Stop listening to music on your phone

Stop listening to music on your phone.

"no"

>buy my special edition vinyl instead

this

>In 2009, a fan approached Steven Wilson before a show in Portland, Oregon, with an unusual request. The fan, in his early twenties, handed Steven a hammer and his iPod and asked the musician to smash the device to pieces. By then, of course, Steven was something of an expert in such matters. The documentary Insurgentes included scenes of the songwriter using a shotgun, a blowtorch and a car to destroy Apple’s digital music player. It was a playful protest against the poor sound quality of MP3s, the shift away from physical records, and the way that iPods encouraged listeners to place less importance on the album format. Before Steven wielded the hammer, he wryly told the fan, “I’m going to strike a blow for music today.”

jesus christ, rockists are embarassing

Bite me.

delete your xbox... NOW.

>rockists
Stop calling rocksters that.

stop being energized by facebook

>Marilyn Manson
>shit tagging, no artwork

fuck you

kek

Jesus what a fucking retarded piece of shit this guy is

obvious bait is obvious

found the newfag

first of all, you guys are retarded for believing this is real

second of all, I kind of agree with him about the album format losing importance

xbox

is

I like his points on releasing music. During a meet and greet he had said his philosophy behind releasing stuff is to just get it out there. Leaving 10-20 year gaps and generating an unreasonable amount of hype can hurt an album a la tool.

american football fucked themselves over too

Expanding on that too, you put yourself in a dangerous position when the hype cycle gets out of control. You either play it too safe and make something ultimately forgettable (MBV) or you make something that people aren't expecting and piss everyone off (Gorillaz, Daft Punk)