watch
'

fine

Here's my hand, but without said watch

>tfw portable heart rate monitor

Lol what? My Rolex is subtle, nobody really notices it even. It's an incredibly high quality, multi lifetime sort of piece. I didn't buy it for other people, when I was researching a watch I could wear everyday until I die, the answer was always Rolex. Maybe one day you'll understand how having nice things works.

braun-clocks.com/watches/gents-bn0024-classic-watch-with-leather-strap.html

OP what do you need the watch for? Dressy or what. Seiko 5 is a good option from Amazon. Bulletproof shit.

She won't need it long.

festina nice brand

Can be useful if you're into the fitness lifestyle and want to keep better track of your gains/ hold yourself more accountable than you have been. Other than that, it's much better to get a regular watch.

Anything over $100 and it simply comes down to your preferred aesthetics. Regardless of whether it's purely mechanical, quartz, or digital, spending more won't get you a watch that keeps time more accurately to a degree that you would ever notice.

Pretty debatable.

You can't go wrong with a Nixon watch.

You could also check out Fossil watches, they're reliable and have a classic look to them.

>nobody notices it

You have big piece of metal strapped around your fucking wrist. Everyone notices it. And if you are buying a fucking rolex you are doing it exclusively so somebody notices it.

I am willing to bet big money 90% of the dudes with rolexes have tiny man syndrome prove me wrong

What reason is there to have otherwise? Fucking christ I swear I am losing my mind. One of my coworkers always wears watches and has a fucking pile of them and tries to convince to buy one. I have literally never heard a good reason. Give me one good reason.

Oh for the convenience to have a fucking piece of wasted money strapped to my wrist? So the girls can know I wasted $400 on something worthless? So my tiny dick can feel half an inch bigger? There is no reason ever to own a watch unless you have one of the utility ones with a compass and shit built into it and then that is only useful if you are out camping and shit.

Well, my oyster perpetual was more like 5K, not $400. Lol stay mad bro, I like my watches it's cool if you don't but why so angry

More of your hand

Exactly what I mean by tiny man syndrome. Takes the littlest bait

Oh yea? You spent 5k on a watch? I spend my money on useful shit. What is the point of your watch? What purpose does it serve? What use is it? Like I said I have yet to hear one good reason, one fucking reason, yet homeboy thinks the fact he spent 5000 dollars on a fucking clock strapped to his wrist is a good reason...........

BTW, most people don't know what this is, nobody parts that much attention. I've had one co worker notice it's a Rolex.

Again. WHY

WHY

One good reason. Just any fucking reason to have one.

Don't just take my word for it dude.

prestigetime.com/page.php?accuracy

Demanding that strangers justify their purchases to you is pretty dim witted. OP said he wants a watch. Who cares the reason?
I spend my money on useful shit, and toys. Luckily I've worked hard and have the luxury of spending what I want on a watch. So..... Deal with it.

I wear a Seiko SCUBA Kinetic watch. Waterproof, pretty tough, functional dive ring, charges from normal motion throughout the day, don't need to wear it every day and it keeps going for weeks.

I'd recommend a Seiko or Citizen.

Ah, I love Sup Forums.

I mean, a spring drive Grand Seiko and a Seiko 5 are going to be vastly different in terms of accuracy. It may not be noticeable for everyone but I guess it may depend on what is being used for.

How about I like checking the time every five minutes on a little clock on my wrist instead of pulling my phone out every five minutes? If you don't like it, look at your phone, who fucking cares?

I make good money and have spent 0 dollars on watches in my life.

That picture of that rolex wtf. Outside of the expense to acquire a fairly useless hunk of metal, why would you want that on you... If I got paid to wear that thing I would turn it down.

One good reason. One good reason to fork out money to strap a fucking clock to your wrist......

Also, can wear a watch while surfing and diving, and it's easier to glance at when cycling or running. Phones just aren't as practical as timepieces.

Why the fuck are you checking the clock that often? Have you no sense of time? Maybe once or twice a day do I need to see the time. I just know it otherwise. The fucking computer has it, the clock on the wall has it, the microwave has it, my car has it. The time is everywhere. You fucking retards are trying to justify your tiny man syndrome wasted money by saying you need to check the time every 5 minutes but it is to laborious to pull your phone out. Or look at the wall. Or look at your dashboard. Or just.... keep track of time?

One good reason. One good reason

thats incredably close to the watch im wearing just now, citizen as well

>got compliments on my watch from non-watch fags wearing this/10

If he wants and can afford a £1,000,000 watch then so be it, they sell them in Harrods, London .

This I accept. And I said that in my earlier post about camping and shit. But that isn't an everyday. Most of you fuckers aren't Richard Branson traveling the world windsurfing with legitimate excuse for that kind of thing.

I have a gear s2 not the one you talk with just the watch. I like it a lot.

Because watches look good and people that matter will notice them

I'm going to go ahead an assume you don't get compliments on your appearance so you really wouldn't understand

The embodiment of tiny man syndrome.

No I get complimented on my looks all the time. That's why I don't need a fucking watch to tell myself people like me

Haha

So what do you drive? Honda Civic because it's good enough? Buy the cheapest of everything because there's no reason to spend money on anything nice? I don't get it. So vehemently against something when you know you have some interest that others would see is pointless. Do you have no perspective on anything in the world that isn't your own that is 100% right no matter what?

No a car has an actual purpose. A watch does not.

That is my whole fucking point

why do you not think improving appearance/enjoying the look of a watch can be a purpose?

Because I do not think it improves appearance. It is a worthless hunk of metal strapped around your wrist.

Every dude I know that has invested money into a watch has tiny man syndrome. It is not a coincidence.

Keep trying to equivocate it to the same type of purchase as buying a car...

Dont be a fucking faggot , you have the time on your phone ! Seriously listen to yourself you want to spend $2-300 on something that only needs to cost $10 max and you do not even need it ! How brainwashed are you people by corporate media ???

Yea
And why do people buy fashionable clothing
and paintings
and makeup
and decoration
As long a I can't see any practical purpose to it because I'm too autistic to understand empotions, it cannot serve ANY purpose at ALL. We should all just be living in a grey world made of 100% practical squares.

Oh boy I didn't expect this level of mental jumping jacks.

Go to sleep and cuddle your watch

creationwatches.com/mindex.php

The cheapest Chinese digital watch will keep time 1000's of time more accurately ! You must have a teeny tiny penis ?

kek wristlets btfo

I don't know if it's been said TL;DR , but it really depends on what you want. If you want a sport watch that you can swim with or a watch as a piece of jewellery.